Having a deficiency. Im sure someone can help me. Please

• Thread starter Brianhavoc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Rainbow Mix Pro Blends consist of two all natural blends containing mycorrhizae, beneficial microbes and humic acid for high performance gardening. Apply once to twice per growing season or whenever needed.

Sounds like you might be confused on the application or how much to use?

If you feel like you need additional Calcium or Magnesium supplementation after that point you can use tiny amounts of Epsom salt, and Gypsum (1 tablespoon every 2 weeks top dress) to cover those minor deficiencies.

Brianhavoc

Brianhavoc

I water when the soil is dry. I pick up the plant and check for the weight. It's usually around every 4 days currently.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Also I just want to add that you should be using two blends. One for veg, and one for bloom. Relying on a bloom nute the entire grow WILL lead to deficiencies.

Gaia Green as an example:

Veg 4-4-4
Bloom 2-8-4

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Slow-developing light stress can show on the older, lower leaves that have been exposed for a long time. I see some yellowing tips with brown spots on some of the lower leaves that is characteristic of this issue. That's not suggesting nutrients aren't also involved.

Brianhavoc

Brianhavoc

So Is the deficiency changing to calcium more than manganese ? I don't want to over nut the plant. Maybe I'll turn the lights down to 60 percent ? Add more cal mag next watering before I add the manganese?

Brianhavoc

Brianhavoc

Sorry I use rainbow pro grow during the veg stage. But with the autos , veg only really lasts 3-4 weeks. Then they start to flip. So I don't really use much grow on them

Brianhavoc

Brianhavoc

20230202 164904

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Yeah, you're reading the feed instructions and treating it like a synthetic grow. You don't add the dry amendment to your water, you add it to your soil. And the measurement is PER GALLON OF GROWING MEDIUM.

Their general usage rates would be applied per gallon of growing medium, for example if you have a 5 gallon pot you would be doing:

Mild: 1 tablespoon per gallon (5 tablespoons)
Medium: 2 tablespoon per gallon (10 tablespoons)
Strong: 4 tablespoon per gallon (20 tablespoons)

Brianhavoc

Brianhavoc

Would that be every watering? Or just once at the spart of bloom? I really didn't want to kill the plant so I was adding it slowly every watering.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Would that be every watering? Or just once at the spart of bloom? I really didn't want to kill the plant so I was adding it slowly every watering.

that would probably be once a MONTH. You need to read up more information regarding this nutrient line and recommended feeding. I tried browsing their site but it's honestly giving me a headache.

Gaia Green for example is ~3 tablespoons per gallon of medium every 4 weeks or as needed.

Info you need is right on the back of the bag sir

"use every 12 weeks or whenever needed" I have a feeling the whenever needed will be much sooner than 12 weeks.

Brianhavoc

Brianhavoc

Thank you. I really wanted to use Gia green but they don't sell it in the US. Unless they started recently. I appreciate your time

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Thank you. I really wanted to use Gia green but they don't sell it in the US. Unless they started recently. I appreciate your time

hey no problem, glad we could get to the bottom of it :)

Just remember that light is the primary driver for a plants metabolism. If you drive them hard with light, you need to make sure your other variables are in check like food, water, humidity, temps etc. I would recommend lowering light intensity a bit for a few days just to let her recover a bit and then when you see some nice lush green new growth feel free to crank the light up to 100%.

They do sell GG in the states!

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Yeah love GG. @Shaded_One I feel like he should up his dose of cal-mag until def is corrected...

that line actually has a really decent amount of Cal in it, just not at the amounts he was feeding most likely. Gotta be careful cause we don't want him to toxify his plant with organic calmag

N 2.00% - P 14.00% - K 2.00% - Ca 12.00%

that's the breakdown of the rainbow mix bloom

2Bad

2Bad

that line actually has a really decent amount of Cal in it, just not at the amounts he was feeding most likely. Gotta be careful cause we don't want him to toxify his plant with organic calmag

N 2.00% - P 14.00% - K 2.00% - Ca 12.00%

that's the breakdown of the rainbow mix bloom
Trueeee gotcha

Top Bottom