Had to Let Cops into My house today, Info/help please!!

• Thread starter dgp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dgp

So I'm at work, and get a call from DT. XXXXXX saying that they received an anonymous tip that i was growing marijuana. He asked if I was and said yes. He said that he could smell it at the door. I had to go home and close my business to go show him my docs so he could take photos and he also took a clipping so that he could verify that it was MJ. Some of my paperwork was missing some stuff and I offered to have it faxed to them anywhere within 20 seconds. He called his Srg and then left. Do you think they will be back or is this common? Will they leave me alone now or will this be every three months? Anyone have any exp, esp in CO with matters like these?
The problem is that I have a son who lives here. He lives in the main house and I live in the basement which is seperated by a lockable door. I only had sixteen clones/seedlings all under 4 inches. Do you think that that can be considered neglect? Isn't that WAY less dangerous than my perscriptions/alcohol and cleaning products. It wasn't even close to useable form. Anyone know of any precedents or any Helpful info? I am expecting a visit from them anyday.

..........ALSO, don't know if there is a troll here or what but just a heads up. Keep up the good and Legal fight. Any help would really be appreciated. I have already moved the set-up and cleaned the house. I am in Colorado.

D

Dubsta

I believe if you are under your limit and your grow isnt anything huge you will be fine. I was recently busted and they didn't want to arrest me but they had to call there sargent and he said arrest me cause i didn't have my full caretaker paperwork on me. They had to leave my house and get a search warrent that day, If i was u and u do have more plants then your allowed to throw them away or get them out of your house incase they do get a warrent and come back, I'm sure u will be fine. I let them in cause i thought i was legal since i only had 30mature plants witch is my limit, but i had like 50+ clones that werent even rooted and 1/2dead they counted every one and are trying to fuck me my mj lawyer i got says it will get dismissed cause being a wa med patient i can grow 15 plants but im a caregiver to and it doesnt say anywhere how many plants a caregiver can grow to hit the 24oz mark. all my mature plants were only about a foot tall also.. such bull shit, u got lucky, u should of handed them your paperwork shut the door and not let them in. I did the same thing thinking i was legal and got fucked.. my lawyer told me if i would of handed them my paperwork and shut the door theres nothing they could of done. I just hope i get my equipment back, i was 4 weeks away to switching to a system almost exactly like DoubleD's and i would of be WAY under my limit, gettin 1-3pound plants :*( now equipment wise im behind a good 1/2 a year before i can try again right.. sucks so much, lost all 3,000 of my seeds and all my clones. Luckily i gave some away to friends but not one buddy has helped me out yet.. hopefully soon i get a few back! i want my RM Sour Diesel and RM Purps back so bad! plus a bunch of others.. :*( Cant believe i lost all those seeds. over 3,000

A

Angus

16 clones or seedlings that he could smell through the door? no way. find out who narced. so if you are caregiver for two other patients you are covered.Did your patients send in a photo I.D of you along with the caregiving paperwork? I think that went into effect a couple months ago and now some city counsels are saying you cannot be a provider in certain towns, like greeley for one and possibly quite a few more. had you made any large purchases at hydro stores recently? way to grow in ft collins was being wathched a little while back when we had dozens of busts.

figure out who narced and stay careful.

D

Donk Frog

It must suck to be american, you here about the odd bust here and there durring the outdoor season over here, but our penalties are less and people tend to mind their own beewax.
hope things work out for you

A

Angus

Word travels fast around the schoolyard if any of your sons friends saw the grow.
and I'm not fond at all of caregivers having to supply your drivers liscence to the department of health. you can't have a po box on a colorado drivers license so they got a hotel address on mine. I'm not a genius but did stay in a holiday inn last night:smiley_joint:.
I'm also a paranoid bastard, I had the US marshalls put schackles on my legs and put me in a concrete cage for a very small personal grow.
That was when I was in a non med state. and one more thing are you visiting dispensiaries where they copy your cards and have 14 different release forms for you to fill out. obviously I wont patronize those outfits. I'm of the mindset anymore that if you get caught it was your own fuckup, you control everything so don't give them anything. STAY SAFE

sky high

sky high

I'm legal and had a visit 2 years ago. (yes, kids have big mouths)

They haven't been back.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I know people up here with kids and their neibor calls the cops on him once a month at least, weel he owns despensary and as numbers on top of numbers to cover his grow so it is all good...CPS comes does an air quality test every couple of months because he has small children in the house but that is about it..

An anonomous call by itself is not supposed to be enoungh to do anythiing but that initiates the knock and chat by the cops and then they are in your business.

Tex

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Yeah I smell a rat........doesn't matter much anyway, I highly doubt that they will be coming back. Right now all they want is the other green, money, so long as that stuff is not at the caregiving site than all should be good. Never, never, let an authority figure in your home without a warrant, never say anything and then a lawyer can defend you. 80 percent of all busts could be beaten had the person under arrest/suspicion just simply shut up.......... Essentially you are your own worst enemy, so be careful.

R

RMCG

16 cuttings in the basement and he 'smelled' it?

Damn. HE must be part canine...

Funny he knows the 'smell' of a vegatative plant from 50+ feet away, down in a basement, but had to take a cutting to 'verify' it was in fact MJ.

Let us know how this turns out.

