Growin & Smokin in Florida

• Thread starter Ghostwolf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Strive

Strive

well I almost turned my tent into a teepee lol. check out this engineering marvel.....
100 1623

ugly but it works, no more bowed roof and lets me hang the hood higher too
100 1624

100 1625

Twisted pleasure

Twisted pleasure

Hey crafty you are. Thats perfect. Now time to finish those puppies out nice. Is the hood cooling and dialed everything in the way you thought it would?

Strive

Strive

thanks pimp:D

thanks tp, honestly no. it's running around 82f, I hoped it'd run cooler but it does spread the light better. I can't find the sweet spot, the light seems very evenly distributed so that's an improvement. beats the hell out of a 600w and easycool 6 to be sure

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Do you have problems with the plants finishing out alright at 82*F? That seems to be within the acceptable range to me (but then, I've always said my indoor skills suck).

Strive

Strive

only electric bill problems sea, the quality is fine as far as I can tell but I rely on my central h&a to keep things cool and I have to keep it at 71f during lights on to achieve 82f in the tent. probably end up going sealed once I can afford a minisplit I think

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Once I experienced minisplits, I find myself astonished that this isn't how homes in the U.S. are heated and cooled and that we, instead, use centralized systems that force everyone in the home to experience the same conditions. Well, what if my motor's running hotter than my mother's (which it usually is)? I'm boiling at 72F and she's freezing! Minisplits are awesomejuice.

Strive

Strive

right, we have the same problem lol. 72f is the shizz, I get hot at 73f. minisplit will proably be next

Twisted pleasure

Twisted pleasure

This Might help Strive. I do this with my fish tank. And With my 400 closet I use for popping new gear.
I bought this bathroom fan it is super quite and moves a decent amount of air It has been running 10 hours a day for like 5 years. the only thing Ive had to ever do is clean the fan blades once. Mount it at the top of the tent and blow it ware ever you like. It might be enough to ware you can atleast let your central air shut off some save you on your bill.
System Shots 052
System Shots 054
System Shots 051

It just enough to slightly create a vacuum with everything closed and removing the air from the top will cause a slight draw at the top and ever so slightly removing the heat. I know I do this with a 400 bare bulb.
And the fish tank is 3x250 bare bulb 2x96 watt vho's and some led's so Im sure it would help with your closed hood I would think.

If You can get the air drawn in to only come from the bottom it will draw fresh c02 up and through your canopy as well. And Im sure your know what fresh co2 will do.

Another thing is to tap an ac vent to draw your air incoming air from so even when your central air is off that evaporator is still cold for some time so You will draw cool air without your unit even running.

Just a few things Ive done over the years to deal with high bills and the brutal heat we have to deal with.

SuperSilverHaze

SuperSilverHaze

its a result of the politicians letting previous bills die in committee and then the following year they get re-submitted and that is why the need for the ballot initiative so the people can decide.

I would prefer a bill like the Cathy Jordan bill over one voted in by the people where the regulations/laws are formed after it voted in.

peace

Drifting13

Drifting13

I have run the M before but I think I didn't let it go long enough. Ya learn by growing! The immature M was a fair smoke, so I hoping for much better results this time.

Dawn Patrol

Dawn Patrol

Damn Strive, ya really got that tent rockin!!

Good to see everybody active and safe. I've been busy as hell lately and don't have much going on, just one more old mum finishing up soon. I'll try to get a pic or two this weekend.

Sea, if I can find the links I'll PM ya some fine fish p0Rn :p when I get a minute.

Strive

Strive

why thank you dp, I'm just having some good luck, i'm sure i'll screw it up before too much longer. quit being so damn busy and stop in more bro

Top Bottom