harvesting , nest technique

• Thread starter NBfrost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kief Stoned

Yea I would trim all the fan leaves and most of the other leaves also but leave the buds on the branches and hang them upside down for 3-4 days ( depends on your climate ) before cutting them up, final trimming and placing in paper bags... If you dont trim them before they dry they are a real PITA to trim dry.. Trust me, I know.. Its alot easier to trim them before they are dried.. Im not saying manicure them but get alot of the big leaves off before you hang them if you dont want alot of extra headaches.. If you wait til there dry you will have issues with trimmings sticking to the trichomes on the buds..And when you remove the trimmings it will pull off the resin heads too.. At least it did when I waited ...I just run some string across the top of my grow tent and hang them there. But if you have other plants going in the tent dont hang them in there with the light still going. It'll make them less potent as light is harmful to drying plants trichs.

j wizzle

j wizzle

you can take the main fan leaves off for sure. some people leave them on, DJ short is one of them (he created blueberry in case you didnt know) because it protects the buds as they dry.

i think trimming wet is a pain in the ass. everything sticks to your scissors, its just a mess. you also dont want them to be crispy either....im not one who likes to let my stems snap before trimming my buds up. its looking for that perfect medium, 3-4 days drying usually does the trick.

K

Kief Stoned

Yea I wait for them to hang dry for a few days before I manicure them. But I get the fans and most of the big leaves off while wet. Just my prefference.

N

NBfrost

Thats how i am going to go about it , Im glad i listened to your advise , those 4 blueberry have swolen even more , and they look awsome , i look at the trics and they still look clear , how noticable is the amber or milky texture ?? i always harvested on the way the hairs matured not the trics . I bought one of those 5 layered hanging racks ..you can remove the teirs if a person wants , they are nets .. would i be ok to cut the buds off , and place them on there , just remove the stalks ? or not reccomend this? I have always dryed them the by hanging whole plant and trimming when dry , but its alway been outdoor , i perfre to dry and cure this indoor properly being my first indoor grow in 2 years ..

K

Kief Stoned

If your looking through a 30 or more X loop or microscope the milky and amber is very noticable. If you dont see any milky heads at all, I would def wait. It usually takes 1-2 weeks ( this will vary ) from seeing no milky heads untill you will see 75% or more milky heads.. And then another 1-2 weeks ( again, this can vary ) before you will see Ambers.. So , just going off of what youa re saying, and the pic of the plant you posted, I think you have at least another 2-3 weeks left before you should chop them.. Even if you only want a sativa/up high, if you chop too soon the plants will simply not be nearly as potent.. You wont start getting into the stone type high untill at least 20% of the heads are amber.. But this wont happen untill they all turn white first.. So in my opinion you will be safe to wait at least 3 more weeks if you dont see any white heads at all..

Top Bottom