Harvest Guessimate?

• Thread starter McCannabis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
McCannabis

McCannabis

It's relentless, yet docile. Haha if that's possible. I thought to myself at the end of September, I just wanna put these seeds in dirt and see what happens. And I haven't looked back. I really wish there was some way for me to figure out what strains I might be growig

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

It's not. Freshly watered in fact. Rock wool imo should only be dipped from the bottom and never more than halfway it retains too much moisture, the upper half of the block wicks an appropriate amount of water.
maybe that is why my rw clones always die, my rw was always soaked. I have only had success cloning in water, dirt or coco.

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

maybe that is why my rw clones always die, my rw was always soaked. I have only had success cloning in water, dirt or coco.

That would be exactly why. You want a rooting medium moist not wet. Rockwool has high moisture retention especially in a humidity dome. I water once every 5-7 days depending on situation. Once roots form it's as often as 3 days.

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

I have a thought.

Protect that carpet.

You know I hadn't noticed that but yeah, put a piece of plywood down at least! Also painting those "walls" with flat white paint will make it ALOT brighter in there. Little things.

McCannabis

McCannabis

I can't believe I didn't even think of that...oops. Haha, I think I have just the stuff. I'll tend to those two matters this week. Good ideas. Thanks for spotting my stupidity! Haha

philly kush

philly kush

be patient feed them right take notes for the next grow & everything will be fine remember quality is better than quantity

stanknkatz

stanknkatz

generous guesstimate of 7-14 grams after trim and stem removal. are those cfl's you're under?

str8smokn

str8smokn

If your feeding that Miracle Grow,you might want to take it easy. I think it's kind of high NPK level.
Is that going to be all of the light you give them?
Small weights come with small watts!
That's not enough light really for one plant,unless your growing in a cabinet. And then you might need more light still.
Good luck
We all work with what we got.
STR8

McCannabis

McCannabis

Yeah that's all the light I have right now. This is kinda my trial one. Started with one and got a little ambitious with two. I don't mind waiting. Even if I could harvest 10g off of two plants I'd be semi satisfied. I do feed MG, but very very very little amount about 1/4 of the suggested serving. I know it can be harsh so I go really easy on it. I just add it to my water, I don't give it much else besides that.

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Isn't it better to run more small cfls than fewer big ones. I had read somewhere like the 48watt ones were the most efficient or something

str8smokn

str8smokn

That's I believe in small micro grows,the lrg ones do produce some heat.
Like Pcs or cabinet style grows.
If you could put maybe two more of those in then you would be better off.
STR8

str8smokn

str8smokn

Correct.. If you can put like 6-8 of them in there at different levels you should be good.
You can buy a --Y--connector that accepts two light bulbs in one socket,those will help out also.
But yes you need more lumens--light--.
STR8

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
If I were you, I would do a couple things to maximize (your) grow space.

Keep in mind this is what (I) would do lol.

Painting all the cardboard white to help increase reflectivity is something inexpensive and easy since your just doing this for fun.

I would make sure to have the box closed all the way. You have a certain method of opening and closing it I see. Just make sure when it's closed you get it as light tight as possible.

Then cut a piece of cardboard to fit inside the square opening of the box. You will want a snug fit for light tightness but the ability for it to be able to be moved up and down as needed. Then mount it to your cfl reflectors. If you cut the holes right. the lip on the reflectors should hold the cardboard in place.

Maybe have a hole in the ceiling for ventilation.
As well as one at the lowest part. Convection would do its thing naturally in your space.
You could also use a fan against one of those holes if needed.

I would then use this new ceiling/light reflector of cardboard you made. To reduce the airspace in your grow. Since you have low light output you need to increase you're lumens per cu ft. Then as plants grow you can raise it up.

Making a floor painted white for the box will also help. wood would better resist water if painted

You and your plants would enjoy this I feel.

McCannabis

McCannabis

Cfls can do the job you're just going to want more than that for flower.
How many lumens do I want per square foot for flower? I think I'm at around 1,700/sqft my area is about 3.2 sq.ft and I have two bulbs that give about 2650 lumens. Am I doing my math right about these? I do have a third bulb I just need a 3 bulb adapter.

Top Bottom