Happy Independence Day

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
damn homies it hit 115 here today. Right now have a microburst happening I do believe …………. How do I upload vids of it rolling in on my Samsung. Keep in mind when it comes to tech you gotta go reaaaaaaaal slow with cactus. And no smart azz comments from you @GrowGod :D

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
damn homies it hit 115 here today. Right now have a microburst happening I do believe …………. How do I upload vids of it rolling in on my Samsung. Keep in mind when it comes to tech you gotta go reaaaaaaaal slow with cactus. And no smart azz comments from you @GrowGod :D
1983 I was in Camp Pendleton republic of California. There was a change of command that day it was 125f in the shade absolutely agonizing. The soldiers had to wear there fatigues with a pack and stand at order until the ceremony was completed. I remember watching soldiers just drop in formation. I was working in central Oregon near the town of mopin on the deschutes river in August. A freak heat wave came through 126f. That was way worse because of the humidity.

scubascrog

scubascrog

1983 I was in Camp Pendleton republic of California. There was a change of command that day it was 125f in the shade absolutely agonizing. The soldiers had to wear there fatigues with a pack and stand at order until the ceremony was completed. I remember watching soldiers just drop in formation. I was working in central Oregon near the town of mopin on the deschutes river in August. A freak heat wave came through 126f. That was way worse because of the humidity.
Good ol pendleton.... miss that place lol

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Umm i think thats asking a bit much ya?

G gnome

G gnome

Oh shit, bacon bombs almost done.
Mmm, mmm good.View attachment 813314

Merica!!!
20180703 071506

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Thanks rural, hope you get to enjoy some fireworks. Shit I’m usually in bed by 8:00pm up by 3:30. But with this pile of fireworks I’ll hit the shatter. Whoohoo!!
Thanks, I saw some fireworks over the ridge from me. But, I blew up so many M-80's and Cherry Bombs growing up, firecrackers with real black powder. Then I have seen gobs of displays set off. Some of the most beautiful were in Germany Lol. One night my buddy and I were in a boat on a river, and there was Castle ruins on top of a ridge over a town on one side on that river, and the fireworks were above the castle ruins.

I first worked on Nuclear Weapons in the AF, then later retrained into Aircraft Fuel Systems Technician. I worked on A-10's then until I got out with just over 8 years in.

As far as my timing, I'm retired. My company farmed me out on Disability years ago. PTSD, and, had a lot more problems back then. Took years to recover. We are lucky here. I'm not saying where, but I have access to one of the best VA hospitals in the country. I really am a farmer. We work a beef cattle farm, not very big. Run about 90 to 100 head, but it's all the buildings, equipment, pastures, hay fields, fences, etc, that has to be maintained..... LOL.... or it would be more fun. Just now finished the 1st cutting of hay.... but, we are late. 70 acres of hay, about 150 acres pasture, and, there is only 2 of us man. We're a dying breed around here. We grew up putting up square bales. You have to like this work. It pays off big a couple times a year, but its mostly all in the weather. We have tops on the tractors, so those help gobs!!

It was 98 yesterday and 97 today, heat index of 103, 104. 45 to 55% humidity. Ugg. Finally a break tomorrow!! ROSIN time!! LOL :cool:

Last edited:
RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

one time at pendleton we were at-4 training and one rocket had ricochet off the ground and didnt explode and was sent flying off into the hills for ordinance to find.. ah the good ol days.
Got to attend a live fire demonstration at Ft. Bragg, Army and Air Force. I was impressed with both branches. The A-10's and that Cannon just laid waste to about 2 acres with a couple 3-4 second blasts.:cool:

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Did you get to travel around the area any when at Pendleton? I was TDY to George AFB in Victorville in fall of 87, not very long before I got out. We had a 3 day weekend, and I rented a car and drove all over LA. Man, seems like yesterday but that's 31 years ago. That is in the high Mojave. LA suffered an earthquake that fall, in Whittier. And, it rained big time up in that desert. That morning I saw one of the most vivid rainbows ever. I saw the smog too, it was bad then, in LA. Now, my daughter lives there, :):cool:

G gnome

G gnome

Thanks, I saw some fireworks over the ridge from me. But, I blew up so many M-80's and Cherry Bombs growing up, firecrackers with real black powder. Then I have seen gobs of displays set off. Some of the most beautiful were in Germany Lol. One night my buddy and I were in a boat on a river, and there was Castle ruins on top of a ridge over a town on one side on that river, and the fireworks were above the castle ruins.

