Growers Utilizing Cob Lights

• Thread starter Dan789
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Phylex

Phylex

So all reds is for flower initiation only? So no sens to use it? I thought that better spectrum will give better weed? What do U meen with initiation? If I want flowers, I turn the lights into 12/12, no need for other initiation here...

So there is no sens to adding blue or red to spectrum and mix of 3000k and 3500k is just perfect for ower plants?
My interpretation of far red initiation is to speed it up during transition. As a hypothetical example, if it takes you 3 weeks to develop pre flowers by just switching the lights to 12/12, it would have taken 2 weeks if you were using far red to initiate it. That's how I understand it. The speed limit is a little faster on the far red super highway.

Paldo

Paldo

My interpretation of far red initiation is to speed it up during transition. As a hypothetical example, if it takes you 3 weeks to develop pre flowers by just switching the lights to 12/12, it would have taken 2 weeks if you were using far red to initiate it. That's how I understand it. The speed limit is a little faster on the far red super highway.

Ye but I can do the same with turning 12/12 one week earlier, no need for extra light for it...

My question basically was about all flo period, specially the late flo. I was thinking that red mayby will speed riping or plant will produce more flowers, more rasin etc. If not, then I will stay with 3000k cobs.

And what about 5000k? I found this streange info about blue witch produce more rasin? How is it posible, and is it worth it? I have some 5000k 90cri, which I sometimes add during veg, so mayby I shoud mix one 5000k with 4x3000 + 4x3500? Anybody test it?

Paldo

Paldo

Also what spectrum is best for veg for mother of clones? I thought 5000k, but on the other hand more streach will be good for plan like that = more clones, less waiting...

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Ye but I can do the same with turning 12/12 one week earlier, no need for extra light for it...

My question basically was about all flo period, specially the late flo. I was thinking that red mayby will speed riping or plant will produce more flowers, more rasin etc. If not, then I will stay with 3000k cobs.

And what about 5000k? I found this streange info about blue witch produce more rasin? How is it posible, and is it worth it? I have some 5000k 90cri, which I sometimes add during veg, so mayby I shoud mix one 5000k with 4x3000 + 4x3500? Anybody test it?
I use HID lighting, 2X 1000 watt. During veg, I use a 7500k and a 10K Metal Halide. During 12/12, switch out one of the MH for a 3000K MH (MS1000 Sylvania) and one MH for a 1000 watt HPS. The yield is much bigger, denser, and greasier under the combination of red enhanced MH and HPS. The reds make a big difference...not sure if they are far reds but I'm sure there is a sizable component. The MS1000 adds blue but also some additional reds. The HPS is mostly in the red range and both combined works best, IMO.

Paldo

Paldo

How it look in terms of kelvins? hps is like mine 3000k cob (lets say) so U recomend adding some deep red? What about blue?

Ok mayby I need to write about my situacion. Now I have 4x3500 (110W)+ 1x5000k (30W), in second week of flo I'm going to change 1x5000k into 4x3000k (110W). So mayby I need to leave that 5000k during flo period?

What about red? Is it worth to add some deep red? f.e. 30W (16x epistar 3W deep red)

mattb

mattb

I think hes saying mixxed spectrum is best but unless your swaping 5000w @ 10000k for 3000k your not going to notice

Top Bottom