Heavy 16 Product review

• Thread starter nightmarecreature
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
demoman1347

demoman1347

Why is it on every Oc out on the net there is always someone who runs a SS and bitches that nutes are shit, or someone runs Aptus and tons of people start the bull shit parade? I think if you run a SS then you evidently think every nute on the market is whack compared to SS, yet noone that grows more than a closet full uses a SS. Can someone explain to me the validity of someone using a SS to stick thier knose in on a nute thread and throw a punch or 2? Just seems full on retard to me.
What exactly is a "SS" ?

R

redlife215

Yes that's kinda what u wanna do. There are alot if organic nutrients in the soil that take longer then one run to become available. And the microbes and fungi have been already colonizing in the soil so that's a plus too. Just add some more high nitrogen guano or something to give it back fast acting soluble nitrogen it lost du ring ur last run

demoman1347

demoman1347

Thanks bud, how important is it to remove all the roots ? Another thing is the spent pots with just the stalk were stored outside and did freeze in this cold snap were experiencing, bad, good or doesn't matter ? Thanks again

R

redlife215

I wouldn't want the soil I was going to reuse to freeze but I doubt it will do much harm to anything bit the beneficial life in the soil. The nutest will be fine, and just remove the root ball and try to get the big clumps of roots out water with a aact teas and enzymes and u will be fine. That's what I do with my coco beds

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I'm super curious about the top dress nutes. Gonna have to give Bryce a call and talk to him about that. I know there is also an enzyme product in the works, but it will probably be a while before it comes out as Bryce is mad scientist and wants it perfect before he releases it.

I have used the foliar ever since it came out, and will be giving the secret recipe a shot tonight. I also use Finish as per recommended. From what I understand it's mostly just Fulvic. The original Fire was the bomb. One of my best runs came from it. When he changed it I started having alot of foxtail issues. While I have switched over to Veg+Bloom as my base, I would have to say H16's base is pretty damn solid. I just got tired of wasting water making RO. Prime is a great product, I just hated what it does to the sides of my barrels. Pretty sure Prime is chock full of silica @nightmarecreature, so you may want to drop the silica. Give Bryce a call. I know it has a lab developed microbial food in it. I love Prime for tea's, but I stopped running it when I made the switch to V+B.

demoman1347

demoman1347

"aact" tea, sorry but not familiar with that word or acronym, beings that you are helping me answer these questions I happen to have another one I am running mainly and I organic operation I started cheating with some big swell I wonder how detrimental that is that and I also use a little enzyme product, I'm just trying to increase my yield a bit. Also plan on doing a 7 to 10 day flush is that necessary? Thanks again

T

toquer

What ratio of veg to bloom do you use? Or does it change throughout the life cycle? I've toyed with the thought honestly but haven't set it in motion.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Heavy 16 foliar is a nice product. I use it at 30ml liter from early veg until 2 weeks into flower. Gives leaves a nice sheen and has improved deficient plants for me before. Thinking of giving the whole line a try.

GreenintheThumb

GreenintheThumb

There is zero silica in the line, he's against it. Uses cascading calcium sources instead. It's pyro clay that makes the stuff work so well and what you're likely seeing gunk up your rez.

Thought it was strange that he recommends to foliar the root product.

He said he was most proud of his Foliar so the OP might want to give that a shot.

Bryce walked my grow today and seemed pretty nice. Was very impressed with the resin content on my New Millennium grow. He didn't even try to talk me into changing. Just wanted me to try the Foliar.

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

They do list silica in Prime, it's not much though.

The humics tend to seperate out with too much air in the res w/ H16. This can definitely add to a gunked up res. Bryce convinced me to stop airating so much and my tanks have behaved a lot better since. Also it keeps the reaction from happening in the res and hopefuly it happens in the soil. I keep the air pumps on timers now, 1 minute on every 20 mins.

Foliar is a great product. One thing that I've found though is it can be hard to foliar with other products when using H16 Foliar. It really coats the leaves and I like to rotate through a few different foliar mixes during the week. One mix I use last week of veg through week 2 of flower is fasilitor, massboost and fire @ .5-1ml/liter of each, shit blows up.

