Growin & Smokin in Florida

• Thread starter Ghostwolf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BudCandy420

I'm not having a cutting problem but all of a sudden it is HOT AS BLUE HELL here in Tampa/St. Pete area and I worry bout my lil girlz. 94f in my garage and I've gotten the tent to a what i see as a comfortable 85-87....No problems so far but I see trouble on the horizon if i don't do sumpin. humity has been controlled to accommodate 70-75% I think! COME ON RAINY SEASON
I went indoors and tapped into my house a/c . when it cuts on it blows into both of my rooms.

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
ok was curious if it was way faster than the way I do it. doesnt sound like it. I use rockwool or peat pellets and a cheap plastic dome and heating pad. most everything roots in 5 days. 7 and the legs are out the other side and trying to walk away lol.

DonKnots

DonKnots

ok was curious if it was way faster than the way I do it. doesnt sound like it. I use rockwool or peat pellets and a cheap plastic dome and heating pad. most everything roots in 5 days. 7 and the legs are out the other side and trying to walk away lol.

Yea, its pretty much the same. I have pretty much done every method except rockwool (which i bought some for playing with recently). I have really good luck with peat pods too and similar times.

I really do it in cloner mainly to not have soil in the rdwc system floating around from the peat pods. Nice clean start to the run. Sometimes i have had to water the top of the netpot till roots get to length and peat runs down thru into system. Its also nice not to need a dome on the tray which sometimes leads to me getting fungus/mold/algae/whatever growing inside the domed tray on the cuts and pods.

The thing i have the worst luck with is the rapid rooters for some reason, sometimes its hard to get small stems to sink into the medium and feels like the stem is going to break.

Most of the times the cloner has been set and forget. The only work normally is afterwards cleaning the system. Hell if you forget em in the cloner for a little bit they will just start a growing till you get to em, i do use a low ppm nute solution, 2micro/4bloom.

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
Never had that issue using rapid rooter plugs or RW. ive run many a rdwc.I dont mind the dome . key is burping it once a day I guess. more than one way to skin a cat but I understand where you are coming from. thanks for the info

STRIV3

STRIV3

don you got to poke a stick or something through the rooter to open the hole more, pus showed me to pinch off a small piece and use it to help hold the stem in the plug.
dsd 70 days, the rest is screwed,ph or roots or something,i'm a sad little man this month
100 3649

DonKnots

DonKnots

Thanks Striv3, i did open the hole more on the latest rapids i took and pinched the end off as well to plug it with. They seem all good so far. I need to keep an eye on more than the peat pods as i think they dry out a little quicker too. But i like using the large tomato peat pods myself so...more medium more water retention.

Sorry to here issues with ph/roots. Been there before .... wasnt fun.

STRIV3

STRIV3

oh, push them things down more, bottom them out in those flats so the can touch some water if they start drying out too much.
yeah lol, I went from hand grenades to blackberries, I just hope I don't do whatever it was again:oops:
sea, you'd be more than welcome to it:D

Dawn Patrol

Dawn Patrol

Hey all, here's how I use rapid rooters. I take a 4 penny nail and make a new hole beside the center hole. It fits the stem of the cutting tightly and more securely than the center hole and that's how they work best. You can't push the nail straight down or you'll come out the side and you don't want to go all the way through the bottom of the rapid rooter either.

Unless you're trying to root really thin cuts, it's usually pretty easy to push the stem down into the new hole. Then I rack em up in ice cube trays, alternating holes to give them some space (or maybe four to a tray if they are large cuts) and I keep a little water in the bottom of the trays to keep the rapid rooters moist. I put all these in a clear sterlite tub from big lots with plastic wrap to cover most of the top to trap the humidity.

In summer I have a ghetto ass cloning chamber that is made from a big TV box, styrofoam for insulation, a lexan top and a dorm fridge with the door removed on one end for cooling. I just put the trays directly in there with the lights on top and outside to control the heat. It's shit to look at but it was cheap as hell and it works!

SuperSilverHaze

SuperSilverHaze

how things going Drift? hope your staying medicated as needed.

got the fewest # in flower in quite some time but i cant wait until im growing outside......maybe next year.

Drifting13

Drifting13

how things going Drift? hope your staying medicated as needed.

got the fewest # in flower in quite some time but i cant wait until im growing outside......maybe next year.
It's going but really slowly. Had to move outdoors, again. Due to recurring sink hole. Should be hearing from shyster today to find out if he going to take the case or if I'm on my own against Citizens Insurance Co.
Hope things are good/better by you...

Latest posts

Top Bottom