Wee Zard

To answer a previous question.
Seasonal

Aloha,
Wee

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

Aloha Wee,
When I was in college in Pennsylvania in 1976, my “connection” was getting all kinds of exotic buds like Thai Sticks (trippy), Acapulco Gold (one hit wonder that tasted like hash), and several Hawaiian varieties that were green with red hairs and were so incredibly tasty and strong. The HI buds went for $200/oz (big bucks) in 1976. Wondering if you’re aware of such quality stuff on the big island in these modern times. If so, I’ll plan a return trip to the BI ASAP. Went there 4 years in a row in mid winter from 2015-2018 and the best I could find was mediocre homegrown. How’s the medical buds these days?
Mahalo

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I don't know if its the same companies, but the medical here is skank. Good flavor for most of it but they have no idea how to grow without couch-lock.
The potency is not as good as homegrown either.

Neuro

Neuro

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.
I don't know if its the same companies, but the medical here is skank. Good flavor for most of it but they have no idea how to grow without couch-lock.
The potency is not as good as homegrown either.
Yeah. I was really surprised. The last time I was there, the friend I stay with in Hilo had me bring a shit ton of vape cartridges for some of the medical patients they know.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Yeah. I was really surprised. The last time I was there, the friend I stay with in Hilo had me bring a shit ton of vape cartridges for some of the medical patients they know.
I know. How crazy is that? We have some incredible growers here and the dispos hire someone with no clue.

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Dispensary buds are a disappointment.
Their top shelf is our average growers mids.
Between that and odd tastes, (Serenade, permitted pesticides, and I don't know whatall), it's not worth half what they charge.
How-some-ever, killer buds abound from growers, and I grow a couple one hit and quit kines myself.
So you almost have to live here to get blessed with da bess.

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

Too bad good Hawaiian buds don’t get out of the islands. I once got a seed from some killer red haired Hawaiian bud in the mid 1970s. The seed was speckled and was easily 3 times the size of the Columbian around at that time. I planted the seed in my backyard (permissive parents) in southern PA and it was about 10 ft tall and maybe 20 ft diameter by mid August and ready to go nuts flowering. Had to climb up on the roof to get a good pic (long lost) but word got out and a local neighborhood kid sawed it down one hot night when my AC unit prevented me from hearing theft. Jerk got away with at least 15 lbs of useless leaf and broke my heart. If any HI growers have a lead on top Hawaiian seeds for 2022 grow season please message me.

Ulua

Ulua

The strongest weed I ever smoked was from outdoor big island. This was about 20 years ago in about 2002. Don’t know much about it, but I remember it looked like shit, smelled ok, and was hard to smoke cause it was so resinous. But it was a better smoke than anything else I have ever got my hands on in my life, hands down.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

The strongest weed I ever smoked was from outdoor big island. This was about 20 years ago in about 2002. Don’t know much about it, but I remember it looked like shit, smelled ok, and was hard to smoke cause it was so resinous. But it was a better smoke than anything else I have ever got my hands on in my life, hands down.
I do not care for couch lock unless I can't get to sleep. I've way too much to get done to be sitting around drooling all day.
Everything here has couch lock so we had to grow our own.

L

Lai_Zeus

Brand new to this site, I wish I found out about this site earlier! It probably would have avoided a lot of headache. How do you stop the mold during flower? Hilo rains and I have an outdoor tent like you but the mold at the end takes away a lot of good buds.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Brand new to this site, I wish I found out about this site earlier! It probably would have avoided a lot of headache. How do you stop the mold during flower? Hilo rains and I have an outdoor tent like you but the mold at the end takes away a lot of good buds.
We have to keep the tent open all day with tons of airflow. It's the simplest way.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
We have to keep the tent open all day with tons of airflow. It's the simplest way.
not an islander, but from the Great Northwet, and a big fan of a breeder that is now on the islands and found his claim to fame in the region I'm in; it comes down to genetics. You need to be growing lines that are highly resistant to mold. Lines that are OK with being soaking wet, being abused by winds, and high humidity with shit temperature differentials.

I've no benefit from promoting him, but @Dragonsflame produces some of the most resilient shit I've ever seen. They take stress, humidity, fucked up heat to cold, wet to dry, nutrient toxicities to deficiencies like a they were made for it. Check him out. He's on the islands and has an epic lineup.

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

I grow on my lanai mostly in a 5' x 10' dog kennel with a roof.
Oct 24

Usually have 3 or 4 girls outside the kennel exposed to UV and rain. The kennel has free air flow. Oddly. I get more bud rot, and molds in the dry bud gang. So, clean rain rinses off spores and a roof allows bud-worm moths protection when laying eggs at night. (I find most bud rot is caused by bud-worm poop.)
Clean, slightly acidic rain, is nature's way to curb rot/mold. Think I'll go out tomorrow morning and spray the roofed harem with tap water. The trace of chloramine should take out/wash off mold spores and poop. Tap water deactivates stray pollen, and they'll dry by night fall.

On couch lock.
Time is money to commercial growers so they tend to grow plants that ripen fast. >8 weeks.
Most of those are couch lock.
Sativa kine can take 16 weeks to ripen here. But UP, it will get you.
I have some early harvest Sativa kine that I call "Working weed". One hit and it's full speed ahead for the next 6 hours.

Jus' two pennies,
Weeze

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I grow on my lanai mostly in a 5' x 10' dog kennel with a roof.
View attachment 1203918
Usually have 3 or 4 girls outside the kennel exposed to UV and rain. The kennel has free air flow. Oddly. I get more bud rot, and molds in the dry bud gang. So, clean rain rinses off spores and a roof allows bud-worm moths protection when laying eggs at night. (I find most bud rot is caused by bud-worm poop.)
Clean, slightly acidic rain, is nature's way to curb rot/mold. Think I'll go out tomorrow morning and spray the roofed harem with tap water. The trace of chloramine should take out/wash off mold spores and poop. Tap water deactivates stray pollen, and they'll dry by night fall.

On couch lock.
Time is money to commercial growers so they tend to grow plants that ripen fast. >8 weeks.
Most of those are couch lock.
Sativa kine can take 16 weeks to ripen here. But UP, it will get you.
I have some early harvest Sativa kine that I call "Working weed". One hit and it's full speed ahead for the next 6 hours.

Jus' two pennies,
Weeze
What island you stay? We are getting ready to move and not planning on taking tents and stuff.

Kick you in the okole sativa. That's my favorite. Me and couch lock only agree at night.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

The trace of chloramine should take out/wash off mold spores and poop.
I never heard this. It sounds right in as much as water washes away a lot of issues, but have you any studies on the effects of chloromine on mold?

Top Bottom