Has Anyone Tried Trifecta Crop Control?

• Thread starter Happy camper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hemicuda

Hemicuda

Trifecta seems to be working on keeping my in infested plants from becoming infested. It has done a decent job of keeping back the infestation on the plants that already had it. Using 1 0z per gallon. But is not totally solving the issue. will continue to use as I get my problem room under control. Thanks for the replies and info guys!

H

Happy camper

Trifecta seems to be working on keeping my in infested plants from becoming infested. It has done a decent job of keeping back the infestation on the plants that already had it. Using 1 0z per gallon. But is not totally solving the issue. will continue to use as I get my problem room under control. Thanks for the replies and info guys!
I think the recommended dilution rate for an infestation is 2 oz per gal, that may be one reason for only keeping them at bay. I know it worked for me after getting the correct rate,

P

Panarojo

Hello Farmer community, I've been mainly using this site for research, it's time to give back based on personal experiences. Trifecta works great for root aphids, like happy camper says, 2 oz per gallon seems to do it.
I started only foliar and lite spraying on the surface of the pots, but found I was still having issues so I'm experimenting a bit. I'm currently making 2 oz/gal buckets and dunking my whole rootball/pot for a few seconds making sure no air pockets are left. I can see the root aphids come up and die within seconds. What a gratifying sight!!! I don't know what this will do to my roots or plants overall, but I'll keep you all posted.

P

Panarojo

Update: I found that the 2 oz/gal total root drench works great. I found that sensitivity to the drench is strain specific, but make sure you're plants aren't thirsty before trifecta or they'll suck up the juices meant for the root aphids and wilt for a day or so. Out of 8 different strains tested I had two mildy wilt, but are starting to come back.
Make sure you flush the trifecta out after a minute or so as the root aphids die on contact and roots don't seem to like it a whole lot. It's a lot of work, but instant death to aphids makes it well worth it IMO.

Hemicuda

Hemicuda

Hello Farmer community, I've been mainly using this site for research, it's time to give back based on personal experiences. Trifecta works great for root aphids, like happy camper says, 2 oz per gallon seems to do it.
I started only foliar and lite spraying on the surface of the pots, but found I was still having issues so I'm experimenting a bit. I'm currently making 2 oz/gal buckets and dunking my whole rootball/pot for a few seconds making sure no air pockets are left. I can see the root aphids come up and die within seconds. What a gratifying sight!!! I don't know what this will do to my roots or plants overall, but I'll keep you all posted.
Very interested to se the effect this has on plant and root health please keep notes on this and update. I am currently fighting spider mites and started with 1 oz but will give 2oz per gal a shot. IT seemed to be working well. But have had an "outbreak" if you will. since I stopped spraying at the end of week 4 for testing purpose.

Hemicuda

Hemicuda

Any information on testing and trifecta. Oregon testing standards? Was using a Green Cleaner but it has a organic compound in it that gets flagged on the tests so cant spray past week 4. Want something I can spray closer to the end of the 8 week flowering cycle with out residue or traces left. Just want to past tests and provide the cleanest product I possibly can.

P

Panarojo

Second update: the wilting plants never made it back. I made the mistake of dunking a few smaller plants that were a bit thirsty, well they wilted, and look to be dying. I was able to take cuts and they peeked right up in water.

Do not dunk thirsty plants and make sure you flush as soon as you can.

The larger, better established plants look unaffected and there are no moving pests in my coco.

H

Happy camper

Any information on testing and trifecta. Oregon testing standards? Was using a Green Cleaner but it has a organic compound in it that gets flagged on the tests so cant spray past week 4. Want something I can spray closer to the end of the 8 week flowering cycle with out residue or traces left. Just want to past tests and provide the cleanest product I possibly can.
I t is my understanding that the Trifecta passed all testing and can be used up to a week before harvest. ..There are no noxious, illegal additives in it. I know for a fact that is being used on some big rec grows in Oregon .I know that they had no problems at harvest. Last year being the first year that they were tested with the new standards

Hemicuda

Hemicuda

Trifecta is working well. With the correct rate. I have new product going out for testing, we will see if anything comes back. I am doubtful there will be an issue. Thank you for your responses Happy Camper.

H

Happy camper

Trifecta is working well. With the correct rate. I have new product going out for testing, we will see if anything comes back. I am doubtful there will be an issue. Thank you for your responses Happy Camper.. It sure is nice having something to use that works and does what it says.

john martin

john martin

No way this stuff works on russet mites unless it has hidden ingredients not listed on the MSDS.

None of the essential oils listed would have the effects they claim.

If it does really work on russets, I'm curious what is really in it.

john martin

john martin

"ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Thyme Oil 14%, Clove Oil 10%, Garlic Oil 9%, Peppermint Oil 4%, Corn Oil 3%, Geraniol 3%, Citric Acid 2%, Rosemary Oil 2% INERT INGREDIENTS: 53% Filtered Water, Soap, Isoprop"

No way that is knocking out / preventing russet mites.

The Build-a-soil essential oil blend doesn't even take care of thrips, and contains:
27.77% Rosemary Oil - Camphor Type - Spain (a-pinene: 27.5%, Camphene: 12.9%, Mircene: 4.0%, Limonene: 3.4%, 1.8-Cineol: 15.8%, Camphor: 18.1%, Linalool: 0.6%) 27.77% Eucalyptus Oil - Blue Malle - Australia (1,8-Cineole % (m/m): 92.17, a-Pinene % (m/m): 1.44, b-Pinene % (m/m): 0.83, Sabinene % (m/m): 0.10, a-Phellandrene % (m/m): 0.09, Limonene % (m/m): 1.26) 27.77% Lemongrass oil - India (myrcene, citronellal, geranyl acetate, nerol, geraniol, neral and traces of limonene and citral) 5.55% Thyme - Red Thymol - Spain (a-thujone, a-pinene, camphene, b-pinene, p-cymene, a-terpinene, linalool, borneol, b-caryophyllene, thymol and carvacrol.) 5.55% Clove - Stem - Madagascar (Eugenol...........94.73, Beta-caryophyllene...3.63%, Acetate d'eugenyle....0.78%)5.55% Ginger - India (Ginger is high in Citral along with 477 other constituents)

Hemicuda

Hemicuda

It is a helpful product, The Idea with Trifecta Crop Control is to create a complete coating to suffocate, and gum up pests through multiple application and repel pests from the intense smell. Works well in my IPM. I have just came across build a soil, from clackamas coots interview with KIS organics, will be looking in to their products as I am working on learning living soil, any suggestions?

Hemicuda

Hemicuda

I also had Trifect crop control tested by itself and nothing but the label ingredients came back.

AGW Cannabis

AGW Cannabis

Insecticides and systemic's can be really scary stuff.

AGW is made 100% FDA approved food stock for ingredients, approved by EPA as an allowable pesticide (although our product can be classified this way-it is not actually a pesticide-that's just the only place the EPA has to place it because it does the things a pesticide does (more effectively) but without any toxic processes)

AGW Cannabis

AGW Cannabis

not really effective on mites once infested.

Thanks for info but I was able to get a sample and it worked on the mites. There is no insecticide in it. Also it is on list for use on the herb It does not leave a residue on plants like some made with essential oils. For me,Neem oil works well as a deterrent; not really effective on mites once infested.

Would be happy to show you how to solve mite problems in no time, organically and for much less. Oh-your crop yield will be bigger as a bonus.

Hemicuda

Hemicuda

Interesting, is this product approved as organic? Approved by EPA?

No, it actually says it Represents that it is exempt from having to register, So that is concerning. Also I don't use it anymore, it's expensive, I don't really see results, and I did not like not being able to study how it works or is made. But I've heard about 5000 times this last week you have a great product, that Trifecta attempted to copy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom