Has anyone ever dealt with a city inspector?

• Thread starter PUN1424EFS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PUN1424EFS

PUN1424EFS

My power company turned my power off because of my wireing to my growroom. I ran the wires from the panel myself wasnt up to code police thought i was stealing power and smud my power co. I wasnt stealing power but they cut my power off and said i have to pull a permit and get a city inspector out here to get my power back. My question is will they inspect everything or just the grow room wiring? I live in Sacramento if anyone knows anything your input would be helpful

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
My power company turned my power off because of my wireing to my growroom. I ran the wires from the panel myself wasnt up to code police thought i was stealing power and smud my power co. I wasnt stealing power but they cut my power off and said i have to pull a permit and get a city inspector out here to get my power back. My question is will they inspect everything or just the grow room wiring? I live in Sacramento if anyone knows anything your input would be helpful
My guess is they'll want to inspect every little thing possible, especially in Sact'o. You must get some fantastic rates, being in a SMUD district, though!

PUN1424EFS

PUN1424EFS

My guess is they'll want to inspect every little thing possible, especially in Sact'o. You must get some fantastic rates, being in a SMUD district, though!
Yeah just went down to the city office there gonna check everything that has electrical coming from the panel . The rates on power used to be a lot better i qualify for low income so i get 30percent off the first two tier usage of power before we had all these people growing it would go all the way to tier 4 on a 800 dollar light bill i would only pay about 580 now its like a 100 dollar more

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Jus curious how the power company knew what ur power situation looked like? Did they come inside ur building and if so why?

Confu

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

LOL,Now cops are electricians?Power co. has no right to cut off power without LEGAL reason,no maybes,Id tell them you have a handicapped person/invalid living there and they better turn it back on.Also city inspector has no right to demand inspection unless you are pulling a new permit etc.You are not telling the whole story because none of this makes sense.How does anyone even know about the power to your grow room?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Fish, you must not be familiar with Oakland and how they've turned the state laws upside down. Did you know that in the city of Oakland you're required to get a permit to have a home office? Think about that for a minute. There's a lot more I can say on that one, I figured I'd offer a little teaser.

H

hzd

LOL,Now cops are electricians?Power co. has no right to cut off power without LEGAL reason,no maybes,Id tell them you have a handicapped person/invalid living there and they better turn it back on.Also city inspector has no right to demand inspection unless you are pulling a new permit etc.You are not telling the whole story because none of this makes sense.How does anyone even know about the power to your grow room?

I am in a wheelchair, and had a small scene in Northern CA. My power was turned off for almost 2 weeks. No one cared about my being paralyzed when they turned off my power.

I had jumped power for ballasts off the 240v line for my clothing dryer; I just didn't do laundry for 12 hours when the lights were on. It was perfectly safe done by a pro. They fined me couple thousand for that, and shut off power.

Why I got raided: I got raided for having prick neighbors who had a buddy on the drug task force. The bugged him for 2 years about me until he did them a favor.

- Anyway. To answer the original question. The inspector who checked things to turn my power back on just checked my box and my garage where my scene was. But that was in Humbolt. So I am sure Sac-town could be diff.

H

hzd

Sounds like police were at his scene. When they go to your scene. They bring lots of people. People taking pictures of everything, looking through everything. I had 20 people at my tiny little drop in the puddle scene. 6 footprints. Some of them were shaking there head, because it was a waste of time. Still, they call all sorts of people. Someone from the DA comes down, someone from the city comes down to inspect things are to code. They must have given him a report of what to fix if they did this. I would just have a professional fix everything on the report. The guy is not gonna come snoop around for shit. He is gonna come check you did what they told you to do. If you want to go back to operating, I would do what it takes to make everything to code. It is worth it in the long run.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

First of all it is illegal for them to turn off your power if your handicapped,wheelchairs are considered life support equipment.You can also receive extra power for free by signing up for the medical baseline program,
https://www.sce.com/wps/portal/home...oIwEAXgZ7kLlpceqCK4qxGxhGgUo9iNAYOVBKlBlPj2on
Sorry that you had to go through this,if anyone has a right to grow medical MJ its someone like you,those cops should be ashamed of themselves,did they take your MJ?Honestly what a waste of taxpayer dollars.The cities cannot control legal grows so instead they try to get you to stop through intimidation,embarassment and by using civil or building code,Fuck them,I hope they all burn in hell for their lack of compassion towards others.

H

hzd

Thanks man. I appreciate it. Lots of people were upset for me when that happened. My plants had just switched from veg. so they left all the plants. I ended up giving them away. Never saw a thing from the guy I gave almost 100 healthy huge girls to. They left whatever spare flowers I had laying around the house.
I wish I knew more then; about it being illegal to shut off my power, given my condition. What can you do. It was total gestapo scare tactics tho. Raid my house at 430 am. Handcuff me in my wheelchair, and turn my house upside down. They were all gone 3 hours later.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I am in a wheelchair, and had a small scene in Northern CA. My power was turned off for almost 2 weeks. No one cared about my being paralyzed when they turned off my power.

I had jumped power for ballasts off the 240v line for my clothing dryer; I just didn't do laundry for 12 hours when the lights were on. It was perfectly safe done by a pro. They fined me couple thousand for that, and shut off power.

Why I got raided: I got raided for having prick neighbors who had a buddy on the drug task force. The bugged him for 2 years about me until he did them a favor.

- Anyway. To answer the original question. The inspector who checked things to turn my power back on just checked my box and my garage where my scene was. But that was in Humbolt. So I am sure Sac-town could be diff.
WOW! There is so much to say about this, I don't even know where to start. I am sorry you experienced this, I am sorry we have assholes in this world, I am sorry.

Ambre

Ambre

So much for the "Land of the Free." This is not the same country I grew up in - we are getting as repressive as Russia used to be back during the cold war. Neighbors spying on each other, ugh.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

So much for the "Land of the Free." This is not the same country I grew up in - we are getting as repressive as Russia used to be back during the cold war. Neighbors spying on each other, ugh.
Yeah crazy,we fight in other countries supposedly to give other people their rights and freedom of choice back and all the while they are taking ours away back here at home.

H

hzd

his house was VERY close proximity to mine. actually a double drive way that was shared at the end of a dead end. kind of a weird setup, houses kitty cornered facing each other. way to close for my liking. but in that town, you have to take what you could get. was bad news from the beginning. first thing he said to me was, "I hope your not going to be growing MJ in there." That was it. - Few months before the raid, he told me he had been (for months), and was currently (at the time); writing down the license plate number and description of every car that came to my house. This guy was a conservative nut. I'm just lucky I was so much smaller than anything the DTF is concerned with. It was exactly what you say, a waste of time, money, resources, etc... Just because my neighbor wanted me to move. My scene was smaller than anyone who had been in there before, I know that!!! I think it was cuz', before I moved in, his house had been broken into by people who were trying to find his scene. A scene that he may or may not have had. The house I lived in, had also been broken into, by people trying to steal the grow. That sort of thing is very common in that part of Northern CA, cuz' almost half the houses have a grow in them. I never had a problem with it, but my shit was very secure.

Last edited:
Top Bottom