Lumatek ats300w pro 16h/8h
Medium : Soil (6.52ph)
Day temp : 25*C
Night temp : 20*C
Water temp : 18*C
Tap water pH : 7.9
Humidity : 55-60%

Feeding

I’m using Green House Feeding mineral set with Hydro as a 4th component.

For pH adjustment I have PH- grow and bloom from Canna.

I haven’t fed them for 20 days since they broke the surface and 2 days ago I gave them their first feeding consisting only of Grow and off brand amino acids based on algae.
And I pH-ed the water for the first time from 7.9 to 7.0 with that feeding I gave half the dose of what says on their website
The soil ph was 6.52 at that time. And they were perfectly fine. The ph down is Nitric acid 5%.
Next day new leaves started to curl downwards and only the top of the growth is affected.
The plants stopped growing at the rate they were before and I noticed some of them didn’t drink the water I gave them.

Things haven’t gotten worse or better and the soil is starting to dry up . Tomorrow they will be ready to water.

On two of them I noticed before feeding them some dark spots that haven’t spread on one or two leaves each in the middle of a leaf.

culprit?
What would you do tomorrow?
Guess the cause northern light auto 22 days old

Guess the cause northern light auto 22 days old 2
Guess the cause northern light auto 22 days old 3
Guess the cause northern light auto 22 days old 4
X

Xakmo

Can anyone answer this.
Im totally new to forums so I dont know if i did it right.
I seen a recent sticky thread askibg for this info so here it is
Are you growing from seed or clones?
Seed
2. How old are your plants?
23 days since breaking surface
3. How tall are your plants?
15-25cm
4. What size containers are they planted in?
15L plastic pots
5. What is your soil mix?
Soil mix is offbrand but ive already used it without problems 0.9 kg npk 250L 6.5pH
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
first day water , second fertilizer , third+ pause. Tap water
7. What is the pH of your water?
7.9 pH
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
Green House feeding mineral set
Grow , Booster PK+ , Calcium , Hybrid. According to the spreadsheet from website
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
No
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
LeD lumatek atis 300w pro
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
50cm

12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
1x1 metric
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
20-25*C day , 18-21*C night
14. What is the pH of the soil?
6.52 measured with adwa AD11 ph meter two days ago.
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
Not at all.
16. How much experience do you have growing?
Only a few grows and all completed with ok results (dried too fast)

Today I have to do something since soil is drying up and they will become thirsty.
I used ph- series grow 5% nitric acid from canna for the first time with that feeding. The clawing hasnt gotten worse and they seem to be continue to grow but slowed.
What do I need to do ,
Im open to any suggestion since I have no idea what im facing
Anyone?

Trixie

Trixie

When a plant gets fertilizer salts and water on different days in small containers the plant can claw from the swings. If you lower your amount of fertilizer to 1/3 the amount and use it with every watering the plant will have a more stable consistent growing environment. Don't flush your plant with plain water because it will set you back. Just use a very low ppm amount of fertilizer water to lower the EC in the container by allowing runoff or discharge out the bottom to lower the EC. Your plant will be alright and should be easy to fix. Good luck.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Shiny leaves and leaf hooking are signs of too much N. Also, Canna Grow and Bloom are nutrients, aren't they? They don't sound like pH adjusters.

I've never heard of using nitric acid as a pH down. Not that it can't be used, but it seems like it would carry a bit of a nitrogen punch with it. Given the look of these leaves, I'd find another pH down, or quit using it, depending on your soil pH.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Can anyone answer this.
Im totally new to forums so I dont know if i did it right.
I seen a recent sticky thread askibg for this info so here it is
Are you growing from seed or clones?
Seed
2. How old are your plants?
23 days since breaking surface
3. How tall are your plants?
15-25cm
4. What size containers are they planted in?
15L plastic pots
5. What is your soil mix?
Soil mix is offbrand but ive already used it without problems 0.9 kg npk 250L 6.5pH
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
first day water , second fertilizer , third+ pause. Tap water
7. What is the pH of your water?
7.9 pH
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
Green House feeding mineral set
Grow , Booster PK+ , Calcium , Hybrid. According to the spreadsheet from website
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
No
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
LeD lumatek atis 300w pro
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
50cm

12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
1x1 metric
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
20-25*C day , 18-21*C night
14. What is the pH of the soil?
6.52 measured with adwa AD11 ph meter two days ago.
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
Not at all.
16. How much experience do you have growing?
Only a few grows and all completed with ok results (dried too fast)

Today I have to do something since soil is drying up and they will become thirsty.
I used ph- series grow 5% nitric acid from canna for the first time with that feeding. The clawing hasnt gotten worse and they seem to be continue to grow but slowed.
What do I need to do ,
Im open to any suggestion since I have no idea what im facing
Anyone?
Hey welcome to the Farm, Dark and waxy leaves = over fed.....Just a note I've plants 1 month old today & they got fed yesterday & that was their second feed. I gave them a light feed of 2/2/2 ml / gal last week.......they don't need a lot of food initially the soil I use (Promix) usually has enough nutes in it to keep them going for the first 3 weeks.....water feed water feed ect

X

Xakmo

take pictures looking down from above, get all the plant in picture..
857C09C7 5E65 44DC A814 BD08BE303BEB

Small ones are affected most , dark leaves , white hairs forming. Some have burnt tips and most are clawing in the young growth.
All in few 2 days :/. I hope it’s fixable it’s definetly pH Grow that has nitrogen in acid form I didn’t know about. Too much nitrogen and not enough calcium I suppose. They are not drinking well I might water today or tommorow. Do I give them calcium with that water , do I flush , do I increase air temperature? How much water do I give them. What’s the most reliable way to save them. I can’t pH down with anything else now and I’m definitely not giving them no more of that nitrogen ph down for sure.

594204DC 48B9 42E3 8152 0B98573C8D34
F1FFF014 1370 4AA0 B3E7 06DCF76898B6
99821D08 8C55 473A 9E6D A7316FA41323
8F385763 A195 4F3E BBFE 1CE02C94DBE9
02E5A883 DF83 4783 B440 17DF06152B53
E1339B0B DD2E 478B BB0E F8E6C62B5185
8B39BDE7 BBA6 4698 95D9 03FE92AC08AD
X

Xakmo

Hey welcome to the Farm, Dark and waxy leaves = over fed.....Just a note I've plants 1 month old today & they got fed yesterday & that was their second feed. I gave them a light feed of 2/2/2 ml / gal last week.......they don't need a lot of food initially the soil I use (Promix) usually has enough nutes in it to keep them going for the first 3 weeks.....water feed water feed ect
I figured that out now , I’m going to go with feeling from now on and look for signs of what the plant is telling me , be it water or nutrients I can notice that from experience. I just want some quality smoke and seeing this just breaks my heart. Less is more with nutrients and this ph down just wrecked perfectly healthy plants. Now how do I fix them I believe they can be cured I just don’t know how. Sorry for bad English it’s not my mother language.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You have a lot of good info… on top of nutrients, watering times and amounts are usually a challenge for new growers.

this may help you understand the mechanics to help you sort that out faster.

X

Xakmo

yep i’d say your issue is from your watering frequency
Im not watering often enough right ? The soil got too dry and roots got problems ? .
I should water on schedule. I watered to much at 3rd week 500ml and then 200ml the next day. Then i figured its too much and I let it sit and drink for the last few days but now the soil slowly drying up and the claw is not getting worse. Yet they slowed down their growth drastically. Do i just keep watering normaly. 300ml water at 7.9 pH and then as soon as it drink it all 300ml again until she recovers. Is that a good idea?
If you can me a solid estimate on how to procede with resolving this that’d be great. Thanks for answering and helping out If it werent for you guys answering I would lose patience and mess something up.
I also have calcium I should give her some ,right ? its seperate from the grow nutrients.
Until I get proper ph of water is 7.9 and pH of soil was 6.52 last time I checked.
Is it okay to water them with pH water 7.9 or will that further complicate things?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Im not watering often enough right ? The soil got too dry and roots got problems ? .
I should water on schedule. I watered to much at 3rd week 500ml and then 200ml the next day. Then i figured its too much and I let it sit and drink for the last few dazs but now the soil slowly drying up and the claw is not getting worse. Yet they slowed down their growth drastically. Do i just keep watering normaly. 300ml water 7.9 pH and then as soon as it drink it all 300ml again until she recovers. Is that a good idea?
If you can me a solid estimate on how to procede with resolving this that’d be great. Thanks for answering and helping out If it werent for you guys answering I would lose patience and mess something up.
mmmm your kinda confusing to understand but it’s ok..
let’s start with what size pots are the plants are in?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Water until you see runoff (you want to moisten ALL of the soil)…then let it dry back until the pot is light.
Overwatering is water to often not too much.

Under watering (not watering with enough to saturate the media or drying to much) will cause nutrient concentration to increase drastically until you see toxicity’s like you see now. When the pots feel noticeably lighter then water. That means its started taking up the water from the saturation zone.

If you worry about overwatering then tilt the pot on a 45 degree angle for a minute after watering. This will lower the water table and the amount of water the media will hold causing it to dry back faster but need watering more often

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
They are in 15L pots.( 3.3 gal. approximately )
Hey in 3 gallon pots I use 1 gallon of liquid for their needs and its the perfect amount...It satisfies their moisture needs and provides enough run off to help rid salts....
You'll need just a touch over 3 gal maybe 1 1/4 gal per feed...let dry 3-4 days @ 78f until dry then water with 1 1/4 gal ph'd water then feed, water,feed,water on cycle until the end....with properly ph'd liquids

Last edited:
X

Xakmo

ya 3 gallon pot will need 3/4-1 gallon of water to fully saturate.. than wait till it’s dry and pot is light in weight, could be anywhere from 3-6 days..
Brother 5 liters 1.1 gallons of 7.9 for each ? Is that okay to do That seems like flushing to me the most I gave my plant at once was 1.5 liter then again next day 1.5 liter and pause one day then repeat and they were tall and huge.
Is this my recipe to fix this ?
Is it a green light :D

Habosabin

Habosabin

All the soil in your 3 gallon must be saturated. Water slowly until saturated and starting to run off. Then do not water until that pot is very light and repeat. They are saying it will take a gallon of liquid to do this in a 3 gallon container of soil.

Top Bottom