HALP! CMH lights- what is going on?

• Thread starter Thetinman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thetinman

Thetinman

O crap!!! One of the prior pics last night is NOT from last night but this morning. It's hard to tell via camera...

Thetinman

Thetinman

Its presently 22on 2 off. Had to do something earlier, anything to give some comfort. It did help.
Have to decide to stay up all night or have lights burn during day, for flowering.
Here it's better if they miss the hot afternoons....

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Its presently 22on 2 off. Had to do something earlier, anything to give some comfort. It did help.
Have to decide to stay up all night or have lights burn during day, for flowering.
Here it's better if they miss the hot afternoons....
I’m in California as well.. keep it simple. Over mothering your plants causes a lot of stress to the plants actually. I run my veg 17/7. It’s what has always worked for me. Let em grow and they will reward you. Happy grows.

Thetinman

Thetinman

Ok,
Take a look at whole thread. It's all (I believe) in bad reflection from what I have on all walls here. That reflection is now covered with black plastic. So at this point, I have just now hung a few white pieces of paper on walls, out of sheer desperation, what Aqua Man suggested. Just white paper..

Damn, getting greener!

Will hang some more paper in reflecting areas. Have to do something because lower branches are still suffering just a bit.

Will send pics in a few hours to see effect, if any. But it does look a whole lot betta!

T

Thetinman

Thetinman

Yeah idk I'll prob have to just test myself. No doubt a reflective surface will increase light. No idea where the sensor location is on that.

Think I'll just watch from the sideline as I'm not quite sure what the issue is and it makes no sense to me why reflecting light is bad and how it only pertains to cmh. To much light is to much light. Reflection helps keep even light spread along the sides also
Dude! Looks like you were right. Tried Orca again, bad luck....
Yanked off and stapled some white paper in its place.
It seems to be working....!

Thetinman

Thetinman

Ok, you MIGHT be able to see, that there is a whole lot more light on the back side of table. You will see where I hung the paper.
Stress is fading and dark green is more abundant.... like I mentioned before, about the pics....

IMG 20210324 112023
IMG 20210324 112026
IMG 20210324 112044
IMG 20210324 112048
IMG 20210324 112055
Thetinman

Thetinman

Well I hear ya,
Been dealing with slow down by yellowing for weeks now. Slow like STOPPED COLD.
Doing ANY reflection (now including just paper!!) Causes immediate yellowing on top and deep within.
Left undone before and shriveled badly. Too wet! Yes it's been that way, but they needed water or 1st weeks nutes. I chose just water again.
They are sweating and humidity is now being controlled about 90% by dehumidifier.
That's new. Just trying to settle in now. Have to stop thinking there is something to reflect. So screw it black is what they get.
Sucks because I have to pull lights more together and plant light area drops dramatically.
Hiked them up to 6500lux (here we go again). Dropped humidity, dammit they look better! To 63rh.
Closed gap of humidifier and dehumidifier so should stay pretty close.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

what where you talking about. Thoes look good. I thought you said you couldn't get anything to grow, and I know that didn't happen in 2 days ;)
I must have gotten confused, or something?
You're in good shape. Ya may wanna get more light, and wind on the seedlings, but they'll be fine once transplanted.
Did I miss something? I thought you had some serious issues. You'll be fine, just keep things simple, and don't over think
Oh, did anyone else's Gmail app take a dump?

Thetinman

Thetinman

Ya, I guess it's only been like 72 hours or something. But before that it WAS weeks before I was online talking...zero growth yellowing....

CannasaurusR

CannasaurusR

Long thread, see that light was a bit bright for area. Decreasing reflection works for you, but, growers struggle to get light below the canopy, and thus our precious light is reflected and bounced around by whatever we can paint or line our walls with. You are having difficulty dealing with a new set-up, but advising others to blacken out their walls? Without a successful grow using this set-up? I don't know shit about CMH lights but perhaps just rising your lights would get the miraculous results painting your walls black did. Absorb as much of your light as you can?....c'mon, thats just throwing money away, like buying those light measuring gadgets.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Well, I'm glad I had no clue what was going on. I still have no clue, but there are some decent plants. Ph looks good, green.
All I see are decent plants that could usd a stronger breeze, and some more light.
I am tired, but I could have swore this was the tread nothing would grow.
I'm glad this isn't the case.

Thetinman

Thetinman

Ok woke them up 4 hours later. looked like shit!!
Desperately hung backsides of aluminum foil.
So much brighter now, no burning no wilting. Raising lights abit, dont care about lux at the moment....
They are just about stopped yellowing!
Good all around light on plant. Crashing soon.
@67rh, 80- 77°, lux...... who gives a shit....
T

Thetinman

Thetinman

Yellow....
Pulled lights apart, pulled and pulled up chasing green centers. Too far, dropped dramatically, to around 3' from tops of big girls.
BOUNCE! All greened up including seedlings. Waiting to check again. Wat a seesaw....

Thetinman

Thetinman

Always looks good for a moment then fades away.. REALLY ANNOYING!!!!

IMG 20210324 225911
IMG 20210324 225914
IMG 20210324 225918
Top Bottom