HB 1250: Edible Cannabis Medicines to Be Outlawed in Colorado

• Thread starter RMCG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sky high

sky high

After reading HB1250 (somewhat confusing, but brief just the same) it appears that this change only deals with licensed edible producers of food products under HB1284...not those folks who are using "edibles variances" under Amendment 20 (which is an entirely different and questionable legal matter...LOL)

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Those fucking edibles manufacturers are putting their fucking mass produced weed on the street at $1,500 a lb!!!!!!!!!! They have license to produce unlimited quantities and they are killing the market for the rest of us. I say fuck em', and the Dispensaries, too. I've been growing and vending in this state since 1999, and longer than that elsewhere, and I've never had trouble getting rid of product... now, every harvest it's a price war, today I was told the price is down to $2,500 a piece on a 4 pack..... for the first time in my life I came back home with all the weed I left with.... I just couldn't couldn't do it..... but sooner or later I have to pay my bills, and I guess I'll end up biting the bullet....... I PLACE THE BLAME ON THE FUCKTARDS AT THE CAPITOL.... prior to 1284 and the Dispensaries I didn't have this problem, so screw them, they can all die. If you want edibles, buy my weed and make them yourself!

sky high

sky high

Amen, bud! It's big time drug dealing at everyone else's expense, plain and simple.

Folks say we can't go back to pre-1284 but those folks forget that the VOTERS could easily get sick of all of this and demand another vote to repeal MMJ in CO altogether....

so yes...fuck their 500 plant grows and their investment losses. There is no guaranteee in >any< business venture, assholes. You are the only people in history who have had a monopoly for well over a year on thier industry...so feel fortunate...even as they lock the door cus you really weren't competing in >reality< anyway...

what a trip it would be to see the lawmakers led away in cuffs by the DEA for setting up such a huge drug production and distibution ring...huh?

it's time to take it all back! (to the streets if need be)

s h

M

mendel

Hi there, I thought id ruin your day by letting you know the weed the edibles folk are selling is mostly California outdoor. Its true........:confused0054:

Melizzard

Melizzard

Hi there, I thought id ruin your day by letting you know the weed the edibles folk are selling is mostly California outdoor. Its true........:confused0054:

I just KNEW there was a reason I didn't do edibles! ROFL!

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
I just KNEW there was a reason I didn't do edibles! ROFL!

You'll always get the kind bud, Mel... regardless of whether there's a Dispo in Woodland Park, or an Edibles Manufacturer..... :) On the bright side of things, it's probably gotten cheaper for the legit patients, so at least someone is winning something!

Melizzard

Melizzard

Awwwwww ((((((((((((((((((((Bud!))))))))))))))))) Yes, thanks to you bunch of awesome individuals, I know that's the case ... that's why I doan need no steenkeen deespeensareeee!!! I only like to walk in them, now and again, to see the latest and greatest product ideas. ;) But I certainly have no need for them!

sky high

sky high

Still $360 a z at the "Centers" here....Bud..... >including State tax, of course<.

but don't despair, kids.... very soon you'll not only get to pay (at least) street price for your meds, you'll get to have your portrait taken for no extra charge on every visit!

true grit

true grit

Thinks folks are bit off base in some aspects here. Its not edible growers flooding the market with cheap bud dropping prices... its the massive optional/offsite grows with shitty growers, shitty weed and large quantity that are bringing down the price. I mean seriously, have ya looked at the weed for $2500/lb...it pretty much looks it.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Thinks folks are bit off base in some aspects here. Its not edible growers flooding the market with cheap bud dropping prices... its the massive optional/offsite grows with shitty growers, shitty weed and large quantity that are bringing down the price. I mean seriously, have ya looked at the weed for $2500/lb...it pretty much looks it.

Actually, for the edibles guys.... well, $1500 divided by $5.00 is 300 brownies. So, can you make 75 brownies out of a QP? Not that will get you buzzed....... so, there is plenty of incentive to put the stuff "on the street...."

sky high

sky high

When yer working with unlimited plant counts and hundreds of pounds....um...can we all cry together for their hardships now?

wot a mess...

s h

R

RMCG

When yer working with unlimited plant counts and hundreds of pounds....um...can we all cry together for their hardships now?

wot a mess...

s h

I thought the DOR 'seed to sale' regs would have ~solved~ all of these problems...

