GSC auto. Phosphorus deficiency? Help please.

• Thread starter Vexor1717
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vexor1717

Vexor1717

The brown on the lower leaves is not soil. Just started LST this one is 3 weeks and looking kinda funky compared to my others. Help please!

Gsc auto phosphorus deficiency help please
Gsc auto phosphorus deficiency help please 2
Moshmen

Moshmen

Watering/feeding schedule, nutes used, ph of water in and runoff ? Ppm would be nice as well . Are you using tap water? Or any calmag ?

Vexor1717

Vexor1717

Watering/feeding schedule, nutes used, ph of water in and runoff ? Ppm would be nice as well . Are you using tap water? Or any calmag ?

I water usually around every 3 days. No nutes. Im new in general and don't know alot about nutes or which to use. I ph the water to around 7 adding apple cider vinegar to lower ph from about 9. My runoff was around 6 last time and 170ppm on my tap water. Thanks. Hope this helps.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I water usually around every 3 days. No nutes. Im new in general and don't know alot about nutes or which to use. I ph the water to around 7 adding apple cider vinegar to lower ph from about 9. My runoff was around 6 last time and 170ppm on my tap water. Thanks. Hope this helps.
Mmm.... not sure why they are all twisted and curling, gonna bump this up and what an expert says could be a ph issue in my experience citrus didn’t work very well trying to control ph

Vexor1717

Vexor1717

Mmm.... not sure why they are all twisted and curling, gonna bump this up and what an expert says could be a ph issue in my experience citrus didn’t work very well trying to control ph
Ok. Thanks. I always PH my water so if it is that then I'm not sure what I did wrong. As long as the acid brings it to the right ph does it matter that its vinegar?

Vexor1717

Vexor1717

If it helps, here are my other 2. The chemdog auto (2 pics) has some spotting too but the leaves aren't shaped oddly and the OG Kush auto looks fine and is taking to the LST well.

20200831 152633
20200831 152639
20200831 152801
Moshmen

Moshmen

My experience with citrus acids just was not s positive one , they are not very stable . Eventually I caved and bought some ph up and down it is cheap and ya only use a few drops at time , I personally have had a much better gardening experience since I stopped trying to be organic

Vexor1717

Vexor1717

My experience with citrus acids just was not s positive one , they are not very stable . Eventually I caved and bought some ph up and down it is cheap and ya only use a few drops at time , I personally have had a much better gardening experience since I stopped trying to be organic
Ok, that makes sense. Im not going for organic just cheap and accessible at the moment lol. Thanks again

Moshmen

Moshmen

Ok, that makes sense. Im not going for organic just cheap and accessible at the moment lol. Thanks again
I bought this and been using them almost a year now and not even half gone - once you get in a groove you will know how much of what ur goin to use

95DDDDA2 71F3 495F 9429 A9D989502EA6
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I've used what you have in a pinch. Anyhow, I got tired of buying ph adjusters, so I bought 6lb of potassum hydroxide. That will be enough for a lifetime, if I don't need it for getting rid of drain clogs or dissolving a body. LOL I use it for pH up.

For acids I use phosphoric acid, but I stopped doing pH changes to "plain" waterings, it's reverse osmosis filtered, and ppm content is below 20ppm, it doesn't really matter IMO, in fact, pH balancing , I think it's somewhat counterproductive TBH in this specific instance. I only balance nutrient applications, not unadulterated water. Aqua got me to doing that, and it's worked out well.

But, If I'm going to use "anything" I use something the plant can actually readily use, Potassium and phosphorus, both fit in that category.

Back to the first question that was asked, do you filter the water? Whats your ppm?
Even letting the water settle in a bucket for 24 hours is going to make a big difference if your using a hard water source. Pure water is HUGE, so you need to get as close to that as possible, within your constraints.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I bought this and been using them almost a year now and not even half gone - once you get in a groove you will know how much of what ur goin to use
Mr. Mosh if I may make a recommendation for when your pH Down runs out, save the bottle and for $8 buy this..
Screenshot 20190813 205253 Chrome

Not only will it equal many bottles of the commercial product, in my opinion it's superior to the commercial product as well, have a great day!

Vexor1717

Vexor1717

So I think what happened is that I was initially overwatering and flushed the nutes from the soil perhaps since my ph has always been gauged. Shes looking a bit better after 2 days of Bloom booster.

20200902 120936
Top Bottom