Growroom glasses: LUMii just as good as Method 7

• Thread starter symbiote420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Been reading a lot about the Method7's. I've always kept a pair of inexpensive polarized UV sunglasses near my room, the same kind I use when I'm out scuba diving. I can't see well through them, though, and they're also about $20. Will these LUMiis fit over Rx glasses? can't see without 'em.

symbiote420

symbiote420

Been reading a lot about the Method7's. I've always kept a pair of inexpensive polarized UV sunglasses near my room, the same kind I use when I'm out scuba diving. I can't see well through them, though, and they're also about $20. Will these LUMiis fit over Rx glasses? can't see without 'em.

Seems like there's plenty of room to fit over your sexy specs Sea ...LOL

budboy299

budboy299

Loving my Lumii's as well. Got 3 pair and will never enter an HPS room without them again. My eyes are getting bad and I now wonder how much of this was due to the many hours spent working in close proximity to HPS bulbs.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I'm liking the cheapness of lumii! To spend 150 for glasses and then justify it by wearing those said glasses in public would be the ultimate way to insure they don't end up in the grow room when I need them!! 20bucks and they hang on the wall, shit, buy 2 or 3 of em and have a $100 for toys leftover versus the Method 7.

Now I'm betting the method 7 are superior but honestly I know people who have used mh and hps indoors for 20-30 years and they see fine...Just don't look at the bulbs, duh and wear a hat...when I work for any length over 5-10 mins, I turn the lights off and work under flouros....

orbad

orbad

I dig my lumiis. I even got a deal on them for 15 from my local shop.

SkunkDoctor

SkunkDoctor

Anyone know where to get these for cheaper then $40 shipped. Amazon has them for $40 2 day shipping also since i pay for prime servce. I'd like to get 2 for me and a couple for some friends. My eyes were hurting earler today, Being dumb staring at the bulbs lol

The Method 7 are nice but for the price its a little much. They cant bethat hard to make. Just figure out the right spectrum glasses and make them. Surprised more company's haven't been doing this as much. Im sure its easy to figure out what spectrum len's you need.

Last edited:
justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

...sadly, they don't fit over my Rx glasse's so my Lumii's sit and collect dust, ...they'd be great for contacts but nothing with frames will fit under the Lumii's.

http://www.amazon.com/LUMii-35-005-090-Grow-Room-Glasses/dp/B007RGY2LI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395716470&sr=8-1&keywords=lumii glasses

41QMZj5BqL

peace, bozo

dorjewright

dorjewright

I used to blow glass and had didymium glasses for the sodium glare. My optometrist recommended the same for hps & mh. About 60$ at amazon.

tweedy

tweedy

I used to blow glass and had didymium glasses for the sodium glare. My optometrist recommended the same for hps & mh. About 60$ at amazon.
These work far better than lumi and actually cover the eye nearly completely where the lumi has gaps that defeat the purpose. Especially in a vert room.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I live in my Method 7's at the warehouses..have tried a few others and you can definately tell where the extra money is going....it's like the difference in $2 cheapo knockoffs from the flea market and real deal Rayban's imo....I think Method 7 are made at the same factory as Bolle sunglasses and they feel like a high end pair of specs

Desertboy

Desertboy

Without Lumii

DSC00278

With (took photo through lens on glasses)
DSC00280

They're not bad at all! Better than my polaroids BUT we must remember HPS/MH has almost no UV it's the brightness reduction and colour correction we are most after.

As always late to the show but they fit fine over my standard prescription glasses :)

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

method 7s all day - coming from someone who spends hours under lights, there's nothing more comfortable (i miss them when I take them off) and as mentioned earlier a lot of the other brands dont cover your full vision range. I've had my methods for 2 years now (I actually won them in a contest on here!) and they're still going strong.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I have a pair of hydrofarm grow room glasses they were around $25-28. They work great. Cover my whole face (I have a big head). And they have a spare lens that is normal sunglasses I can switch between. They work great, I can look right at the bulb with them on and comfortably see the mh arc traveling through the tube/bulb.

I think a set of grow room glasses is ideal.
Let's you do your work much more comfortably.

And if you are one of those using uv bulbs.
Some grow room glasses would be most ideal.

Top Bottom