heat

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

I'd think you'd notice it in the buds if it were say 105 in late Aug or Sept when they are in full swing...Also the media not heating up as much, or swinging in temp, may have a little to do with it???

@Sky: It's hard to justify the AC, except for those rare few days when a mister or swamper isn't doing it.

The day a swamp cooler is REALLY inadequate in Nederland is the day the World will end. It's too damn dry up there for them not to work!

ttystikk

ttystikk

So far my basement has stayed fairly cool. Just now hitting 70 which means I have been able to keep the flower room well under 80. Luckily this morning went down with my morning coffee like always just to check in. First thing I noticed was it was way to quiet. My fricken exhaust fan wasn't running. Damn timer went out overnight. Fortunately I had just gotten back from the hills from a quick fishing trip and the light hadn't come on yet. Can't imagine what would have happened with the light on and no exhaust running. Temps would have gone over 100 as well as the humidity. My lucky day.

The humidity would have helped protect your plants from the heat. Dry heat is a lot harder for them to tolerate than damp, muggy, hot conditions.

putembk

putembk

More fires, more heat and no humidity. I hate to see Colorado like this. Love summer but seems like this is the new norm. Looks like the Deckers area is going to get it again. More ash and sediment in the river. The ecosystem hadn't had time to recover from the last fire. Saw a guy throw a lit cigarette out of his car window yesterday, Wondering wtf some are thinking.

vaporedout

vaporedout

More fires, more heat and no humidity. I hate to see Colorado like this. Love summer but seems like this is the new norm. Looks like the Deckers area is going to get it again. More ash and sediment in the river. The ecosystem hadn't had time to recover from the last fire. Saw a guy throw a lit cigarette out of his car window yesterday, Wondering wtf some are thinking.
since i quit smoking i notice that a lot. i remember throwing a cig out on the highway at night and watching a fireworks show.,never once stopped and though about that happening until i saw this

vaporedout

vaporedout

Problem I've always had with 'Elite' cuts...LOL.

My solution, make sure my pheno selection tent has plenty of light leaks. Weed out the weak the way farmers have for centuries before genetic manipulation.
i just read your post and that explains so much. i had tape over the top of the light but didnt tape over the sides of the switch. i had a bad case of herms for 2 grows. even standing in that room for 20 minutes in the dark and i couldnt find that leak, even draped that zebra paper over the outside of the room to kill any leaks.

Dorje

Dorje

So far my basement has stayed fairly cool. Just now hitting 70 which means I have been able to keep the flower room well under 80. Luckily this morning went down with my morning coffee like always just to check in. First thing I noticed was it was way to quiet. My fricken exhaust fan wasn't running. Damn timer went out overnight. Fortunately I had just gotten back from the hills from a quick fishing trip and the light hadn't come on yet. Can't imagine what would have happened with the light on and no exhaust running. Temps would have gone over 100 as well as the humidity. My lucky day.

Check out the CAP overtemp protection and 15 min delay timer, it could save your crop for $60! I put it in line with the timer.
http://www.amazon.com/C-A-P-HLC-3e-Temperature-Shutdown-Minute/dp/B001ODUGO2

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
You guys gotta watch the movie chasing ice on netflix instant watch. It will blow your mind and then make you depressed. It's really good.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
ttystikk

ttystikk

99 here today. It isn't dropping below mid to upper sixties overnight, so I can't cool the house.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
100 daily, were used to hot summers greenhouse temps 125 plants love it thanks again sol;ex..
Swamp cooler keeps house nice and cool. trick is to get chores started by 530am done by noon or so then come inside nice brunch, do some wife breeding, nap, then out again around 6 when it cools off a little

sky high

sky high

It was 90-95F in happy valley yesterday. Definitely warm for the hills....and warm enough for me. :D My room full of ladies are sittin at 73 days...so while it's not >perfect<, a few warm cycles at this point isn't gonna make it or break it either way. By the time the next cycle finishes in another 10 weeks or so, we'll be on the downside of "Summer"..so no worries here. Dunno how you FR's do it. (oh yeah, A/C) Yikes. That must suck ass. Can't even imagine it....

stay cool...and high, kids!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Today
clear.gif
108 °F
Clear
Tonight
nt_clear.gif
73 °F
Clear
Tomorrow
clear.gif
106 | 77 °F
Clear
Sunday
clear.gif
109 | 75 °F
Clear
Monday
partlycloudy.gif
111 | 79 °F :eek:
Chance of Rain
20% chance of precipitation

Tuesday
mostlycloudy.gif
104 | 77 °F
Mostly Cloudy

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Death valley is supposed to be up to 134 degrees this saturday!Well over 100 yesterday and hotter today here,106 tommorow and 108 sunday,july and august are gonna be crispy.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

99 here today. It isn't dropping below mid to upper sixties overnight, so I can't cool the house.
When you heat your house with your grow, it sure does make summer a little harder for the waterboy.

Top Bottom