Growing Trichomes [leaf Farming]

• Thread starter lukem5
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BioStimz

BioStimz

Also I will add I'm usually pretty open minded on lighting tech but when you talk like you have here and can't back up the claims ilI' not let it slide because it's bad info.
Please. Your full of it.

It's peer-reviewed evidence... and its factual. That's not up for debate. Your opinion doesn't matter.

bibbles

bibbles

I don't see you laying any knowledge but when you do tag me with those botany threads.
I literally just taught you that air movement affects transpiration, stop projecting your own failings onto others.

still nothing beats a very healthy plant under plain led with zero uv added.
Do you see jungleboyz adding uvb lamps in their ops?
They are running lights that produce UV spectrum, but they're not running LEDs, so... stop hitting yourself?

I'm done with this site, so go ahead and ban me lol

Stop being so sensitive.

ON TOPIC: Blueberry Pie might be a good place to start in terms of genetics if this is something people genuinely want to pursue; we dropped it for being too leafy, but the resin/terpene production was ridiculous. Ridiculous. I brought a bucket to my friend's place to hangout while I trimmed, and that's the only time shit's been too loud to trim without a filter in the same room. I'm not talking nervous paranoia, I'm talking "CLOSE THAT FUCKING SHIT!"

Extract yields were also head and shoulders above anything else we've done so far.

Last edited:
G gnome

G gnome

Lol a link to your own post of some copy/pasted study from 1986?
Do you even grow pot? You think since 2000 and all the legalized weed states they have done more accurate studies on the subject? Do you see jungleboyz adding uvb lamps in their ops? I mean they are cutting edge and definitely don't have a money issue,so if it made a noticeable difference you would think they would want the best?
32%higher the,so we would go from about 25 to 30%thc to 60% gtf out of here with this nonsense.:shifty:
To answer your last question,no we ain't good now.3 to 5% increase maybe on certain strains taken from high altitude,maybe lol.
In fairness, , if u started out w 25%thc and increased the thc percentage by 25% then it wud be 30% cuz its taken from the original sum of thc

sixstring

sixstring

In fairness, , if u started out w 25%thc and increased the thc percentage by 25% then it wud be 30% cuz its taken from the original sum of thc
Fair enough so where are we with increasing 30%thc by 30%? Don't answer,I still call bullshit.
@bibbles hps has such a small amount of uvb it's almost not worth the mention.you would get 5x more from a single 4ft t5 uv lamp.as far as led,they have started switching veg over,once Cali rec weed floods the market like Washington and they can't afford hid I would guess they will switch flower to led.now cmh has twice the uvb and a much better spectrum.still most commercial ops have 1000w de hps because it's all they know.check out the spectrum on the new hortilux 600w chps, I believe it's the best yet.but it needs tested by us,seems to lack the green spectrum right in the center of any popular par chart.

bibbles

bibbles

seems to lack the green spectrum right in the center of any popular par chart.
You mean the McCree curve? I'd like to see more about yellow light before I'm convinced that green light is the answer to deep tissue photosynthesis, but it would be nice on the eyes.

G gnome

G gnome

Fair enough so where are we with increasing 30%thc by 30%? Don't answer,I still call bullshit.
@bibbles hps has such a small amount of uvb it's almost not worth the mention.you would get 5x more from a single 4ft t5 uv lamp.as far as led,they have started switching veg over,once Cali rec weed floods the market like Washington and they can't afford hid I would guess they will switch flower to led.now cmh has twice the uvb and a much better spectrum.still most commercial ops have 1000w de hps because it's all they know.check out the spectrum on the new hortilux 600w chps, I believe it's the best yet.but it needs tested by us,seems to lack the green spectrum right in the center of any popular par chart.
....increasing 30% by 30% goes like this 30x.3=9.... 30%+9%=39%

sixstring

sixstring

600W CHPS spectralChart 400x247
System 600w chps

Spectrum and UVA, UVB, and UVC

Primary Uses or Exposures: Of the band within the optical radiation spectrum, broad-spectrum ultraviolet radiation (UVR) is the strongest and most damaging to living things. UVR is divided into wavelength ranges identified as UVA (315 to 400 nm), UVB (280 to 315 nm), and UVC (100 to 280 nm). Of the solar UV energy reaching the equator, 95% is UVA and 5% is UVB. No measurable UVC from solar radiation reaches the earth's surface, because the shortest UV wavelengths are completely absorbed by ozone, molecular oxygen, and water vapor in the upper atmosphere.

some charts of the most popular cmh lamps in 3100k and 4200k
Cmh spectral reading 3100k

