• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Happy 4th everyone!
9:45 am..92 degrees already... The forecast is 109, but, it Just Rained in my garden!! :)
It rains everyday in my garden now..some days 3 or 4 times
:D
Thanks for the excellent tip Ty Stick! The plants love it!:woot:

The best cure for powdery mildew is- you're not gonna believe this- regular foliar spraying with heavy, drenching doses of water.

between the heat and my spraying...there anit no PM in my garden ;)

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

If I have pm I always just burned sulphur in the room, then used a bt spray, if veg...
But I learned if I don't take in clones, I don't get pm...This phenomenon that somehow appeared in CO around 2009...
::|:/ those disease mills...

putembk

putembk

I have heard, correct me if I am wrong, that if you get seeds from a plant that had pm the seeds carry the pm as well. I therefore assume everything has pm and take the necessary precautions to prevent an outbreak. Don't know anything about outside grows but I don't have a problem with pm in my tent. Running at 74 degrees and 52% rh during the day.

Natural

Natural

I have heard, correct me if I am wrong, that if you get seeds from a plant that had pm the seeds carry the pm as well. I therefore assume everything has pm and take the necessary precautions to prevent an outbreak. Don't know anything about outside grows but I don't have a problem with pm in my tent. Running at 74 degrees and 52% rh during the day.

There is nothing in literature anywhere , that I can find, to back this up..believe me I've looked. The only possible notion is that the exterior of the seed casing itself or packaging may contain PM spores. I agree it is a very common species and we should take precautions as if it were a constant threat. The addage..an ounce of prevention..

Johnny Redthumb

Johnny Redthumb

i think my outdoor is out for the count this year .they took a beating with last week's wind and hail and got attacked by wild animals. the heat is torching em too. next year gonna start early with a greenhouse.

vaporedout

vaporedout

Happy 4th everyone!
9:45 am..92 degrees already... The forecast is 109, but, it Just Rained in my garden!! :)
It rains everyday in my garden now..some days 3 or 4 times
:D
Thanks for the excellent tip Ty Stick! The plants love it!:woot:

between the heat and my spraying...there anit no PM in my garden ;)
ive been misting them in the am and in the evening along with waterings, they are quite happy to have a little relief from the heat

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

I have heard, correct me if I am wrong, that if you get seeds from a plant that had pm the seeds carry the pm as well.

I've heard a lot of things about pm, but, as always, separating fact from bullshit isn't easy. Not sure what to believe with pm, basically, because once I stopped accepting clones, I stopped seeing it.
I've heard it's systemic, but then again, since it's a fungus and they are terribly efficient at producing spores, I think it may be more a re-surfacing of a problem than a systemic problem, causing people to think it systemic because their is no way their exhaustive cleaning could have missed some microscopic spores. But not sure either way.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
ive been misting them in the am and in the evening along with waterings, they are quite happy to have a little relief from the heat

I sprayed my plants at 230 in the afternoon yesterday..it was 108...
The plants are really loving it!

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

The best cure for powdery mildew is- you're not gonna believe this- regular foliar spraying with heavy, drenching doses of water.

unfortunately, this is not the case for other molds. Botrytis is alot more depressing than PM and alot worse for you to smoke as well.

edit to add- botrytis can handle outdoor CO, I haven't heard of anyone getting PM outdoors here unless they're in a greenhouse that's got bugs and increased humidity.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

I have heard, correct me if I am wrong, that if you get seeds from a plant that had pm the seeds carry the pm as well.

i think its more or less if a strain has susceptible traits they will get passed on from the parents. like heart problems with humans and shit.

i have a buncha seeds done in the same run and the golden goat crosses got hit with PM hard, nothing else though. (in seedling not in flower)

putembk

putembk

Hmmm...am I just lucky or what? When I first started growing in the basement I instantly got pm. Used all sorts of products to fight the stuff. Completely threw out two grows. Then started using products that don't fight the stuff rather than keep it dormant. Now, not only do I not see it I don't even think about it. The topic comes up all the time and am wondering if I am just lucky or is what I am doing effective.
I don't grow from seeds I always get cuts/clones from various sources and always assume they carry the pm virus. If products like caps beanies work, why is there a problem with the stuff.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

i had PM pretty bad my first time in a basement.... i always just go back to fundementals...

plant PH/room temp/humidity. swings in those will make that shit come out like inoculated spore cakes lol

vaporedout

vaporedout

another grower here said that some old growers secret is that he waters the whole plant throughout the day, even with buds. so i tried it a few times and didnt get little burn holes so i just kept on going with it. i can see the relief in the fan leaves when they get sprayed. but i still spray my tea at night so it doesnt burn.

vaporedout

vaporedout

i had PM pretty bad my first time in a basement.... i always just go back to fundementals...

plant PH/room temp/humidity. swings in those will make that shit come out like inoculated spore cakes lol
and ventilation

vaporedout

vaporedout

kinda a given, if you had no ventilation your RH and temps would skyrocket
kinda like common sense though :) in almost every PM thread i see just that. RH is too high, solution.... ventilation. when i did indoors i didnt spray (simply because of PM) but outdoors, im sprayin like a moFo.

Zonkerly

Zonkerly

Inside with a swap cooler
ALL EVERYTHING 002
Outside in direct sun light , ignore the times, they aren't set !!
ALL EVERYTHING 004

Top Bottom