Q

Qman

Yeah someone ratted you out (usually a friend)

How in the hell could he claim to 'smell' plants in veg from all the way in a basement? bullshit. Take a clipping to make sure it was really MJ? does coke grow in the stealth form of a MJ plant now?

I would have told him to bring a warrant back then clean up while he was gone. I would never, ever voluntarily let LEO into my home. Never. Untrustworthy fucks...

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

Monkeybone has got the right idea, he hit the nail on the fucking head hard!!! drove that bitch on one swing. I watched a video called "never get busted" and it has lots of great tips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z9ftq4yODQ&feature=player_embedded#
Here is a link to just one part of the video you can probably find all the clips online somewhere or just buy the dvd.. If you internet savy you can download it through just about any torrent. If your really desperate I might be able to upload the copy I have somewhere.

D

dgp

I was at work and my roomate who lives with us opened the door. So since he didn't have my paperwork to show them they called me and of course said that they could smell it which is an outright lie. He then proceeded to let them in so by the time I got there, They had already been inside. I showed paperwork, which is all up to date and I am COMPLETELY covered now. They called sarge, he said get a clipping and let him go. They didn't even leave a card or a number for me to fax the rest of my licenses. They told the UNI officer to leave right after I showed them my card.

I most definetly have a narc. Could be a random trash man who got lucky and saw a baggie or something but I don't have waste on seedlings, not even a little. Neighbors...no smell. I did put some posts on CL which could have led them to me, not sure. Ex-wife...someone I have a history with...or just one of my close friends is a narc. Or I'm wondering if it was another Caretaker who I had issues with. My mind is running rampant but it doesn't matter. I moved it, doubled up on cards, and wasn't issued any citation. I will always be way legal due to the fact that I am a felon from a previous grow(friends that narc should be......you know). I really don't see any reason to involve my Lawyer at this point, am I wrong? Yeah...so confused but optimistic,

He said he could have just executed a warrant instantly due to smell, is this true? I hadn't even smoked that morning before I left?

I won't let this get me down. Learn from my mistakes, stay away from CL posts and no matter how legal you are, cops don't care. Although in their defense, they were stern, but polite.

R

Rolln J

a warrant needs to be signed by a judge and you should fire your room mate - lol

sounds like you are in the clear, but your now on radar so be cool and do what your legally allowed to do - hope thats the end of it for you brother!

D

dgp

Monkeybone has got the right idea, he hit the nail on the fucking head hard!!! drove that bitch on one swing. I watched a video called "never get busted" and it has lots of great tips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z9ftq4yODQ&feature=player_embedded#
Here is a link to just one part of the video you can probably find all the clips online somewhere or just buy the dvd.. If you internet savy you can download it through just about any torrent. If your really desperate I might be able to upload the copy I have somewhere.

thanks everyone. I really appreciate it. And yes..savvy. Haven't paid for music since the 90's...PIRATEBAY is the best although I heard it got sold. I will check out the vid. I'll keep you all posted.

But just to be sure, no one has ever heard of the extreme of taking a child due to legal vegging seedlings, correct???

M

muxee

I had a break in early monday morning and I waited to call the police about it until today since I'm a medical patient. I found out who broke in. Pleh! Stupid kids looking for weed :sign0065: I called the kids mom and let her know what was happening and let her know that I was going to call the police but I gave her 24 hr notice so she would have time to get her stuff taken care of. When the officer came to the door I invited her in and told her straight off that I was a med patient and that I had paperwork if she wanted to see it. She barely glanced at it and said that she was more concerned with the break in. She never asked to look at my grow and pretty much couldn't have cared less about it. She was helpful and polite and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. :handshake I hope more people have good visits from LEO. I'm glad it worked out the way it did. Except for the break in of course :no

R

Rolln J

good to hear muxee, except the breakin part! hope they didnt get much or ruin your crop!

sky high

sky high

Muxee.... my visit was much the same. "Kids"....stole bud from my greenhouse (attached to my house).....then got popped for hydrocodone pills @ school...and in the process someone in the mix mentioned rippiing me off...and that was all the cops needed to make a visit. One of em was on the phone to a judge when they knocked.... and after I showed em my paperwork he told the person on the other end of the phone he "wouldn't need the warrant".

As the cop said when everything was laid out and the tone CHANGED TO RESPECT...they had NO IDEA what they were walking into. I gotta respect that to an extent...and I was respectful in return....and while some say NEVER let em in...I was only a few plants over count....and like your experience...I let em in because I had notheing to hide and sure as fuck wasn't gonna be a dick when they were being WAYYY cool about the entire matter. Like you,they never asked to see anyhting beyond the greenhouse where the plants were taken from/never asked if those were ALL the plants I had going/etc. My house is a "normal" looking place...no drug paraphenalia about...no plants in plain sight...etc. and I knew they had no right to look around without a warrant.

Now I'm in the computer @ the county as a legal patient/grower. they said iif they get any calls of 'smells"/etc they will ignore em. LOL.

I've tested this theory a few thoudsand times on the back deck..... smoking out the downwind neighbors who HAVE TO smell it..... LOL.

good luck all. If they come and you aren't speeding...you have RIGHTS.... STAND TALL ON THOSE RIGHTS.

be safe, be well...

s h

Latest posts

Top Bottom