:)

Oh wait, government 'rules' backfired? Ha. When will they learn?

:evilgrin0040:

I haven't read this bill. What is the reasoning they are looking to get rid of edibles?

K

kuz

I thought the DOR 'seed to sale' regs would have ~solved~ all of these problems...

Ya, we are so much better off than prior to 1284, so glad they stepped up and fixed things.

Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of Colorado:
SECTION 1.
12-43.3-104 (9), Colorado Revised Statutes, is2amended to read:3
12-43.3-104. Definitions.
As used in this article, unless the4context otherwise requires:5(9) "Medical marijuana-infused product" means a product infused6with medical marijuana that is intended for use or consumption other than7by smoking, including but not limited to edible products ointments and8tinctures,
BUT DOES NOT INCLUDE A FOOD OR BEVERAGE PRODUCT THAT
IS INGESTED BY ORAL CONSUMPTION
. These products, when manufactured10or sold by a licensed medical marijuana center or a medical11marijuana-infused product manufacturer, shall not be considered a food12or drug for the purposes of the "Colorado Food and Drug Act", part 4 of 13article 5 of title 25, C.R.S

If that is it and all of it, I think we overreacted a bit, still no clue what the point of the bill is.

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

Don't waste ANY time worry or thinking about his bill. It has a snowballs chance.

The Medical Societies will be out in force to prevent edibles from been illegal. Obviously for the non-smoking health factor. Their opinion, alone, will sink this bill.

I will not think about this piece of mold again.

R

RMCG

Ya, we are so much better off than prior to 1284, so glad they stepped up and fixed things.

Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of Colorado:
SECTION 1.
12-43.3-104 (9), Colorado Revised Statutes, is2amended to read:3
12-43.3-104. Definitions.
As used in this article, unless the4context otherwise requires:5(9) "Medical marijuana-infused product" means a product infused6with medical marijuana that is intended for use or consumption other than7by smoking, including but not limited to edible products ointments and8tinctures,
BUT DOES NOT INCLUDE A FOOD OR BEVERAGE PRODUCT THAT
IS INGESTED BY ORAL CONSUMPTION
. These products, when manufactured10or sold by a licensed medical marijuana center or a medical11marijuana-infused product manufacturer, shall not be considered a food12or drug for the purposes of the "Colorado Food and Drug Act", part 4 of 13article 5 of title 25, C.R.S

If that is it and all of it, I think we overreacted a bit, still no clue what the point of the bill is.

So suppositories and ointment/creams are out.

Did someone cram a brownie up the hoohaa or something?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Although I agree with you sky high, thats only half the problem. We all need to be back in activist mode. I know some folks up in Lyons going through this in their back yard. A group of about 20 people that are all church goers that represent less than 1% of the community are making noise trying to ban centers and caregivers. About 90% of the town is against them and supports cannabis in general, but good luck getting most of those folks to show up at the meetings, or to make a big noise. It only takes 1% of the community that are usually christian conservatives to make a big noise and legislation gets pushed in their favor, mostly because of group think and ignorance.

If we really represent the majority, we have to make it known.
This.

Apathy gets no one anything and gets nothing done. Campaign to get these high-fivin' motherfuckers OUT of office, make noise like you care, get others to make noise like they care. Otherwise.... tromp, tromp, tromp.

monkeybone

monkeybone

Bonez
Supporter
This.

Apathy gets no one anything and gets nothing done. Campaign to get these high-fivin' motherfuckers OUT of office, make noise like you care, get others to make noise like they care. Otherwise.... tromp, tromp, tromp.

<--- high 5's seamaiden,.. tromp, tromp ,.. tromp

true grit

true grit

Actually, for the edibles guys.... well, $1500 divided by $5.00 is 300 brownies. So, can you make 75 brownies out of a QP? Not that will get you buzzed....... so, there is plenty of incentive to put the stuff "on the street...."

Don't know what edibles you be eating or what they be using! lol. We are talking real edible companies with credibility, not mom and pop joints that will be outta biz once regs hit. Is there incentive? Sure. But the legit folks aint doin that. Its the mmc's with shitty grows doing so.

wot a mess...

s h

Dont give em that much credit SH...ha.

R

RMCG

Unfortunately they extended the moratorium. They should have left it up to the market to decide who stays and who goes, not outright deciding who can play the game...

Top Bottom