Cmh spectral reading 4200k

so my question is why so little,or none is some cases,energy under 400nm where uv starts ?
these lights all perform well because of the wider,whiter spectrum.and because of the extra spectral power above 660nm.
your standard de 1000w hps,pretty raw spectrum lol
Par spectrum 1000w hps de 3 1

ok so lets see that high dollar sk led fixture with added royal blues against all the bigboys
Spec king

sk is clearly spanking the blues below 400nm compared to any hid light,yet not many people would argue its the best light on the market.theres like 8 tiny 5 w diodes in blue on the thing lol

sixstring

sixstring

Specific Effects of UVB Radiation on Plants
Last Updated on Mon, 12 Mar 2018 | Ultraviolet Radiation
Plants are highly sensitive to UV-B radiation because of their sessile nature. In plants, UV-B radiation damages cell membranes and all organelles within the cell, including the chloroplasts, mitochondria, and deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) within the nucleus. Damage to these cell organelles directly or indirectly affects basic plant metabolic processes, such as photosynthesis, respiration, growth, and reproduction. Consequently, UV-B damage harms crop yield and quality. An overview of various processes affected by UV-B radiation at cellular and plant levels is presented in Tables 14.1 and 14.2. However, the effect of UV-B radiation varies with intensity and duration of irradiation and stage of plant development. In addition, sensitivity to UV-B radiation varies widely among plant species and cultivars of the same species. Studies on physical or physiological reasons for differences in tolerance to UV-B radiation among species need further attention.

Table 14.1 Effects of exposure to UV-B radiation on various physiological processes in plants. Adapted with permission from Prasad et al. (2003b)

article here,pretty interesting and also updated a few weeks ago not decades ago
https://www.climate-policy-watcher....cific-effects-of-uvb-radiation-on-plants.html

i would recommend skin covering and eye protection if using any uv light in your garden

come at me bro :cool:

bibbles

bibbles

Red and blue light affect plant growth differently, which means the Spectrum King would be great for lower ceilings, but if the grower does not understand this difference he or she may be lead to believe that the lamp is less effective. This is ironic given how much people loved those topping PGRs, but it would seem to offer a harmless alternative, which is nice.

Pretty sure most people still talk about light in terms of lumens, and that's visible spectrum only, so... I mean, I know Ag exists, but we are not that.

If UV-B causes physical damage, physical damage triggers SAR, and SAR results in greater trichome development, then UV-B will result in greater trichome development; however, something like Bud Factor X would accomplish the same thing while avoiding the downsides of physical damage, so... it sounds like you're both right to me. :P

sixstring

sixstring

Red and blue light affect plant growth differently, which means the Spectrum King would be great for lower ceilings, but if the grower does not understand this difference he or she may be lead to believe that the lamp is less effective. This is ironic given how much people loved those topping PGRs, but it would seem to offer a harmless alternative, which is nice.

Pretty sure most people still talk about light in terms of lumens, and that's visible spectrum only, so... I mean, I know Ag exists, but we are not that.

If UV-B causes physical damage, physical damage triggers SAR, and SAR results in greater trichome development, then UV-B will result in greater trichome development; however, something like Bud Factor X would accomplish the same thing while avoiding the downsides of physical damage, so... it sounds like you're both right to me. :p

I said come at me bro !!!!!!
No I'm just playin , your probably right.and biogoof could be half right.but it just seems to me there is still a ton of speculation about uvb and it's use or benefits on weed and thc levels.all I'm saying is a good,broad spectrum light and super healthy plants will always produce more than then just harming the plant with some uvb and telling us your pot is stronger because you have uvb and some guy from the eighties said so lol.
I have paid for my own test,uvb makes me a worse grower as far as I can tell

Toaster79

Toaster79

UVB supposedly boosts THC-V production. As much info as I found was saying that trichome production is only to be up to 5% higher.

bibbles

bibbles

I'm more concerned with the timing, defoliation is a brilliant example of how common and effective harm for benefit can be, but... right at the end? I'll foliar up to a week before harvest, but UV-B sounds like an unnecessary risk to me.

I guess some people do a third defoliation two or three weeks prior to harvest, so... that's also something to consider; how does the amount of damage caused by UV-B compare? Hmmm.

Leew421

Leew421

I'm all about not adding lights that weren't designed into the main setup. I use the fixtures I added for more variables in red spectrum. I did not like using uv supplements as they didn't do me any favors. I'm not sure where I could add more trichs?

20180409 092331

Latest posts

Top Bottom