Hail Hydro 2.0: New Beginnings

• Thread starter PhatNuggz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Hello.
I hope it's the lighting or the coco but your roots look brown. Not the health white I like to see. I like your ingenuity but without a chiller rdwc is hard.

Roots are fine. NPK RAW Grow nutes turn the water brown, thus staining the roots. This is a simple 4 stone bubble system. Below the black tray are 2 more holes into which I swap out frozen bottles of ice

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

totaly agree.if n u.s. get hydrogaurd.will whiten them up overnight.....literaly

Brown roots don't bother me as long as they are healthy. These girls went through a bit of a rough patch, but are now bouncing back quite nicely. The new roots are white, but will eventually turn brown. It seems once I add probiotics (Emerald Harvest Root Wizard) which attach to the roots, they turn brown

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Idh any pics at the moment but a great way to stake babies/seedlings w/netcups is chopsticks.and there free at chinese restaurants.no need to do anything besides shove them n the slits on side of cup.they stand straight up

Not sure what you're referring to. Main stems are very strong. The pic of the plant that sent you here was just the top. I had to bend it down as I was out of head room. Here's what I use once they move to the main f & d tents (if needed). It's for making an indoor tent on a rainy day for children to play Discovery, purchased at Bed Bath and Beyond

IMG 3925
IMG 3922
IMG 3921

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

Roots are fine. NPK RAW Grow nutes turn the water brown, thus staining the roots. This is a simple 4 stone bubble system. Below the black tray are 2 more holes into which I swap out frozen bottles of ice

when I use GH flora Micro (which is all the time) which is brown, it causes the water to turn a tea color which in turn makes the roots a tan color. I also don't use a chiller in my RDWC system, I just use hydroguard and I seem to be ok so far.

fatawa

fatawa

the biggest problems being over/under watering and how to support the long man stem in the early stages

Not being a fan of Rapid Rooter Started Cubes (the seed holes are too wide making it hard for root hairs to anchor= death)

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Wow I am in disbelief that the 2 plants under the P3 were budding so fast, then this morning I checked TDS: it was only 225! Just made fresh nutes (~ 625) to add to the existing nutes. Could NPK be that potent?

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I cut back the feeding schedule on both tents from one/hour to one/two and a half hours. Im thinking the 2 plants getting Emerald Harvest nutes could not process that much food 24/7, which might have something to do with the tip burn on the older girls

I've been scratching my head over the speedy bud development at such a low NPK TDS. (~ 250), when I would normally be around 600 at this stage

I had been checking TDS with my Oakton 35, but since the pH portion died, I thought maybe the TDS side was no longer accurate. Turns out it was reading double the amount my new TDS meter reads. Meaning my Emerald Harvest nutes that I thought were < 1000 tds was only 450ish. another indication that plants perform quite well on a lot less nutes than the directions suggest. Nutrients going twice as far will save me a good bit of money per year

I went to NPKs Feeding Chart, which measures in tsps: Bloom 1.5 tsp/gallon, multiplying by the 3 gallons I need to adequately feed the 2 totes= 4.5 tsps/3 gallons. Future nute mixing will be a lot easier now

I scrolled down the chart for hydro (BINGO). Bloom nutes is measured in GRAMS, a measured tsp = 2gms. I had been doubling it to somewhere around 325 tds

I typically run Emerald Harvest 800-950 (or so I thought). The buds on those 2 plants are really phat, and since yesterday, the lower buds are beginning to frost. Anyway, I'll go by NPKs feed chart and see what happens, plus keep the EH nutes around the same. Those 2 only have a couple weeks left and it's time to start reducing their TDS

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Trying to up the TDS for the young budding plants, I drained 2 gallons of nutes and added one gallon fresh @ 700+ TDS. It's still below 400. I may do this again in week or so

2 days ago I took a couple clones from the tall gal under the P3. They are occupying a center spot in the veg tent bubble system. Looking good, no shock or wilt

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Late yesterday I noticed the larger plant in the veg tent was drooping, so I took it out and flushed the roots over night

This morning the others were showing bad signs (lower yellow leafs), so I dumped the nutes, cleaned the tote and air stones, made fresh nutes...

I want to get rid of the air stones. I have some low pressure aero manifolds coming my way. I will put them inside the tote on a timer and eliminate the air pump/stones

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Received both NPK RAW grow and bloom Microbes. Added 1 TBS to both the EH and NPK rezes. I will also add the grow micros to the vegging plants

Also, earlier today I cut off the section that had the mold. there was no airflow. Listening to NPK Industries Nutrient tutorial, Harley says Aminos will prevent mold from penetrating into the plants. Yet another worthwhile product to up my game

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

CAUTION: RAW Microbes caused my 3 rezes pH to plummet from ~ 6.0 to 4.5!

Had I not checked it this morning it could have been catastrophic to my plants.

Why they don't emphasize this is most disconcerting

Also, 2 of the 4 plants in the veg tent are males. Bye bye boys

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Micros Update: I emailed this to NPK

Directions for Solution are 1/2- 1 tsp/G

I added 1 tsp/4 gallons to be on the safe side

pH prior to adding checked daily very stable 6.0

24 hours later pH plummeted to 4.5!

My veg plants were in dwc, roots in nutrients 24/7

Blooming plants fed every 3 hours

Either of these would be catastrophic if pH not checked immediately

24 hours later, still stable after adding a lot of pH UP

The packaging/ product pages needs to point this out

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Crap, just spotted coconuts on my 3rd plant, the fullest one spindly one left. I'll fim her top. That leaves one from seeds and 2 clones

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

First Defol was on 7/10. Second defol due ~ 8/3, but thanks to the micros plummeting the pH for 24+ hours, most of those leaves are already dieing (turning/turned yellow)

Im still adjusting with Up

Probably take pics tomorrow to show the hit

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

As I mentioned, I used > half strength bloom micros to my NPK bloom nutes; Yucca>Silica>Bloom> Humic

pH rock steady 6.0 throughout grow and bloom, up until I added the micros

Stupidly, I did not check pH until the next day (3-4 feedings), which was 4.5pH

I immediately adjusted up to 6.0, but the damage done did not show much until yesterday

See pictures

Had I not caught this in time, the whole crop might have failed

IMG 3941
IMG 3942

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

My friend just got back from CO, where even the dispensary stuff is strong, was unable to buy seeds :(

Between the low yielding sats under the Amare P3 (and 2 clones I probably took too late) I'm going to start Diesel/Diesel. I am gong to check the seds to see if any have a round shape at the bottom: round are supposed to indicate females, and since my last 2 attempts produced 3/4 males, it's worth a shot

This grow, once the seedlings have some roots I will be using a 4 head low pressure manifold/heads with a 264 gph low pressure pump to wet them 15/15. I thought that would be way too long for the 'on' time, but one grower showed me his roots at 15/15 and they looked fine

fatawa

fatawa

Nuggz what ppm r u at on ones flippd?ph dropping is flower is common.yur probably a hair high for that strain.n veg wen yur high it will rise,n flower wen high will drop.

Top Bottom