GSC from DHN.....Round 2!

• Thread starter Mexguy316
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mexguy316

Mexguy316

Hello Everyone!

After having been an observer I feel obligated to contribute by posting a diary that documents each step of the way. After going to countless threads I found that there wasn't a thread that was consistent and filled with pictures, and since I could always use outside input here I go! I happened to come across these from Harborside, more specifically they're Dark Heart Nursery. In addition, I also happened to get ahold of a high CBD-Strain, AC-DC, which I'm told isn't even available in So Cal. In any case, the first tier of pictures were right after I transplanted them. The second tier is only a couple of days after, I'm hella anxious so I couldn't wait to take pictures haha, in any case, if any questions,comments, complaint or advice welcomed thanks for looking :D

GSC - Week 1
Gsc from dhnround 2 2
Gsc from dhnround 2 3

Just a couple of days later
Gsc from dhnround 2 4
Gsc from dhnround 2 5
Gsc from dhnround 2 6

Gsc from dhnround 2
Mexguy316

Mexguy316

Thanks Mr! Yea, my last set up totally got raped with PM so I'm doing everything I can from not making that same mistakes again! Do you have any experience with GSC?

MrStonerMan

MrStonerMan

Yeah I got hit with PM on some of my girls in veg last run. I don't have any experience with her but a few farmers here are growing her as well and they do a fantastic job with her. Can't wait to see what you do with her

Mexguy316

Mexguy316

I know me too! Fortunately I had the PM in a different place so with all the measures I've gone through I feel I won't be seeing it back *knocks on wood* constant 40-50% humidity, and this time I have a fan blowing air in and en exhaust fan out, last time I just couldn't afford another fan so i had to improvise. What strains got hit with that PM?

MrStonerMan

MrStonerMan

I had a white fire, sour d, and a mother of the white. I think what got me was poor air circulation

Mexguy316

Mexguy316

@Mr I've only had white fire once, and it was FIIIIRRREEE!! You got any other going now? I know for a fact that's why I got PM so I made sure this time I had a 6' vortex blowing in and a 8' max fan blowing out, i wish i'd gotten another vortex the max fan's HELLA loud!

@Evoke, thanks bro.......took me a good while to do it right, had couple of mishaps on my first time so I'm always trying to learn, you have any experience with GSC? I'm just wondering if they're real or animal or whatever!

slausongardens

slausongardens

looks like the platinum cookies. i got one going myself. cant wait to see what comes off it. hopefully like the forum cut with a bigger yield.

mines super slow. are yours going really slow too? i just cant get it to take off like my other cuts that have doubled it and been transplanted into new pots.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
looks like the platinum cookies. i got one going myself. cant wait to see what comes off it. hopefully like the forum cut with a bigger yield.

mines super slow. are yours going really slow too? i just cant get it to take off like my other cuts that have doubled it and been transplanted into new pots.
I'm pretty sure the yield on the DHN is less than the Forum cut, it looks like the least yielder of them all and is a clusterfuck of 3 pronged leaves and doesn't veg or grow nearly as good as the Forum cut...

Mexguy316

Mexguy316

@slausongardens, yea for some reason they do seem to grow hella slow....but patience is key i guess lol, did u get urs from haborside as well?

@baba G, did u work with the DHN clone? Do you have the forum cuts?

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I'm only growing both cuts for the first time and my DHN cut was smaller than Forum plant that went into flower but the structure on both is distinctly different and the DHN has imo not the kind of structure I like in a plant where as the forum cut has more my style of plant that I prefer and seems to be flowering with more vigor and is no doubt a different plant.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
DHN grows slower than forum cut ime so far too

The upside, DHN clones in a window in a cup of water in no time and stays dark green, lol
And, if you end up liking the nugs than it's bomb! I saw nugs of the DHN cut finished and they seemed decent, kinda purpled up and had that animal cracker like odor but the forum seems to have more vigor and def grows different so it leads me to think the DHN is a S1 of the forum or indeed a hybrid of something cookies with who knows what...but fwiw the DHN clusterfucks itself with leaves in the interior of the plant much like many purple varieties where the forum seems more OGish, atleast in my limited experience with both so far.

oldirtybastard

oldirtybastard

Isn't the forum cut an S1 also? Seen some pics of the OGKB and DHN side by side, few weeks in flower... Look VERY similar if not the same... Trying out the DHN now along side the forum.. Next up, OGKB cut!!...

Down for the show.... ~ODB~

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Nice! Whichever one makes you happy is what it's all about, there are def differences though among some of them. Anything that popular torques out the variety though ala OG Kush and it's 17,000 cut only specimens down in L.A. lol :D

P

paulycali

DHN has the Platinum Cookies. The only cookies they have in there stable. Not sure if its the real deal or not. Might test out a cut from them. Theres a local collective that has access to them

Mexguy316

Mexguy316

Hello Everybody!

It's been a crazy couple of weeks, with the holidays i haven't had a chance to update, luckily now that all the chaos is gone I have some new shots and some questions that maybe I can get some advice from you guys!

GSC - Week 3

They seem pretty nice, I don't know if I have the "Original" but after reading countless threads and that one that's 133 pages in, I think I have a good gsc, my only worry is that from all the other gsc clones ive seen these seem a bit smaller, is it because they grow exponentially when bloomin or something? My other concern is Powdery Mildew, it killed my last crop at a completely different locations, but today i couldn't help notice these marks and I'm confused as to wether it its PM or if im just being paranoid, any advice is much appreciated it.

The focus on my camera isn't that good but im sure you can see that white residue. In any case, lastly i have one that looks like its being deprived of something because all of them look fairly good, but this one is like the ugly duckling or something any ideas?

Thanks for stopping by any advice, criticism, sarcasm, watever is fully welcomed thanks!!

N

nightmarecreature

Just to let you know, mycobutanil kills PM dead! Spectracide immunox is available at homedepot and lowes very cheap. It's the same ingredient in Eagle 20, it's just a more diluted version.

Pm is caused by lack of fresh air. It is also spread by infected clones and foliage or plants that are infected outside can bring in the spores. People think pm is caused by high humidity. It's not! Pm thrives in hot, dry conditions better than wet and cold. 10% non fat milk will get you through flower but must be applied to every inch every 5 day.

S

smoketrees

that pic just looks like some sort of residual like as if you had been foliar feeding. I wouldnt worry about it, you could even probably wipe it off with some water.
The DHN GSC cut is very slow vegging, and has very little stretch after flip. So i would veg those as big as you could.
When your saying week 3 you mean week 3 of veg right?

Top Bottom