Hanging vs. Screen

• Thread starter JayBee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nughit

I like to hang dry as I feel the buds dry more uniformly when hung up.

O

organickat

I put them into dark for 3 days then hang them for 4 to 5 days trim them up then screen them for a day or two and then they go into a cedar box for a couple days then the jars and they always come out perfect

J

jordisgarden

The ones i wanna smoke and not worry about curing. i toss em on a cardboard box bottom. like soda would come in. just in the open air 2 days they are god to smoke.the majority i hang though

H

humboldtlocal

I like these hanging drying racks. Because I use a Twister trimming machine these work perfect. The buds don't get flat and I can use a fraction of the dry space I used to use when I would hang branches.

IMG 5467
IMG 5424racks
IMG 5719
IMG 5311
sour power

sour power

that set up is sick.especially if the buds dont get flat

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
it seems like any screen...even a soft mesh one would still flatten buds. How does it prevent it?

If a rack was built with window screens for shelves they could be a lot closer to each other fitting even more in a tight space. Just thinking...

Anyway, they look cool and thanks for sharing.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
I use one of the these round hanging setups, fits into the tent. I also use lines to hang some buds. The buds, especially the big ones, get flat on one side. Dont know how to avoid that. Not sure it isi a big deal but wish there was some way to avoid this. I think i like hanging better, just because of flat bud thing. If you hang them for couple days first, then put them on the racks, should be no problem. Also, when space is limited there is little choice, gotta go with these screens.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I was thinking that about the couple days hanging first. Sure looks better then the shoe boxes I been using.

Anyone heard of any problems coming from the glue in cardboard or brown paper bags. I read something somewhere....can't remember where, stating it wasn't good. Should I stop using bags and cardbard boxes? I have seen the Greenhouse use boxes and DJ short use Bags so I figured It was ok. What's the 411 on this? How much are those hanging things?

H

humboldtlocal

I use one of the these round hanging setups, fits into the tent. I also use lines to hang some buds. The buds, especially the big ones, get flat on one side. Dont know how to avoid that. Not sure it isi a big deal but wish there was some way to avoid this. I think i like hanging better, just because of flat bud thing. If you hang them for couple days first, then put them on the racks, should be no problem. Also, when space is limited there is little choice, gotta go with these screens.

Hey Jaybee, To avoid getting flat buds I would have to flip the dry racks over every day or just bounce them around so they would flip. If you don't flip or turn them and just leave them for days the big ones will get flat. I also only do one layer of bud so there are no buds on top of each other. No flat buds.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Hey humboldt, I am not saying my buds are bigger than yours, but... seriously though, the big spears are flat after couple hours. Anyway, gotta do what works for you and seems like you got a system that does.

Next harvest i am going to try and make sure only small buds go on the racks and all big buds stay on the lines...

G

Green Escape

glad i came across this im gonna be doing my first harvest dry and cure and i've been debating getting one of those dry racks but i think i am just gonna hang dry. thanks for all the great opinions on this.

~xO Kakalak Ox~

~xO Kakalak Ox~

Calyx Bros. Seed Co.
I think the coloring and overall appearance is better when you hang.

M

mrdizzle

I'm confused how these round drying deals behave differently than regular screen in regards to flattening the stuff. Anyone?

the screen here arent that ridged, they have great flex to them. drying on like a porch screen is more tight and caused me some flatten buds, and not that easy to flip the buds on a tight screen

you can poke the bottoms of these screens with your hand and all the buds roll all over. Pretty great idea, the one I have you can fold into a 12in circle that comes with a bag to put it in. I love them

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
I have the soft flexible dry racks that you guys are talking about, and my bud is still flat after just a couple hours. Not all buds, but the big giant buds are all flat in less than a day unless they dry out on the line first. I will post a pic to show you what i am talking about-

Flatbud
M

mrdizzle

hahaa giant bud? jk, what can I tell you, hang them then

Top Bottom