pH - 6.0
ec - 1.43

IMG 20170809 204114
IMG 20170809 204135
IMG 20170809 204209
IMG 20170809 204103

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

cobs have been known to shave a few days to a week off flower times for some people and strains.i dont see it in my garden,maybe it has to do with feeding and whatnot idk.

I think the last time I chopped at the end of 9 weeks and then again at the 10.5 weeks.

I'm trying to figure out what I want to do on my next run and when I should start the clones.

clones usually take about 10 days, then 4 to 5 weeks of vegging. if my current run just finished up 5 weeks, maybe I should start the clones next week. That would give a total of 12 weeks of bloom on my current run.

I don't think I'm going to continue with the White Widow, the plant was rather small compared to the AI and BB. My son wants to buy some Barney's farm Critical Kush seeds and I was thinking of some SexBud seeds for my wife };-) ... I don't know, there's two million strains now to choose from...

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

the buds are getting so heavy that they are starting to bend over so I spent $11 for a 36" x 60" bungy cord cargo net and stretched it across the whole tent. The holes are 7" x 7". after setting the net, my hands were SOOOO sticky, lol

IMG 20170811 204509
IMG 20170811 204526

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

so I'm thinking forward and decided on a couple of things:

Before the next bloom cycle:
I've noticed that the plants farthest away from the res are the smallest and having the deficiency issues, I'm thinking that the water/nutrient flow is less. I think I'm going to add a "Y" fitting before the first bucket and run a feed directly to the other end of the current feed and see if that helps. Basically feeding both ends of the main feed line where all the buckets tap off from.

Before Next summer:
I'm having a tough time keeping the water temps down this summer. My water temps are running around 71 to 75 depending on the outside temps. The system sits in a large basement that stays fairly cool during the summer months but not cool enough for my taste. I was thinking of added an 1/10 hp chiller just to get the temps under 70. In the winter I have just the opposite problem where I need to warm the water to 65. The basement is unheated and unairconditioned.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

cobs have been known to shave a few days to a week off flower times for some people and strains.i dont see it in my garden,maybe it has to do with feeding and whatnot idk.
I've seen this in my grows. Plants finishing about 10% faster under the cob lighting than with HID lighting.

@h4ppyf4rmer your grow is looking great. Top notch.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

I've seen this in my grows. Plants finishing about 10% faster under the cob lighting than with HID lighting.

@h4ppyf4rmer your grow is looking great. Top notch.
Thanks, I appreciate that...

so next Wednesday will be the start of my 7th week of bloom, I'm thinking I may start my clones now for my next cycle... takes about 10 days to get solid roots on my clones, 4 or 5 weeks of veg in the veg tent, then into the bloom tent.

so say a total of 6 weeks from starting clones to plopping them in the bloom tent, I'm thinking the current bloom will all be chopped by the time I'm ready to throw the new batch into the bloom tent in 6 weeks.... what do you think?

sixstring

sixstring

Thanks, I appreciate that...

so next Wednesday will be the start of my 7th week of bloom, I'm thinking I may start my clones now for my next cycle... takes about 10 days to get solid roots on my clones, 4 or 5 weeks of veg in the veg tent, then into the bloom tent.

so say a total of 6 weeks from starting clones to plopping them in the bloom tent, I'm thinking the current bloom will all be chopped by the time I'm ready to throw the new batch into the bloom tent in 6 weeks.... what do you think?
yes get them clones goin now.what are you getting clones from,you have mother plants ?

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

yes get them clones goin now.what are you getting clones from,you have mother plants ?

yes, I have mothers for Aurora, blueberry, and white widow ... I've kind of neglected my white widow mother, I may just try to find a couple of WW clones and scrap the mother.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

needed to take a break, was in the front yard repairing my brick walkway (burrowing chipmonk damage) and helping my daughter with her flower garden circle... it's all in direct sun, was seriously melting out there };-)

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

ok, took 4 blueberry , 2 white widow, and 2 Aurora clones tonight from my moms.

time to start run 3, should I start a new grow diary?

IMG 20170814 203908
IMG 20170814 204204
1816 House

1816 House

Hey h4ppyf4rmer, can you take a close up photo of the 240vac timer and plug you are using?
I'm doing some planning for another light a few months down the road, and am looking at a 240v 30 amp locking plug or regular plug and timer.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

Hey h4ppyf4rmer, can you take a close up photo of the 240vac timer and plug you are using?
I'm doing some planning for another light a few months down the road, and am looking at a 240v 30 amp locking plug or regular plug and timer.

sure, but I probably won't be able to get to it until tomorrow.

the timer I have it from amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00977J2T2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

the 220 outlet and plugs are nothing special, just a 15A 240v receptacle and cord plug from home depot

1816 House

1816 House

Thanks for doing the legwork. No rush, I'm going to see if I can salvage the damaged COB first, and make a h4ppySix micro 1-COB light.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

so quick update: I'm having some bud rot issues that I think has to do with air circulation. One bud had a "quarter" size area that was brown, so I removed that bud branch, removed the rotted area, and dried the rest of that branch.
two days later, I found 4 more buds with the beginning of more bud rot(white fuzzy areas) so I did the same as the first bud.

All this is happening to just one strain (Aurora Indica) which are located farthest from the fan. I adjusted the fans to blow over and around the tops of the plants to see if this will help. As of last night, there were no more signs of mold even when spreading the buds and inspecting close to the stems.

The exhaust fan is a bit undersized for this ten and making a loud racket so I ordered a new Vortex VTX600 6" 497 CFM fan which should be enough.

I'm also thinking that the reason I'm having deficiency issues with the plants farthest away from the reservoir is that I have all 6 buckets on one 1/2" main line. I think I'm going to reconfigure the feed line by using a "T" at the reservoir and running only 3 buckets on each side of the 'T". Maybe I'll put out a post to see if there are any fluid dynamics majors out there };-) ... I'm a software guy, I can't solve this one with software };-)

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

ok, well, had some issues with a couple of buds, on the Aurora Indicas, sooo, chopped, rough trimmed, hung to dry... it was an early chop unfortunately, two plants completely filled a 2x2 drying tent...
also did a complete res change tonight.

Top Bottom