Growing for the first time and here’s what I’m doing.

• Thread starter yukon1991
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

yukon1991

Here’s an update. I’ll be moving them to a larger pot today. My plant on the left has some odd marks on one of the leaves. I noticed it a couple of days ago and it looks like it’s going away.
IMG 7631
IMG 7630
IMG 7629
IMG 7619

C

Creepycreaturez

I’m a noob myself so I’m mentioning this in hopes to learn as well. With that being said, isn’t that humidity and temperature so high? Isn’t that just asking for mold issues ? Even for a seedling 🌱

memnoch

memnoch

Your light-years ahead of me in my first grow. I was probably a third of the way through it before I had any of the stuff you got. Same pots ac infinity control, fans, nutes. Great job man. Soil great setup great just great 👍 Those nutrients are decent as well.

Y

yukon1991

Your light-years ahead of me in my first grow. I was probably a third of the way through it before I had any of the stuff you got. Same pots ac infinity control, fans, nutes. Great job man. Soil great setup great just great 👍 Those nutrients are decent as well.
Thank you This community has been very helpful!

Y

yukon1991

A little update.

I was getting a white chalky residue on the power cords and plastics. I switched from filtered water to RO in my humidifier. Hopefully that’s the issue. I was going to wipe everything down this weekend.
Would a white vinegar and water solution be alright to clean with?

I set my light to 50% today. I was probably a little late on bumping it up.

I need to find a better way to position the probe. I was thinking about maybe using a wooden dowel.
So far I’ve only fed with nutrients twice. I’ve been following the “mild veg.” Protocol from General Hydroponics.
When mixing nutrients how long do you normally allow before adjusting ph?
IMG 7694
IMG 7696

IMG 7695

C

Creepycreaturez

A little update.

I was getting a white chalky residue on the power cords and plastics. I switched from filtered water to RO in my humidifier. Hopefully that’s the issue. I was going to wipe everything down this weekend.

I need to find a better way to position the probe. I was thinking about maybe using a wooden dowel.
So far I’ve only fed with nutrients twice. I’ve been following the “mild veg.” Protocol from General Hydroponics.
When mixing nutrients how long do you normally allow before adjusting ph? View attachment 2053735View attachment 2053736

View attachment 2053734
Dude your plants look so good! I also am wondering what the white residue is from cos I also have it building up on my fan as well as my power chords. Anybody got an idea?

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Dude your plants look so good! I also am wondering what the white residue is from cos I also have it building up on my fan as well as my power chords. Anybody got an idea?
If you’re using a humidifier you have to use RO water. Otherwise you will get that buildup. There are some humidifiers you don’t have to, but majority require it for a clean vapor mist

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
A little update.

When mixing nutrients how long do you normally allow before adjusting ph? View attachment 2053735View attachment 2053736

View attachment 2053734
Even mix of hydrogen peroxide and water should be good enough to clean. Just wipe down any of the white residue after you spray it down

Y

yukon1991

I just assumed it’s left over minerals in the vapor. So a water with lower ppm should leave less residue.

C

Creepycreaturez

I just assumed it’s left over minerals in the vapor. So a water with lower ppm should leave less residue.
If you’re using a humidifier you have to use RO water. Otherwise you will get that buildup. There are some humidifiers you don’t have to, but majority require it for a clean vapor mist
Ahhh I see… but I DO use RO water inside of my humidifier 🤔🤔
Maybe it’s not as good as I thought. My water PPM is under 200 though??

Y

yukon1991

Weekend update.

I topped the plants then watered with the Flora “medium veg” protocol. I went back and fourth in topping the first plant. Hopefully it rebounds well.
IMG 7725
IMG 7726
IMG 7727
IMG 7728

Y

yukon1991

Update.

My plant on the left is still not perking up toward the light like the one on the right. I have not watered since I topped them. I was thinking I’ll let the one on the left dry out a little longer between watering. Hopefully that helps.

The last couple of days the VPD has been a little higher than normal but I think I have that worked out.
IMG 7737
IMG 7739
IMG 7740

Y

yukon1991

Update.
The plant on the right looks really healthy. The plant on the left has a leaf that has damage. This one had a small amount of green algae before I transferred it. I don’t think I had enough soil in the solo cup preventing airflow. I was thinking of using hydrogen peroxide the next time I water. I’m wondering what dilution has worked for others.
IMG 7874
IMG 7873

B

Bdubs

I am hydro. Hydrogen peroxide will need to be used all the time or used in the flush$.
The problem with hydrogen peroxide is that it kills good and bad bacteria. I researched this heavy for my algae issue in hydro. I ended up using HydroGuard in every mix after a heavy hydrogen peroxide rockwool flush.
HyrdoGuard and other beneficial bacteria additives that feed off bad bacteria cannot be used until 48 hours of treating or using hydrogen peroxide.
That’s my suggestion. Flush and use hydrogen peroxide, then use a product such as hydroguard.

B

Bdubs

If you don’t manage algae you will have continual ph problems that need constant higher ph feed. It will cause ph to go lower as algae releases acid. Thai so also called the acid rain effect.

Top Bottom