heat

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

20cent seed packs from Walmart. Perhaps a little late on the tomato, but with the right cloche or greenhouse, who knows???

I just can't stand to see a good plant go to waste. Nevermind that I don't have time to mess with seeds.

K

kolah

Excess temps, plant survival versus indoor and outdoor? For one, I think the strain can make a difference. I also think that in extreme high temps (inside or out) the stamato (breathing holes in leaves) shut down completely and growth slows....and sometimes growth comes to a complete halt and needs more time just to recover (indoor or out) I saw this in my greenhouse grows when temps popped over 100 my plants stayed alive but stopped growing. So maybe its possible that some plants will survive the hot temps but they just take longer to finish. And other strains that don't dig high temps will wither and die. Summing things up, my plants "survive" per say but they stop growing in extreme temps. I wonder how a true S. American Equador strain world do indoors in a very hot indoor environment ( say like an old skool Pananma Red, Columbian Gold, etc) As in S America, the longer growing season helps as well (or an extended indoor grow cycle)

It would be a cool experiment to grow the same strain (clones) and put some outside in extreme temps and put some indoors in extreme temps...and keep RH close to the same.

I have no real experience growing indoors so maybe others will chime in.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

I just can't stand to see a good plant go to waste. Nevermind that I don't have time to mess with seeds.

That extra step of pushing it in the ground with your finger is a real trial....
At least you don't have to worry about males sprouting with tomatoes :)

ttystikk

ttystikk

That extra step of pushing it in the ground with your finger is a real trial....
At least you don't have to worry about males sprouting with tomatoes :)

It's the finding space THAT'S NOT ALREADY FULLY UTILIZED GROWING OTHER STUFF that's the real chore, not tapping the seeds down!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I'd think you'd notice it in the buds if it were say 105 in late Aug or Sept when they are in full swing...Also the media not heating up as much, or swinging in temp, may have a little to do with it???

Yep I think thats exactly it.
It's Not so hot when they are finishing...and roots stay cooler in the ground and deep beds

bevin

bevin

HEAT!!!! This is lame, just went out to the hoophouse and 5 of my plants were wilted bad. I watered and sprayed to gain humidity, they have bounced back a little bit but fan leaves are gone on some, and had to cut whole branches off others. Hope my ladies are ok.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
HEAT!!!! This is lame, just went out to the hoophouse and 5 of my plants were wilted bad. I watered and sprayed to gain humidity, they have bounced back a little bit but fan leaves are gone on some, and had to cut whole branches off others. Hope my ladies are ok.
What a shame. Hope they rebound.
Just checked my house got up to 120, thanks to Solex plants look great.....

K

kolah

Summer in CO, two fires close to me...here we fucking go again. Big winds ain't helping either.

dirk d

dirk d

Hell i just added another 2 1/2 ton AC to my OP lol it hit 88 the other day lol not in colorado though..

bevin

bevin

What a shame. Hope they rebound.
Just checked my house got up to 120, thanks to Solex plants look great.....

Yes they have rebounded! Thank the gods!! Whats solex? my white widow took the worst beating but she is still goin strong.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

That's one hell of a hoop house. Look like they used 5x the piping of your average one. Though, you probably don't want a hell of a lot of play with that covering applied?

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
That's one hell of a hoop house. Look like they used 5x the piping of your average one. Though, you probably don't want a hell of a lot of play with that covering applied?
Greenhouse 001

Heres how we did it

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Man, I need one of those, the problem is, I have plenty of acreage, but no flat spot to put it.... I need to get a bid from an excavator to make me some flat spots on the side of the these steep-ass mountains.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Man, I need one of those, the problem is, I have plenty of acreage, but no flat spot to put it.... I need to get a bid from an excavator to make me some flat spots on the side of the these steep-ass mountains.

Or rent a dozer if just leveling it, still expensive, but maybe cheaper than outsourcing it. I'd check with your local farmers, someone's going to have a D4 or bigger for rent.

But if it's steep enough, may be safer to have someone else do it :)

Johnny Redthumb

Johnny Redthumb

i think plants handle the heat better outdoors because of the surrounding ground, but also because they are more in their natural elements. cannabis sativa is a tropical/equatorial plant. same reason they can herm indoors from a surge protector switch, but won't herm outside under a bright ass full moon. they understand the natural cycles and its supposed to be hot in the summer.

putembk

putembk

So far my basement has stayed fairly cool. Just now hitting 70 which means I have been able to keep the flower room well under 80. Luckily this morning went down with my morning coffee like always just to check in. First thing I noticed was it was way to quiet. My fricken exhaust fan wasn't running. Damn timer went out overnight. Fortunately I had just gotten back from the hills from a quick fishing trip and the light hadn't come on yet. Can't imagine what would have happened with the light on and no exhaust running. Temps would have gone over 100 as well as the humidity. My lucky day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom