H+G Coco plus extras

• Thread starter BootsnCats
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BootsnCats

Im new to the forum, House and Garden, and Coco, I was using Roots Organics before but just switched to 50/50 coco perlite, so far I'm loving it. So I was wondering if this lineup has any overlaps or other problems. I have already bought everything but hammerhead, Bud Candy, Top Booster and Bud XL. I'm gonna switch to 12/12 soon so any help would be awesome.

HG Cocos A+B
Multi Zen
Amino treatment
Algen Extract
Magic green
Drip clean
Root Excel
Humboldt nutes myco madness (had from before, using instead of great white)
MOAB
AN Hammerhead
Top Booster
Bud XL
Botanicare Calmag+
Bud Candy?

I also have silica blast that i use to raise the PH, but i just got the amino treatment and i know that there is some silica in there. Can i still use it to raise the PH a bit or should i just skip it? Also would there be any point in adding Bud Candy or another Sweetener?

Thanks in advance, I have found so much useful info here already.

B

BootsnCats

I also forgot i have some bushmaster left over. And one question is a PPM meter really needed when using RO and following the H+G calculator with DTW?

SweetTooth

SweetTooth

thats allot of stuff... All you NEED is 500ppm of base and everything else is extra.

S

SofaKingHigh

thats allot of stuff... All you NEED is 500ppm of base and everything else is extra.

+1

It just seems like too much. Think of all the money you'll save over the next 5 years if you could get the same, if not better results without half or two-thirds of what's listed. Believe me it's possible.

Most important for your ladies is the environment in which they'll spend their lives. Day and night measurements of both temperature and humidity, high and low. You may need A/C, heat, humidifier and dehumidifier to achieve perfection year round.

Once you have the perfect room a side-by-side test with base nutrient, a bloom booster and enzyme product versus the complex grocery list you have listed will let you and your wallet know what's really up.

That's just my opinion on the matter. Not trying to rip on previous advice you may have been given when buying those products or what to expect.

Peace

B

BootsnCats

I didn't think it was that much. It's basically the h & g line, with moab and hammerhead instead of the shooting powder, I got a lot of moab for really cheap and I've heard good things about the two together, but if I can get the same results without the hammerhead, that'd be sweet. I was on the edge with the bud candy, so I'll skip it. My room is dialed in and climate controlled, and I have co2. Where I live there is no need for ac. I don't have room for any more lights so I just wanted to get the most I can out of my space. I mostly just wanted to know if anyones done the moab hammerhead combo with the h & g. Thanks for the help.

C

Capt.PH

sounds like a sick nutrient lockout to me...way too much stuff!!
i run 5ml of cal mag ,a must in coco
lucas formula with 1ml of roots per gal
adding only soul synthetics big swell for flower then flush for 12 days.
yeilding close to 1lb per plant in 10 gal pots
relax, everything you need is in the micro and the bloom i run them at 6ml and 9 mls at a ph of 5.8
also run the coco croutons ,with the coco, adds a ton of oxygen to your mix and makes the coco better for leeching salts. trial and error my friend !

JPLord01

JPLord01

Run 6/9 for the win PH at 5.8 and you will be happy and add 1gm of epsom salt per gl.Mix salt with hot water then into rez.

T

th3b12ain

I run a similar line of nutes

This is what I run and I can truly say it works, I have been farming for about 2years now and I have been out yielding fellow farmers of mine by 1 to 1.5 lbs per 1k lighting same setup same stains.... I am a true beloved old h&g nuts!

HG Cocos A+B
Multi Zen
Drip clean Root Excel
Shooting powder
Great white
Top Booster
Bud XL
Cag mag
Big buds

T

th3b12ain

No lie off of a 2k sealed room with co2 with 26 plants = 5 lbs

xrob415x

xrob415x

Hey bro I woudnt say you are running too many things as long as they are used at right ratios at the right time. All you are adding ontop of the Regular H&G line is the Mycos ( which was even recommended to me by a house and garden rep) The CAMG which is very helpful when using RO (Especially for the trace elements IE IRON) Hammerhead and the Bud Candy. The rep told me that a Carb Load ex molasses ect isnt neccecary with H&G but would not hurt anything. My only suggestion would possibly be to cut the top booster if you use the hammerhead. They are both a pk boost. I was told that all the top boost is is pk no hormones or anything. You may also have to play with the Bud XL levels also, try starting at around 50%-60%. I have also never found a need for the Magic Green my girls stay very green with this brand. Im a H&G user and am also doin the HH/ Moab combo this run!!!!!!! hope everything turns out.

B

BootsnCats

Thanks Rob. I too found that the magic green isnt really needed, Ive used it twice now and have massive fan leaves though. I looked on the back of top booster and the NPK is 0-.7-.6 and hammerhead is something like 0-4-10? there has to be more than just PK in it right? or at the very least hammerhead is more cost effective? Oh well I already bought it and i might as well keep it simple this time. next go around ill switch to hammerhead and do a table of top booster to compare to. Hope the HH/MOAB works for you.

T

tomsawyer

All H&G NPK numbers and 10x what the bottle says
You shouldn't need CalMg with H&G Cocos. It has extra coco
The rest looks good and will work awesome for you.

ogtealover420

ogtealover420

Tooo much stuff I think. I think less can be more to a point. I mean bud candy? Just use table sugar and mollasses. I think I would use just one bloom booster unless you alternate them and go light.

Top Bottom