Growin & Smokin in Florida

• Thread starter Ghostwolf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Drifting13

Drifting13

Drifting13, the PD looks insane! I cant see the pic in the other FL thread, glad i checked this one out.

Soil or coco?
I'm just a poor dirt Farmer under a 400watt HPS, with some kick ass good friends. ;) :cool:

"PD lookin Good Drift your a patient man how many days is she? Drippin..my man."
60 days. Next run I may try 65 to 70 days. Just to see. :D

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments.

DonKnots

DonKnots

A Wifi-Alien veggin away

What causes the leaf krinkle? Is that genetic or something I'm doing? I dont think i have anything that does that in veg before.
IMG 0362

DonKnots

DonKnots

Im not sure what your thinking....but its about 4-4.5 sticks of overly potent budder :) Clarified butter slow roasted in crockpot for 8hrs then french pressed.

A 2" cookie puts you on the couch for about 4hrs till it lightens up some :) Be carefully or you may end up watching news 13 on a loop all day or so i have been told.

DonKnots

DonKnots

Whats a good scope to get? The one i have is super shitty, i have a hard time holding it still and focusing.

Initial inspection doesn't show anything but i could be missing due to shitty scope.

Its only 1 of my strains in that room has that look, bubba & mr nice doesnt.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
For this, I'd start with a powerful jeweler's loupe. I lost my 10x loupe again, but that's a digression. Some folks say you need 100x to see broad mites and their eggs, others say 60x. Do a search on here, check out the pix, etc.

DonKnots

DonKnots

Thanks sea...been on a mad hunt since last night.

My crappy carson is 60-100x, was using on 100x and i can see what looks like a trich or two on the underside. I dont see anything moving (i know they are hard to catch). The thing that looks like a trich is round and not oval nor does it have the pattern that i see in the online pics.

To be safe i ordered a new digi scope that hopefully will give better results. I'll post some pics from it once it arrives...~1 week.

Its only on that strain, all three phenos look pretty much the same. The one in the pic is clone about a week after transplant into that bubbler

B

boo

go to radio shack tonight and buy a cheap scope...sounds like what you have...60X is sufficient for broads...a days delay may be more that the plants can bear...don't wait until you can see 'em everywhere...it's all over then

DonKnots

DonKnots

Yea, im pretty sure its not mites (cross fingers). I have been going over it for the last two days and my other stuff and cant find anything. I finally figured out how to use the scope a little better so i can get a better look. If i set on something flat like my desk i can keep a steady hand and get a good view without shaking it around too much. I have it on the highest setting, 100x while viewing.

Its growing really good right now so i dont think anything has a hold of it or doing damage to it at all.

Nute levels may be high? Possibly, i never grew this before so im not sure of how it goes yet. It only got a 4micro/8bloom dosage so far. I know the ph did swinng a bit on me due to using the good ole FL tap. I just swapped solutions tonight and back to RO. I cant keep this tap steady around here without dumping a large amount of ph down everyday which i assume cant be good. I dont know what they buffer it with, but its some strong shit.

My veg room conditions are not the best at the moment, i dont really have any humidity in there or any circulation fans due to one failing. A replacement will be had tommorow. I need to figure out something for humidity but im at a loss. I have never really had humidity in this house except in a room full of plants, ie flower room. Never registers above 16% which is the lowest the hygrometer reads so its probably not even at that level.

One thing i noticed is it only happens on the side that is right under light. Its an OLD 250 mh that needs replaced (ordered for next week arrival). Im not sure if that could have something to do with it. That guy is sitting right under it and centered, the bigger ones are to the rear side of the light and only the front half does it.

I think my new scope should be here monday or tues, it ended up shipping out friday. Ended up picking up this guy:

I have found other pics of the same plant doing roughly the same thing at the mag so im hoping everything is ok. One person even mentions his "taco-ing" leaves. Ughh dont feel like fighting those things.

I lost an entire 2400watt crop a few years back due to a friend bringing over some white flies. Stringy shit on everything. I was disgusted, tried predators but they took over like the plague. I had been out of town for work for about 9 days and that was all it needed to get a firm grip.

DonKnots

DonKnots

oh....thanks for the support and suggestions guys! i'll keep ya updated.

I need to get her cloned up by next weekend for the next run so she better not shit on me!

Oh I gave my buddy a cam to snap some flower pics of the White Dawgs at his pad. He says 1 is already frosted at two weeks and smells sick! I cant wait to see them. I'll throw some up once it makes it back to me.

Strive

Strive

my ecsd does that same thing every run dk, after an initial bm check I've chalked it up to low rh and strong feeding. I started leaving my runoff sitting in its saucers to bring it up and seemed to ease the curl on the next round that went in. that being said, make damn sure it ain't mites bro

SuperSilverHaze

SuperSilverHaze

Don,

im far from the most knowledgeable grower so I didn't respond but I was thinking the cupping of the leaves was due to low RH and or excess transpiration and a RH ~16% is low.

aside of putting a cup/bowl of h2o in your veg area im not sure the best way to raise your RH.

peace

Strive

Strive

shit I missed the 16% rh, bro you need to raise that somehow. I don't wouldn't recommend it (yet here i am doing just that lol) cause it could promote mold & powdery mildew but if nothing else some wet towels on the floor until you can come up with a long term solution. got to get that environment dialed in before you can get the plants dialed bro

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I missed that super-low RH as well, but that kind of curling over is not something I've observed in relation to a low RH. That said, a towel soaked in water and hung up near a fan could be helpful, as are trays of pebbles.

DonKnots

DonKnots

I did a veg room clean last night and replaced my tarp. While doing that i had coincidently put everything in saucers so hopefully that will add a little.

Anybody else using a humdifier of some sort? Was looking at ultrasonic, regulars, and even a vicks vaporizer? This is a small 5x 6x8 closet, would be nice to find something that would at least hold water for a full day as i cant access the room for 12hrs at a time.

Top Bottom