Growers Utilizing Cob Lights

• Thread starter Dan789
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

More light intensity par at the canopy equals more photosynthesis more hormones put into growth which in return grows not only bigger but faster I think:bookworm:

I think the higher levels of blue cause the plants to have less stretch and initiate flowering sooner.

With just hps. Even hortilux with 25% blue there is more stretch and more flower sites developing before initial budding.

My opinion anyway.

SinCity

SinCity

In my case it’s a combo of the shortened photoperiod and using far red leds to simulate the Emerson effect. I just chopped a 60 day strain at day 51 with amber trics. Could have taken her at day 47.

Apologies @JWM2 ! I'm realizing my reply probably came off bitchy. :sweating: Sorry! I'm just so into this new info and so i reacted to your post about its spectral aspects and it came off, well, bitchy. :speechless:

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Apologies @JWM2 ! I'm realizing my reply probably came off bitchy. :sweating: Sorry! I'm just so into this new info and so i reacted to your post about its spectral aspects and it came off, well, bitchy. :speechless:

Oh no worries. I figured you didn't mean it that way. I'm a pretty easy going guy. I was just hoping you weren't taking what I was saying as if I was disagreeing with you :-)

SinCity

SinCity

Oh no worries. I figured you didn't mean it that way. I'm a pretty easy going guy. I was just hoping you weren't taking what I was saying as if I was disagreeing with you :)

Oh good! Definitely didn't take it as you disagreeing--you were describing. Generously and informatively!

H

Highkev

2401E3E7 3082 4D40 9A7B 56076F645B25
So my buddy sends a pic of his plant what is it bleached from light?

SinCity

SinCity

I think the higher levels of blue cause the plants to have less stretch and initiate flowering sooner.

With just hps. Even hortilux with 25% blue there is more stretch and more flower sites developing before initial budding.

My opinion anyway.

Love this! Did you do much reading or did you pick this up from observation? I'm a bookworm so i'm reading a bunch of research that confirms that the blue end added to the red and far-red does reduce stretch more than just red alone--and it's the combo that signals the plant to flower earlier and for less time. So i'm seeing across the literature that there needs to be a combo of wavelengths. I hadn't heard of the Emerson effect--apparently there is a secondary Emerson effect too. I KNOW NOTHING--I'M JUST READING. I LOVE THIS DISCUSSION. Apparently the far-red has to be supplemented by a shorter wave-length (blue is a shorter wave right?) because the quantum yield of photosynthesis drops at the far-red end more quickly than is optimal.

They're also saying that it's not just metabolic increases from optimal PAR that's doing such great stuff. It's that the metabolic optimization leads to fuller gene expression...ooohhh the possibilities. THANK YOU ALL FOR HAVING PATIENCE WITH ME AS I SORT THROUGH THIS. WRITING IT HELPS ME. ALL RESPONSES WELCOME!

SinCity

SinCity

Preach it brother

@UncleRomulus and @MIMedGrower and anybody else i can ask: since this old dog is learning new tricks, may i ask what you do not like about the LEDs? I always used HPS and metal halide but damn the right LED sounds like a big improvement. I'd very much appreciate your thoughts...

H

Highkev

@UncleRomulus and @MIMedGrower and anybody else i can ask: since this old dog is learning new tricks, may i ask what you do not like about the LEDs? I always used HPS and metal halide but damn the right LED sounds like a big improvement. I'd very much appreciate your thoughts...
I might be wrong but looking for a nice par value across the entire canopy evenly distributed to get maximum light intensity to the tops of each plant to maximize flower size but apparently there’s even more cause spectrum plays a roll to bid I need to read more journals and learn about that next. There’s a cool YouTube video of a guy growing lettuce under different colored lights and they all respond different. I’m gonna start there. I would post it but it’s not copying for some reason.

SinCity

SinCity

I might be wrong but looking for a nice par value across the entire canopy evenly distributed to get maximum light intensity to the tops of each plant to maximize flower size but apparently there’s even more cause spectrum plays a roll to bid I need to read more journals and learn about that next. There’s a cool YouTube video of a guy growing lettuce under different colored lights and they all respond different. I’m gonna start there. I would post it but it’s not copying for some reason.

apparently, not just different species do best under differing protocols, but different cultivars want different arrangements too. it's not one size fits all. i'm attaching a paper you might find interesting--the experiment is well-designed. many experiments with cannabis are not--alot is by people who either don't know herb well enough or people who don't know research design well enough.

View attachment biophysj00666-0002.pdf
Top Bottom