Growing for the first time and here’s what I’m doing.

• Thread starter yukon1991
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

yukon1991

I purchased an AC Infinity tent kit with the 69 pro controller. To start I’m using Happy Frog soil. I will be using Ocean Forest when I move them to their final pots. For water right now I’m using distilled. I’m looking for an RO system that is less invasive. I live in an apartment building so something more portable would be nice. I need some help with my light setting for sure. For my air intake I stuffed a filter in a HVAC elbow. I was hoping it would help keep dander and whatever else down. I’m sure there is a better way. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Growing for the first time and heres what im doing 7
Growing for the first time and heres what im doing 6
Growing for the first time and heres what im doing
Growing for the first time and heres what im doing 2
Growing for the first time and heres what im doing 3
Growing for the first time and heres what im doing 4
Growing for the first time and heres what im doing 5

A

alpha.ganjaguy

If you have any solid colored party cups, put that your plant in it, roots don't like light. clear cups are great bcs you can watch root development but usually it's best to keep a solid colored cup over it so the roots are protected from light but if you want you can slide the clear cup out to check them.

edit* make sure you take them out of that cup when watering so you don't drown them or leave them sitting in their runoff but back in once runoff has stopped

Y

yukon1991

If you have any solid colored party cups, put that your plant in it, roots don't like light. clear cups are great bcs you can watch root development but usually it's best to keep a solid colored cup over it so the roots are protected from light but if you want you can slide the clear cup out to check them.
Thank you, I will pick some up tonight!

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Best of luck and I’ll be following along if you have any questions or need help let us know!

I used a KS3000 and seedlings are 18” away at 30% intensity.

Y

yukon1991

Best of luck and I’ll be following along if you have any questions or need help let us know!

I used a KS3000 and seedlings are 18” away at 30% intensity.
I’m sure I can find it and I will look after this, but do you know if the ac controller is programmed in percentage increments of ten? It has 10 settings. Probably a stupid question, but just in case.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
I’m sure I can find it and I will look after this, but do you know if the ac controller is programmed in percentage increments of ten? It has 10 settings. Probably a stupid question, but just in case.
Yes, so my driver on my light is cranked to 100%. Within the ACI controller, I set it to 3 which is 30%.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
sweet, I just lowered light height and increased light intensity. Have you found/know a good guideline light schedule? There is a lot o
My guideline based off my 300w light

Seedling - 18” away at 30%
Veg - 18” away at 50%
Pre-Flower - 18” away 60%
Flower week 1-4- 22” away increasing 10% each week until you reach 100%
Flower week 5-8 - 22” away at 100%
Flower week 9-10 - 22” away at 60% for ripening phase

Y

yukon1991

Day 5 update

My soil was drying out so I watered lightly with a small amount of calmag. (First water)

My temp, VPD and humidity have been super consistent so for.

my questions so far.
What is an optimal air intake set up?
What type of water do you use in your humidifier?
Is calmag every water fairly standard?
Is molasses something I should be adding in sometime?

IMG 7572
IMG 7573
IMG 7574
IMG 7575

B

Bdubs

You don’t need molasses. Use GH Diamond Nectar if you want sugars. I use it throughout my grow.

B

Bdubs

Flora Nectar sorry.

But you can use diamond nectar as well, it accelerates absorption of minerals.

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Carbon filter on your inline fan. Just blowing in the apartment would help. Upgrading the filters for the unit in thr apartment to a merv 3 or higher. As well as if you do have a smaller ac unit get a good filter. Clean air and smell free.

If you are watering and growing properly that 4 part is it. The only last thing you would need is a finisher. Something for week 4 and later in flower to just harden and fatten the nugs. I had good results with GH.

Y

yukon1991

I wanted to see what the roots were doing today. I noticed both plants made their way out the drainage holes. I’m thinking about moving them to their final pots tonight. Am I being a hyperactive new grower?
IMG 7581
IMG 7579
IMG 7578
IMG 7577
IMG 7582

B

Bdubs

I wanted to see what the roots were doing today. I noticed both plants made their way out the drainage holes. I’m thinking about moving them to their final pots tonight. Am I being a hyperactive new grower?
I would step them up but I wouldn’t go to full size right off the cup.

B

Bdubs

Just remember that you need to give them consistency and no adjustments or expectations for 3 days after a big stress. If you remember to do that after you make nutrient, prune, defoliates or transplant moves, your bud plant will stay happy. One thing at a time and let her adjust herself with that resting period.

Veg is resilient to stress.
It is in flower beyond 2-3 weeks when you veer on caution to make major adjustments as it should be time for her to focus bud production and stressors will halt/slow that process.

JohnBlazr

JohnBlazr

I wanted to see what the roots were doing today. I noticed both plants made their way out the drainage holes. I’m thinking about moving them to their final pots tonight. Am I being a hyperactive new grower? View attachment 2047110View attachment 2047111View attachment 2047112View attachment 2047113View attachment 2047114
I’ve seen a dude grow a whole plant in a 1/2 filled cup that size, I don’t think he’d recommend it tho. That being said, I’m sure you could leave it in there a bit longer.
@Captspaulding 😂

Top Bottom