Harvest Guessimate?

• Thread starter McCannabis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stanknkatz

stanknkatz

Ideally you want at least 50 watts of light per sq ft of your grow footprint.

Now here's the kicker, the type of light matters. CFL's and flouros in general do not put off many lumens, and the light penetration sucks, which is why a lot of folks use metal halide and high pressure sodium lights. My 400 hps gave off 40000 lumens ( initially, that deteriorates slowly over time ). But, MH and HPS run the electric bill thru the roof. You can do the math and figure out how many cfl bulbs and fixtures you'd need to get that. Also, MH and HPS have issues with heat. Likewise, with that many cfl's, you will also have issues with heat in an enclosed area.

Currently I'm into my 3rd grow with LED lights ( I can't deal with the expense of a heavy electric bill), and am liking it, altho it's a learning curve and I'm still trying to dial things in. I bought 2 tents recently, 1 for veg/nursery and 1 for flower, have no issues with heat using just a passive intake and a 6" exhaust fan. My lights are from BML

I would hazard you'd be better off with one of those led systems rather than all those cfl's plus the fixtures.

Bottom line, if you are going to continue this hobby, and really want to see some decent results, I'd suggest investing in the equipment to make it happen.

Also, I'd suggest researching on this site. A LOT. All the info you need is there, just got to put the legwork in to finding it.

McCannabis

McCannabis

Here's a little time grow starting from little over a month ago, these plants seem to grow slow until I look at these pics. I'm happily pleased with growth. Things seem to be going well I'd say. Gonna try to add a third 40W CFL.

McCannabis

McCannabis

Just an update as to where I'm at in my grow, I'm getting ready to flip the lighting. And I'm very excited. I'm just giving a couples days recoop after being a little under watered a few days. But she's popping back just fine it seems. These plants took off in one week. I came back the other day and they were just bulky and green.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey, positive thinking never hurts...
While I appreciate your positive outlook, all the positive thoughts in the world wont change the plant genetics you are growing. There are too many variables to do anything but grow em out and see.

McCannabis

McCannabis

Okay, stressing out bad, can someone confirm if this is sex or not?

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

Those are pollen sacks my friend you can wait a little longer to confirm but them look Lil balls to me. You wouldn't have gotten much from it anyway switching at 1 1/2 ft maybe an once max

Latest posts

Top Bottom