Grower's unwritten rules

• Thread starter Jalisco Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Buddy Hemphill

Oh my i got a ton for this one.

Never let the person your dating in on the project. Shit can back fire on you
Next if your partner happens to be the attractive. Be straight up and say that you might want to get dirty but we can never let the feelings come in the way of the Op then or later to come.

One i am a little strange about saying to people in person. I have to say i am not your father or the person saying how to run your life. When you get into it, cut the party life and people coming over out. people will always go some where when your not looking.

lol...hell hath no wrath....

V

Voidstar

one rule, covers most... Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity. Coupled with common sense isn't common and you're onto a winner.

for example.. a good friend, smoked bud for long enough, been around others who have grown plenty of times, see's my plants entering flowering, goes home, meets up with his sister and goes to the pub and meets some others, (who all know me, but still) then talk about my grow. now as mentioned, everyone there knew me, knew i smoked bud, but not all, in fact none of the others knew I was growing, the way i'd like it kept, as well as anyone one else close enough to overhear the what i doubt quite conversation while drinking...

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

T

trykome1

If someone else is in your garden the results are your fault. I had to leave my garden in another's care for 5 days while I went to a funeral out of town. I was ready to bury another friend when I got back! :hunter:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I disagree with that, to a... degree. I think it needs to be qualified. I used to do a lot of pet/aquarium/house sitting, and have had others do the same. I like, and know how to give, very detailed instructions. As long as you've given detailed instructions, including how to deal with mishaps, then you've done the best you can do. It happens, people die, things happen, you have to leave your garden in another person's care. What's required is diligence.

And so, the rule I've always lived by, which is when caring for another person's living things, be very, very diligent in that care. Follow their instructions exactly. That way, if something goes wrong, you can blame it on them.

See, I recently had an experience with a family member who I had to leave in charge of some of my girls, and he decided that, despite them being 14 weeks in, they were somehow too yellow, so he decided they needed more food. I had dropped their feeding because I was preparing to flush them. Needless to say, he got some green back in 'em, and some grief back from ME.

sedate

sedate

altitude farmer said:
#372- STOP at 2 bong rips if you need to tend your garden with a buzz. That 3rd pull of the tube leads to alot of confusion, mislabeling, and mistakes, and you definitely want the best for your girls... hehe

^^^ Haha. That.

Sometimes I'll use CFL's to throw some light on the back of plants that aren't sandwiched between HPS's - the other night I was so stoned I forgot to hook it up to the TIMED outlet and ran a fucking 42w CFL for the ENTIRE 12 hour dark cycle.

:headbang

T

trykome1

Agreed, I have since set him up with little op, and gave him some cuttings. I taught him well with detailed instructions too. Now I have a valuable and trusted partner and can feel safe leaving town.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

sorry guys i'm a bud squeezer lol. i cant help it i have to smell it from my fingers i just have to! I'll only grab a popcorn or rub a leaf that has some trics on it i wont try to give a cola a happy ending or anything!

the main rule is NEVER assume anything is cool to do in someone else grow room always ask permission. also if you have mites forwarn me so i don't let you into my grow location at all! i'll get you some pics but that's the best i can do for you.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That maybe deserves its own thread--stoner quotes.

D

DoubleDub

bud squeezing!!

haha I feel like we all must be guilty at one point or another... man i just cant resist...

however i must say my bud squeezin days are over... nowadays i hold myself back to just finger fuckin the leaves... I find that their trics carry similar if not exactly the same beautiful aroma..

anyone else too timid to touch nuggets and instead smother your leaves?

homebrew420

homebrew420

She was asking for it! She wanted me to give her a squeeze!...I swear!
I have been inside so many different gardens doing electrical work and it only takes a second to ask. problem solved. Personally i don't mind if visitors want to give a gentle caress what is forbidden is manhandling of near finished flowers.

It's a plant. Mites are so common place now I am fairly certain most folk have them out here. I also never go from one garden to another without a change of closed. Not fair to the gardeners.

Peace

sedate

sedate

homebrew420 said:
Personally i don't mind if visitors want to give a gentle caress what is forbidden is manhandling of near finished flowers.

^^ That. I can't believe everyone calling out bud squeezers - jeeze - I mean the fun part is watching people trip out on the aromatics, the sticky fingers, and the dense colas.

This makes absolutely no difference what-so-ever in final product either - I mean wtf - cut the plant, trim the bud, dry it, cure it - and someone is going to find the squeezed bud?

I mean jeeze - it's all going up in smoke anyway . . .

homebrew said:
Mites are so common place now I am fairly certain most folk have them out here

Mites are the worst. I had 'em for fuck near 6 months off-and-on after I picked up some infected clones.

I can't figure out why they are so endemic out here . . . I've also noticed that every single time I'm in a hydroshop, at least one or two people come in to buy some type of mite spray. I mean everyone must have these little bitches . . .

mack 10

mack 10

Fo sure i hate them dam bud squeezer's, i put a lot of time n effert into making fat buds,my bro is a squeezer,we have words, often. mack.

P

pjmoner

wow i am a newbie at this but i definately understand where everyone is coming from i work in an industry where i get to see the lack of common sense everyday by people and it still amazes me my grandma always used to tell used " you can't fix stupid " but broken hands cant touch plants lol thats what i say

B

Bill Bloome

manners

My Granny used to grow roses and she gave away many to her friends.She used to say never do anything in haste and always ask permission.Manners,like common sense ,has become a rare commodity.Another of her sayings was ignorance can be fixed....stupids forever.Take nothing for granted!

cannabeans

cannabeans

Don't pass out feminized beans without tellin the people your givin them to what they are...

Don't pass out unsexed plants to new growers and watch them waste an entire grow room to pollen...learn how to sex plants people!!!

Don't ask for cuts, if I want you to have one i will give ya one

Tex

tex,
spot on!!!! STOP THE FEMINIZED SEED!

Latest posts

Top Bottom