Harvestable/usable Living Mulch? Alternative Living Mulch.

• Thread starter RedWoods
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RedWoods

Chocolate mint
Carrots?
Beats?
Perclane?
What does everyone use for living mulch? Any herb? Madicinal herbs? Microgreens? Has anyone started ferns in their no till beds? Any types of mosses? Plants that certain insects or microorganisms love?

Lets see what everyone uses for living mulch, also any no till tips would be great
Happy growing everyone :)

Last edited:
brazel

brazel

White dutch clover would be your raddest nitrogen fixer.
Any clover
Dynamic accumulators
There's so many but I typically stick to the ones above

R

RedWoods

Anything more usable or just nice looking though? Why do you like the white dutch clover?

R

RedWoods

Nice name :) Do you by any chnace raise meat rabbits? Nice to see someone that uses vegies for their living mulch.

Homesteader

Homesteader

@RedWoods Yeah mostly meat rabbits. New Zealand's and Silver Fox.

R

RedWoods

Two of my top choices! I plant to start breeding after I get my tax return. Which do you like better?

Homesteader

Homesteader

I like them both about the same for the meat, but the Silver Foxes are fairly uniform for pelts.

Last edited:
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I like them both about the same for the meat, but the Silver Foxes are fairly uniform for pelts.
looked into them myself,mainly for meat,only biggest problem i have other than fox and coons,is the triple digit weather,i could hook some computer fans together and get wind to them,but even in the shade it get to 101,,that way i havent jump the gun on them yet,even thought about a mister with the fans,just running off a drip line

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I have heard of people building underground hutches, although Im not sure on your situtation. Heat is the big issue, my rabbits can take any amount of cold as long as they have thawed water but they hate life in the heat.
ya it pretty normal for the least of 2 months ,triple digits here

R

RedWoods

Planty of people breed out here in AZ where we have long periods of tripple didget and regularly hit 110+ in summer. Large shade tree, airflow, misters etc. But absolutely do not let them run out of water. Ia also plan on trying to give a whole mini ecosystem so hopefully that would help with temps.

Top Bottom