Hail Hydro 2.0: New Beginnings

• Thread starter PhatNuggz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chemistry

chemistry

When I grew in totes I had the two long air stones that sat long ways on in the tote, I had no problems with root rot.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Very nice plants!

Where I live, outdoors in not an option. In most places chemtrails are intense, so one should have a greenhouse

No chiller as I run 2-3 different rezes at any one time. I compensate by rotating blue ice paks, but typically@ 74*s, which is OK, but...

I had a situation early on where I added NPK Micros at their recommended dose, but they dropped pH like a rock. As all the other NPK products held pH steady at 6.0, I did not check until the next day, which was ~ 6 floods @ 4.9 pH

chemistry

chemistry

Do your nuits have a buffer? The last nuits I used were Canna, you set your PH and then add the nuits and they stay at what you PH'd at, I set my water at 5.8 and then put the nuits in, if I did it the other way, my PH would be hard to set and drift like a life raft, just wondering if your nuits might be the same.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

The title specifically is about MY hydro evolution. any posts should be about it specifically

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Back to what this thread is about...

Fortunately, 2 of my girls are ready to harvest. Pics 1 & 2, she was taken out today, the other one (pic 3) needs ~ 5 more days, but the hurricane will likely knock out electricity. Pic 4-5 (PYT) needs ~ 2 more weeks. Will have to put her in the sun and hand water

IMG 3982
IMG 3985
IMG 3986
IMG 3987
IMG 3988
sixstring

sixstring

@PhatNuggz you have your thread back.in the future please show some growers love to members in need of help or guidance.or not lol,its your thread and your choice to have thread traffic or not.peace

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

@PhatNuggz you have your thread back.in the future please show some growers love to members in need of help or guidance.or not lol,its your thread and your choice to have thread traffic or not.peace

clearly, I had plenty of traffic prior to this incident

As to giving love, I do look in to other threads when people ask questions properly- in their own thread, or on one that offers help

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Hurricane knocked out my electric for 5 days, so I harvested the plant under the P3 (with the cube support). I had no choice but to move PYT outside and hand feed her. She's now under the P3, and although shaken, she seems ok.

I sampled the pygmy plant. WOW. I took a sample (IN A GLASS JAR) to a friend at work, she is a bartender . She did not open it! A patron said she smelled cannabis. I played dumb. Alas only 19gms dry

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Dry weight of trimmed second plant 61.5gms

Here's a late flower tip (lower pH) I was unaware of

Temperature day/night: 75/64 degrees Fahrenheit
Humidity: 50%
pH level: 5.5
TDS/EC: 0 to 500/0 to 1.0
Lower the EC significantly so you can rid your plants of all the nutrients. Give them only water at the pH level of 5.5 until harvest time. This will help your marijuana taste better once you harvest it. Make sure there is no rot and that there are no pests, as those will be the ultimate destroyer of your plants.

Wait until the little hairs are at 80% brown before you harvest your plants. Your personal taste is going to be what determines the exact time when you harvest your marijuana plants, however. More about harvesting in my article “When to harvest marijuana plants”

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Back on line after IRMA

PTY is now dumping hormones like crazy, which is typical during this stage of flower. It shows up as a huge jump in pH (5.5 becomes 7.0 overnite!)

If you do not pay close attention, nutes will lock out, and your harvest will suffer

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I am adjusting pH twice a day as by mid day it's already 6+

Last edited:
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Update

PYT is rounding the corner now. Daily seeing more trichomes. Maybe 3 more weeks

I have to add water daily to keep PPM around 600

Here's a few pics

Pistils are light and fluffy

IMG 3993
IMG 3992
IMG 3995

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Made up fresh nutes for both PYT and 2 plants under my T5 LEDs

ppm ~ 700

I will probably move the 2 under the T5s to the Amare 250. These 2 have been mostly unloved, but have survived in spite f my lack of attention

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I added Humic Acid today (1/4 tsp/G) total ppm ~730

Roughly 27" with ~ 3 weeks to go

also 2 highly neglected plants under T5 LEDs, just beginning to show pistils
IMG 3997
IMG 3998
IMG 3996

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

both tents are doing quite well

The sat under the P3 is packing on calyxes and lots of sugar/trichs

pics 3 and 4 are the 2 top ranches/colas
IMG 3999
IMG 4000
IMG 4001
IMG 4002

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Yesterday, I moved the big plant from the t5 LED tent to under the Amare SE 250. She is full of wispy branches, so I surrounded her with a Cube to support them once the buds gain weight

PYTs pistils are rapidly darkening. I cut EC below 1.5 and will begin diluting daily to slowly drop it to ~ 1 EC as well as lowering pH to ~ 5.5, minimizing certain nutrient uptake

IMG 4003
IMG 4004
IMG 4005
IMG 4006

Last edited:
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

FYI, if you buy pumps that feed from the bottom, the rubber feet collapse easily, in effect limiting/cutting off the inflow, which effectively minimizes oxygenating the nutes. simple solution is to place it on something that has a bunch of small holes

PYT is nearing the end. I diluted the nutes to ~ 1 EC this morning, and will dilute daily as a meanings of flushing.

In cse you are unaware, having some nutes in solution does a superior job of flushing than plain water

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I turned PYTs light off yesterday

Took a couple pics of her and the newer plant which is now into 3rd week showing pistils

IMG 4007
IMG 4008
IMG 4010
IMG 4011

Top Bottom