1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Oh shit, bacon bombs almost done.
Mmm, mmm good.
397BB151 E94A 4DFB 91AB EEDEB6EF1516

Dbear180

Dbear180

Any of you guys run any Old Dominion or anything outta Duke Diamonds vault? My pops is running Dukes C99 x strawberry diesel outside & it's looking really healthy. I saw a 4th of July sale today, 13 reg Helena by Old + a 7 fem pack from Dukes for less than $70. I grabbed two so total I'll have over 26 reg Helena, 7 c99 x master kush, & 7 c99 x headband and, plus a few freebies. Ill clone the strawberry from my dad. Thought it was a decent price to try something new in the rooms later this year.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
happy 4th.
I'm smoking 3 racks of baby backs :D
View attachment 813262
Momma bought me a smoker for my bday. Just getting going trying different meats and such.
My 1st run at it I used some mesquite chips and I found the mesquite to overpowered the meat with only 2 trays of chips. Friggn meat was fall off the bone tender but like I said the mesquite is too strong of a smoke for baby backs. what type of chips do you think works well with pork?

scubascrog

scubascrog

Momma bought me a smoker for my bday. Just getting going trying different meats and such.
My 1st run at it I used some mesquite chips and I found the mesquite to over power the meat with only 2 trays of chips. Friggn meat was fall of the bone tender but like I said the mesquite is too strong of a smoke for baby backs. what type of chips do you think works well with pork?
I have a pellet smoker so I get a bunch of different kinds from applewood for chicken and pork chops to hickory/mesquite flavoring for anything that is getting a rub or bbq sauce

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I have a pellet smoker so I get a bunch of different kinds from applewood for chicken and pork chops to hickory/mesquite flavoring for anything that is getting a rub or bbq sauce
thanks man. I have a electric vertical smoker. If I had made the purchase I would have picked up a barrel smoker with an offset smoke box but she got it for the bday so I will have to make it work. Man, food, fire baby!!!!

scubascrog

scubascrog

but these racks were definitely fall off the bone. smoked @ 225 for 2 hours bone side down then wrap in foil and do another 2 hours and they just stew in their juices. then sauce up and do another 15 minutes and bam. so good. one rack fell apart when I picked it up lol

Top Bottom