GreenintheThumb, it will be interesting to hear your thoughts on Foliar if you do end up trying it. I've always enjoyed checking out your projects over at IC, we have very similar styles. I did just give NM a go and I do think it's a pretty solid line. Yield was down quite a bit from my usual H16 runs but I've been running it for years now and have my own nuances.

GreenintheThumb

GreenintheThumb

I think the only silica he uses is natural and from the pyro clays. He was mocking the need for it, said you only need it if you don't have enough calcium.

I'll let ya know what I think on Foliar for sure. Not trying to hype up NM in a Heavy 16 thread but I did think it was kind of funny he acted like he had never heard of it. I was like, you know who Neil Watson is man. Bryce's dad and Neil worked on a farm together years and years ago. This is a small industry, everyone knows everyone. I'm a do a whole run of the complete line at a smaller grow I run so I'm excited to try it. But once you're super dialed it's kind of like what's the point, why go through the learning curve again. I'll likely find NM better and you'll likely find H16 better. Ain't no thing, they're both way better than most of the dutch bullshit out here.

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

Yep, agreed. You'll have to get used to a little different EC going in and out. That's where I am lacking w/ NM. Runoff is getting high @ 1000 with NM imo, where as w/ H16 1200-1300 is just fine depending. You will get a lot more stretch week 1-3 w/ H16 so account for that. Also they'll feed like crazy durring stretch on H16. I feed highest durring week 1-3(1200-1250) then drop it down to 950 for the rest of flower. To be honest, you'll get more salt build up w/ H16 so you may want to flush for longer at the end and more intermittent light feeds. You know whats up obviously, just some differences I've found for my system.

I hate to say one line is better than the other in general. Anyone who knows their shit and has their environments dialed can get decent results with almost any line out there. Still there is a learning curve with everything.

It's the indian not the arrow :)

velocity

velocity

I stepped in this on a rant. I have been using H16 have had great results with it, I thought Canna was better and heavy for me just runs so much easier and also a bit more yeild. Nice not having to buy cal/mag and deal with another bottle. I do add some moab week 5 and 6 but do run entire line with Orca. The last couple posts just want to say RERESHING to hear 2 people use differant nutes, both hi quality, have dialed in on the nute and strain,and both said same thing, its time with the plant IF its a good nute to begin with, both proboly achieve the same results.

Reason I use Orca and not great white is because I do not like to add trich to my coir. I know its a matter of wich the grower prefers, reason I do not like trich on indoor is that it coils around the mycos and strangles them, uses them for a host for food. Outdoor yes I want trich to take out the compition in the soil, indoors using coir to me I dont use trich.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I've recently switched to Heavy16 and I'm running it with RO water and without pHing it. Bryce wispered in my ear not to pH it. Anyone know what's up with that ?

He said it works better if you don't pH it. And the prime has silica in it for sure.

Peace.

OGONLY

OGONLY

As I stated earlier in this thread I used Heavy 16 for a few rounds. Actually, went through 2 gallon bottles each of the Bloom A and B. Ran Fire along with it as well until I decided I got better results coupling it with Big bud and later Overdrive. I was satisfied, but not overjoyed with it. Got good results for sure.

However, I recently gave AN's newish Sensi bloom A and B coco formula (im in coco) a run and results were noticeably better. My OG and Sour D look very similar (slightly better looking) to how they did with Heavy 16. The Girl Scout Cookies came out way better looking though. I mean WAY better. I scrapped the GSC thinking it was a fake and now wish I had not. It looks real deal after running it with Sensi. I still don't think what I ran was real deal GSC but it passes as some serious dank grown with Sensi. Couldn't say that running it with Heavy 16.

The Sensi is much cleaner and much more PH stable in the res. I ran it at 3/4 the recommended dose and couldn't be happier. Hey, I'm no AN superfan, but this stuff produced some jewelry quality nugs, and big ones at that.

Top Bottom