Has anyone ever had an inline fan fail?

• Thread starter reloader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cherrorist

Cherrorist

What's the current/power rating on that, and what temp did you go for? Also are you switching all of your lights on it?
If you have multiple fans and lights you could maybe just shed the 1000's with the stat as a single fan may cope with just the 600's running and keep your room on the correct lighting schedule. Would take a bit if calibration but might be better. Chances of two fans going down is slim, more so if fed from different breakers. You could even put the 2x1000's at a set temp then the 2x600's at a slightly higher one on second stat.
I personally just use a cheap thermostat wired to a boost line on my fan as backup temp control it not ideal but its better than nothing.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

i would just like to say...i use vortex..here is why..

i got 2 12" vortex, one of them burnt out...i went back to my store and they tell me they need to see the receipt...considering they were bought over 6 years prior i had no receipt to show, so he did not want to cover any kind of waranty or garantee..so i found out there was a vortex factory within driving distance, so i went, they replaced my 12" fan free, no questions asked....they then told me they have a 10 year no questions asked policy...

i love it when a company is so confident they actually stand behind their product lol

reloader

reloader

What's the current/power rating on that, and what temp did you go for? Also are you switching all of your lights on it?
If you have multiple fans and lights you could maybe just shed the 1000's with the stat as a single fan may cope with just the 600's running and keep your room on the correct lighting schedule. Would take a bit if calibration but might be better. Chances of two fans going down is slim, more so if fed from different breakers. You could even put the 2x1000's at a set temp then the 2x600's at a slightly higher one on second stat.
I personally just use a cheap thermostat wired to a boost line on my fan as backup temp control it not ideal but its better than nothing.

Definitely better then nothing. I need both fans to cool the 4 lights. I have one fan blowing out one ducted side with filter/exhaust & exit through lights. I live in a very cold climate and since I run my lights at night I duct in fresh cold air from outside right into my 1000 watt hood and into another 600 hood and the air is still so cold after coming out that my fans are only on 1/2 speed to cool, & keep temp at 73F, but I can't have one fail. So I set temp at 95F on hightemp shutoff device. and I have the thermostat dangled in the middle of my tent. If a fan failed I bet it would hit 95F within 15 to 20 mins, with all the heat from a 1000 & 600 on one side. I am also rigging an alarm with a remote probe that will go off if my temps hit 90F.

Last edited:
reloader

reloader

Ok, I got the "high temp shutoff" , but I wanted some kind of alarm to let me know if temps are getting to hot or to cold. So this is what I ended up with. It is quite loud, you can preset the high/low temps, has a 15ft probe. It will get your attention if there is a problem. Of course it is only in C so you have to convert to F.
Temppp
Temp2

Top Bottom