Growing in 3rd World Conditions.

• Thread starter Zerberus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PahPahCee

I watched most of his videos, and i think LAB is the way forward for me... When should I start using using LAB and how do I use it?
Immediately and you can water it in and foliar feed it. I eye ball around 5ml per gallon of water.

Save the cheese it makes and feed it to your pets. My dog, cats, and chickens all love it.

rasterman

rasterman

Have you looked into this? https://borderoo.com/pages/does-amazon-ship-to-cuba-yes-heres-the-solution/

I don't know anything about Cuban customs enforcement and whether they'd come after you for LEDs, but thought I'd just throw it out there in case it's an option for you.

I can't believe you're 60 miles from Florida and can't get a grow light! It's so unfair...

I went to the international site link and found a light I've used to flower out a few plants that my granddaughter is now using: MARS HYDRO 2023 New TS600 100Watt LED Grow Light 2x2ft Coverage, New Diodes Layout Full Spectrum Grow Lamp for Hydroponic Indoor Seeding Veg and Bloom Greenhouse Growing Light Fixtures Four for 4x4' https://a.co/d/jaGFiEu
There are other lights too. Sorry if it's not an option just throwing it out there.

Zerberus

Zerberus

Little update guys it's been 6 days since i planted my two seedlings 🌱 🌱 i had to work out of the province for two days so i wasnt home, my girlfriend was tending to the plants but she opened a window next to where one of the plants was sleeping, when she checked on the seedling to put them under the light it was knocked over, towards the light coming from the window and was a little withered, i told her to put a support on it to help the seedling stand up, and today when I got home i saw this....

IMG 20230329 153758

Is there any hope for her yet? The Little round leaves that give her the nutes she needs are almost completely dead, and the leaves are starting to yellow from the tip. Since her stem was a little stretched i added about 1/4 of an inch of top soil with styrofoam to help with aeration and help her maintain her weight to lessen the stress.

IMG 20230329 153820

This is my other plant, she wasn't affected because she was awake under the light at the time my girlfriend opened the window.

Update... I have been giving them 4-6 hours of natural sunlight and then 14-12 hours of artificial 6500k light to keep them awake for 18 hours total.

I haven't given them anything to drink in the last 36 hours because the soil is still moist under the top layer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

P.S I'm making LAB but still in the 1st day of rice wash fermentation so i don't have anything to feed her yet.

@Cirroji @PahPahCee @rasterman

Zerberus

Zerberus

Seedlings are surprisingly resilient. I bet it pulls through.
I don't think it's going to pull through sadly, i think the stem might have gotten too damaged from getting pulled by sideways light while she was meant to be asleep.
IMG 20230330 104943

The other one is doing great tho, so that's good...

IMG 20230330 105001

Top soil 1/4 of an inch is dry from direct sunlight but the medium is still moist under so i won't be watering her yet.

One last thing, i have been doing some reading, learning more from the plants themselves and the process as a whole. These seeds came from weed i got in Havana, they where inside little buds, does that mean this seed came from a Hermie?

Do you guys have crappy seeds you don't want to plant? I would be willing to pay something reasonable for them, i cant buy good quality seeds right now, I'm already going broke buying all the indoor grow stuff from Amazon and having it shipped here. They don't have to be feminized or anything, i just want more seeds to have more plants, i don't care if they are male either, just want to learn and enjoy the process of having multiple plants.

P

PahPahCee

One can only guess about the bag seeds genetics. I would guess that the grower accidentally stressed out a plant and caused it to pollinate itself. So it could be from a herm. Don’t write it off though, a lot of great strains have similar origins.

Here is a seed website that I have heard great things about. They’re classic strains that won’t disappoint. It’s a dollar a seed.

Don’t think of LAB as a fertilizer. Think of it as your beneficials. You’re essentially inoculating your soil with some crazy strong bacteria. You won’t need any fertilizer for the first few weeks. You will have to up pot that plant eventually into a bigger container which will give it more food.