I first worked on Nuclear Weapons in the AF, then later retrained into Aircraft Fuel Systems Technician. I worked on A-10's then until I got out with just over 8 years in.

As far as my timing, I'm retired. My company farmed me out on Disability years ago. PTSD, and, had a lot more problems back then. Took years to recover. We are lucky here. I'm not saying where, but I have access to one of the best VA hospitals in the country. I really am a farmer. We work a beef cattle farm, not very big. Run about 90 to 100 head, but it's all the buildings, equipment, pastures, hay fields, fences, etc, that has to be maintained..... LOL.... or it would be more fun. Just now finished the 1st cutting of hay.... but, we are late. 70 acres of hay, about 150 acres pasture, and, there is only 2 of us man. We're a dying breed around here. We grew up putting up square bales. You have to like this work. It pays off big a couple times a year, but its mostly all in the weather. We have tops on the tractors, so those help gobs!!

It was 98 yesterday and 97 today, heat index of 103, 104. 45 to 55% humidity. Ugg. Finally a break tomorrow!! ROSIN time!! LOL :cool:
I appreciate ur service man!

I never understood how u get hay n straw...? I mean know theyre different but is it just that straw is allowed to grow longer...?

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

I appreciate ur service man!

I never understood how u get hay n straw...? I mean know theyre different but is it just that straw is allowed to grow longer...?
Straw is a special kind of grass. It has to be sewn every year. A hayfield doesn't. Alfalfa is a type of grass. It grows short and fast, and you can usually get 3 or 4 cuttings. It has to be resewn every few years. Those and other special types of grasses are for specific uses. Cows won't eat straw much, they prefer hay. Hay is just natural grasses, clovers, and others that grow, and we fertilize the hayfields in spring. We get 2 cuttings. As for my service, your welcome. I'd do it again.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Shoot man I’m in Monterey cali, didn’t even break 65, been a fucking cold summer here

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Did you get to travel around the area any when at Pendleton? I was TDY to George AFB in Victorville in fall of 87, not very long before I got out. We had a 3 day weekend, and I rented a car and drove all over LA. Man, seems like yesterday but that's 31 years ago. That is in the high Mojave. LA suffered an earthquake that fall, in Whittier. And, it rained big time up in that desert. That morning I saw one of the most vivid rainbows ever. I saw the smog too, it was bad then, in LA. Now, my daughter lives there, :):cool:
Thank you for your service, I did get to see quite a bit of the base. I was 13 at the time my mom worked on base at the PX. My step dad (number 3). Was stationed at that time there. I remember getting to fire an M-60 on a tripod and a ride in a tank. A couple years before that went to visit her in 29 palms (step dad number 2). That was a crazy place, mom always had a thing for marines. Step dad number 2 was a good one. He’s a border patrol agent now. I remember riding the greyhound through LA back then, the smog was so thick you could cut it with a knife. My uncle retired career marine 29 years service. Grunt lifestyle took his knees and ankles. Jumping out of the back of those trucks in full gear really took a toll on his body. Seriously thank you ruralfarmer for your service without you all we would not have our freedoms most abuse today.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Thank you for your service, I did get to see quite a bit of the base. I was 13 at the time my mom worked on base at the PX. My step dad (number 3). Was stationed at that time there. I remember getting to fire an M-60 on a tripod and a ride in a tank. A couple years before that went to visit her in 29 palms (step dad number 2). That was a crazy place, mom always had a thing for marines. Step dad number 2 was a good one. He’s a border patrol agent now. I remember riding the greyhound through LA back then, the smog was so thick you could cut it with a knife. My uncle retired career marine 29 years service. Grunt lifestyle took his knees and ankles. Jumping out of the back of those trucks in full gear really took a toll on his body. Seriously thank you ruralfarmer for your service without you all we would not have our freedoms most abuse today.
I freakin loved the px... You can grab a handle of whiskey.. Playboys.. Cigaretts and a pistol under one roof.

Top Bottom