H2O2 use in waterings? is this stuff ok?

• Thread starter jordisgarden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jordisgarden

hey guys and gals. ive grown in the past but as far as im concerned those were all practice runs for this grow. every time ive learned something new and each time it gets better in the end.
each time i go to the hydro the guy gives me something for free to try that he thinks will raise the quality.
this time he gave me a bottle of h2o2. he told me to spray the rockwool cubes im cloning in every other watering to bring more oxygen to the root area.
if i water my flowering plants with this stuff will it be beneficial in that it gets more o2 to the roots? and thats a good thing right?
the plants are all on day 35 of flower and 2 are on day 46
thanks guys. also any adivise on things i can do at day 46 till harvest to help em out..id love to hear your thoughts

H2o2 use in waterings is this stuff ok
H2o2 use in waterings is this stuff ok 2
Keith2
H2o2 use in waterings is this stuff ok 4
H2o2 use in waterings is this stuff ok 5
H2o2 use in waterings is this stuff ok 6
L

lovelightpower

i use h2o2 every watering.

i use this in soil, coco and especially hydro.

1/2 a ml per litre in soil i use, but not sure of the top of me head what the percentage of mine is.

good stuff though keeps the root zone nice and clean.

J

jordisgarden

so this stuff will actually clean up the crap down there? also while providing o2 to the roots. so nothing bad can come from using this stuff i guess. more o2 is awsome right?

M

MASSES 420KING

wont using that in your dirt or soiless mix kill the micro-beasties ive heard of using hydrogen peroxide on plants with powdery mildew but not in root zone

X

Xceptional

it will kill your beneficial bacteria. works good to keep hydro systems clean that's what i've used it for. also supposed to be good for popping seeds but I've never tried it.

whatever you do keep that shit off your skin it will burn and turn your skin pure white. in your eyes and you're Ray Charles. ..

M

MedicalINFO

I use it to solve problems for hydro, slime, algea, gunk, root rot ect.

Any MPB people reading this: I'm thinking of running h202 in the weekly flush for a few hours just as a preventative?

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
h2o2

stuff works great as a plant antiseptic. it also will spring stubborn seeds to germinate. h2o2 is simply water h2o with an additional oxygen atom. when used the h2o2 releases the extra oxygen which kills your bad shit and the extra 0xygen is good for your roots. h2o2= h2o +o

mal

M

mcattak

No need..Unless your having issues with your roots...

I think your stuff looks great and there are other things that will increase yield .. Not h202..

If you do use it dont use to much...

mc

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

H2O2 won't sterilize a nutrient solution super well, contrary to many people's thoughts. H2O2 oxidizes best at really low pH's, ranges our nutrient solutions will never get in.

I can help provide some O2 to the rootzone, but ...

I use it for cleanup and sterilization.

M

mrdizzle

H2O2 won't sterilize a nutrient solution super well, contrary to many people's thoughts. H2O2 oxidizes best at really low pH's, ranges our nutrient solutions will never get in.

I can help provide some O2 to the rootzone, but ...

I use it for cleanup and sterilization.

respectfully disagree, completely. it will sterilize your system super well. I sterilze my system with H202 29%, tap water with a ph of 8+, the water in the bucket turns almost white from all the oxidation happening, if I was to dip my hand in the water it would be bleached. H202 will oxidize as soon as it comes in contact with free radicals, period, regardless of ph.

D

Dubwobble

Hey mrdizzle - do you use the 29% H202 pure or do you dilute it at all?

Thank you.

M

mrdizzle

29% a 3ml per gallong, but when I clean out the whole system I pretty much dump a gallon of 29% in 140gals and let it run for about 10hrs

M

mrdizzle

I dont really see a benefit from adding it to soil thou, it wont really bring "air" to your roots, it attacks organic compounds with the extra unstable oxygen molecule

X

Xceptional

i spilled some 35% food grade on my hand that shit was nasty. it was just a few drops but my hand was burning and my skin turned bright white.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

1.5-2ml of 29% per gallon seems to work well in a hydroponic nutrient mix. It will pretty much destroy a soil culture, no reason to use it in dirt. Nice white super healthy roots. I use it every grow with great results. It keeps funk out of your res and root system. It will speed up the cloning process as well (mixed at the same ratio mentioned above). Definitely good for sterilization, leaves no residue unlike bleach.

M

MedicalINFO

Dizzle,

Do you use it during flower in the MPB's or just at the end of the cycle before your next round?

M

mrdizzle

Im pretty much using it to clean, every once in a while I add some to the res, my last grow I didnt add it at all, and didnt change my res after wk 4

D

Dubwobble

1.5-2ml of 29% per gallon seems to work well in a hydroponic nutrient mix.... ....It will speed up the cloning process as well (mixed at the same ratio mentioned above).

I'm gonna try this the next tray I cut!
:character0103:

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

respectfully disagree, completely. it will sterilize your system super well. I sterilze my system with H202 29%, tap water with a ph of 8+, the water in the bucket turns almost white from all the oxidation happening, if I was to dip my hand in the water it would be bleached. H202 will oxidize as soon as it comes in contact with free radicals, period, regardless of ph.

Yes, we will have to disagree about what pH H2O2 oxidizes best at. And what is the best way to sterilize a nutrient solution. And what it means to sterilize a nutrient solution super well.

I am going to tell you right now that if you have a serious, real deal root issue immediately threatening your crop, H2O2 probably isn't going to save you and not what I suggest anyone use. I am forgetting a trip to the Walgreens and I am getting stuff like Pythium. Something like that - a human engineered product who's sole purpose is to kill shit.

I know that H2O2 oxidizes on contact. That is why I stated I use it for sterilization and cleanup. Works like a champ for that.

I was talking about the pH range at which it oxidizes the most vigorously and effectively to sterilize a res.

That's science bro, not my opinion. Yes, H202 will oxidize stuff in a soution with a pH of 9.5 ...

... but it won't do it nearly as effectively, super well unless the pH is alot lower.

Its like a pH of 1.0 where it oxidizes best in a nutrient solution. I don't know about you, but that is 500 times less than what I run my tubs at.

I never called it worthless, either as a sterilizer or provider of O2 to your res. I just said it did not perform the task super well.

'Cause it don't. Not at the pH ranges we run. It still oxidizes, but not like it does at a pH around 1.0. You could probably show me a thread or two where someone had some success solving a problem with H2O2, but keep in mind I can show you plenty where H2O2 did not do the trick and other things that actually did the job better, like say Pythium for root rot.

You probably won't be able to find threads stating the converse - something like Pythium failed and then h2o2 was tried and solved the issue though.

There are better solutions to both sterilizing and oxygenating your res. Methods and products that do it super well. I also get bigger, fluffier, whiter roots using other products, in addition to better sterilization and aeriation. I think Dutch Masters Zone kicks the shit out of H2O2 for the white healthy root thing.

Chloramide kills shit too. And it doesn't evaporate out of your res (I think).

Ya'll free to use it and shit and its fine to disagree with me, respectfully or not, but I personally am convinced that there are better, more effective alternatives that do the job better for use in a nutrient solution.

Top Bottom