I can suggest cheap organic fertilizers on Amazon but I think it’s worth your time trying to source local inputs to save yourself from depending on Amazon. Only thing I would give the plants for the first month is kelp, aloe, and beneficials like LAB.

Xhale

Xhale

Here is a seed website that I have heard great things about. They’re classic strains that won’t disappoint. It’s a dollar a seed.

fantastic:) I grew up 60km north of Durban :) "Poisons" all the way!

Zerberus

Zerberus

April 3rd - Day # 11

As you know my girlfriend killed one of the plants "accidentally" or at least she says it was an accident 😒 my other plant is doing well i think, i just have one question i haven't seen the stem get stronger, it's just developing leaves, is that normal? Here's a picture of her now.

IMG 20230403 0956192

@Cirroji @rasterman @PahPahCee

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
April 3rd - Day # 11

As you know my girlfriend killed one of the plants "accidentally" or at least she says it was an accident 😒 my other plant is doing well i think, i just have one question i haven't seen the stem get stronger, it's just developing leaves, is that normal? Here's a picture of her now.

View attachment 1347359

It looks perfect, nice green and happy the stem will grow not to worry

P

PahPahCee

Looks as good as it can, Keep it up.

The stem will get more strength as it gets older. When I up-pot my plants into a larger container (in a few weeks probably) I tend to bury more of the stem to keep it low and stout. You will also strengthen the plant by introducing a gentle breeze to the plant. This will make it stronger.

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
April 3rd - Day # 11

View attachment 1347359

this hotdog is gonna get teary eyed - i am excited to see how this progresses now!

Zerberus

Zerberus

Day # 15

All is well and progressing slowly, it's been very windy these last few days so i haven't been able to put her in direct sunlight, but she's still getting her 18 hours under the light. How far am I from having to transplant her into a bigger pot ? Few weeks still?

IMG 20230407 122001

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Hope all is well where you're at ...

Can you post another picture showing the plant and the whole pot? From what I see, you still have some time but a better picture will get you a better answer.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

You've got some time. It looks to be about a 1 gallon pot. That plant can easily double in size. It's easiest to transplant when your plant has a pretty good root structure so it helps hold the soil together during the transplant ... You'll see the roots down the side of the soil. Another good sign its time to transplant is when you begin to see roots out the drainage holes. The trick is to time it right because if you wait too long the plant suffers.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
There looking great! I like the DIY soil amendment with the bark chips great idea! They look happy as hell so whatever you’re doing keep doing it! People find awesome genetics in bagseed never know what it can produce!

Zerberus

Zerberus

Hey guys just want to take a second to thank you all, i know I'm still in the seedling stage and it's only been 15 days since i planted my little unknown, and since i joined the THCFarmer community, but nonetheless i want to take this chance to thank you all for helping me, and teaching me so much, i means more to me than you can imagine, i have never been part of a forum before, so I'm extremely happy that this has been a bunch of firsts for me and i get to share it with you all and learn from you. So thank you, the knowledge and help you have provided me with means more than these words can ever encompass. 🙏🏻👏🏻

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Hey guys just want to take a second to thank you all, i know I'm still in the seedling stage and it's only been 15 days since i planted my little unknown, and since i joined the THCFarmer community, but nonetheless i want to take this chance to thank you all for helping me, and teaching me so much, i means more to me than you can imagine, i have never been part of a forum before, so I'm extremely happy that this has been a bunch of firsts for me and i get to share it with you all and learn from you. So thank you, the knowledge and help you have provided me with means more than these words can ever encompass. 🙏🏻👏🏻
All that in 15 ish days, so much info through the pages here

Zerberus

Zerberus

Day #23

The cotyledons are dying off now, plant looks happy but i still see the stem kinda flimsy, is this the normal plant height for a unknown photoperiod plant? Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong or if i can improve anything at this point... What should I expect once the cotyledons die off entirely?
IMG 20230415 151946

Top Bottom