Heavy 16 User Superthread

• Thread starter Ever after
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Danked

Danked

IMG 1758
IMG 1757
Here's some Cataract Kush (DNA Genetics) that I've been using some Heavy 16 additives with. Ran H&G coco base nutes for the first time, and some H&G additives.. but I've experimented with adding Heavy 16 Prime and Finish throughout and with the flush, as I mentioned above. I definitely notice a spike in trichome production and aroma since starting the prime/finish flush....

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Yo fellow Heavy 16 users... I got another question: I'm in the final week flush on my plants, and I glanced at the "Heavy 16 Advance Feeding Chart" that I had saved on my laptop. In there, it says: "
Flushing notes below.
Final Flushing:
To flush, drain reservoir 4-7 days from finish. Fill with fresh water. Add Final Phase at a rate of 2tsp. per Gallon.
Add Nutrient. Raise TDS to 500 ppms. Run for 1-2 days. Drain Reservoir. Repeat process (add Final Phase)
and run until fruit is ripe. One a day until last flush which runs for 2 days."

I'm in coco, using Prime and Finish for the final flush, with RO water. Then PPM/TDS is ~100 (.2 EC) after I add the 2 'additives'. Then I PH the solution to 5.8. What I'm confused about is it says "Raise the TDS to 500".... ? I'm trying to remove the "D.S."s (dissolved solids) out of the medium, am I not? Why would I want to raise the PPMs in the solution? Thanks.. -D

The Advanced Feeding chart is old.....before Bryce had developed FINISH, among with other products. The way you are using things is fine in coco. A rdwc user may want to run 500 ppm during the last week because there isn't really anything stored in the medium like there is in coco.

Danked

Danked

The Advanced Feeding chart is old.....before Bryce had developed FINISH, among with other products. The way you are using things is fine in coco. A rdwc user may want to run 500 ppm during the last week because there isn't really anything stored in the medium like there is in coco.

Thank you for the quick reply Celtic...greatly appreciate it. In your opinion, do you think I should give em a dose or two of straight water (RO) with no prime/finish before I harvest? PH/not PH'd ..? ...I'm just not sure if I should run em both (prime/finish) all the way up til chop or at least one (hand-fed) dose of straight water...(or even tap like Gamrstwn36 mentioned)

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Thank you for the quick reply Celtic...greatly appreciate it. In your opinion, do you think I should give em a dose or two of straight water (RO) with no prime/finish before I harvest? PH/not PH'd ..? ...I'm just not sure if I should run em both (prime/finish) all the way up til chop or at least one (hand-fed) dose of straight water...(or even tap like Gamrstwn36 mentioned)
Personally I run prime at 1ml and Finish at 10ml (I swing my ph everyday) until the last day. Then right before lights out I give them straight RO. I do this because I stretch my harvest out over a 3 day time period and only turn on the overhead flouro's so we can see what we are doing. I used to not give them the last dose of water and by the end of a harvest my plants would be drooping bigtime.

There is a lot of debate on how to properly flush. I just know that using finish I get smooth smoke and white ash.

S

stealth96

Just got my heavy 16 nutes. Making the switch from advanced and bought the whole lineup. I got the new Fire, anyone killing it with the new formula? I know alot of people like the old better, anything I can add in addition to make it more like the old? I still have a litle big bud and overdrive left aswhile as some bud blood. I also have hygrozyme and sensizyme, should I add those. I did hygrow in veg and sensi in flower when running advanced. I'm thinking of the new fire moab combo, What do yall think?

S

stealth96

Thanks slumdog!!! I ordered my stuff from growitbig after seeing you post about them. Cheapest anywhere by far, but they hit you with a large S&H fee unless you order $2900, then it's free. Still cheaper anywhere with the fee. Gota free T shirt and stickers with my order!!! LOL

kushdoctor

kushdoctor

Just got my heavy 16 nutes. Making the switch from advanced and bought the whole lineup. I got the new Fire, anyone killing it with the new formula? I know alot of people like the old better, anything I can add in addition to make it more like the old? I still have a litle big bud and overdrive left aswhile as some bud blood. I also have hygrozyme and sensizyme, should I add those. I did hygrow in veg and sensi in flower when running advanced. I'm thinking of the new fire moab combo, What do yall think?

Use the bud blood week 1-2

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

I

I also use cannazym . And thinking about quitting the use of cal + mag cuz I think it might be locking it up sometimes . Wish Bryce would chime in on this thread from time to time with a little info. Although I could just call he answers calls and emails

Drop the CaMg with H16, you'll be happy you did.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I

I also use cannazym . And thinking about quitting the use of cal + mag cuz I think it might be locking it up sometimes . Wish Bryce would chime in on this thread from time to time with a little info. Although I could just call he answers calls and emails

Bryce is working on an Enzyme product now....but we probably won't see anything for at least a year. You don't need cal/mag at all with H16. The veg is so chock full of cal and mag it is ridiculous.

I run cannazyme during veg at double dose to get the old roots from my last run to start breaking down....then I cut it when I move my plants into the flower room and rely more on my weekly tea doing the job.

d3cryption

d3cryption

anyone runs heavy 16 fire early ( week 1 and 2) at 2ml per gal..?

As an old gh user, I'm loving heavy 16.... at first I hated the price, but currently its looking like its worth it...

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
anyone runs heavy 16 fire early ( week 1 and 2) at 2ml per gal..?

As an old gh user, I'm loving heavy 16.... at first I hated the price, but currently its looking like its worth it...
If your following the Feed chart you start Fire the Last Week of VEG, I use Fire last week VEG all the way to final week in Flower.

d3cryption

d3cryption

Im at 12 ml per gal bud a and b. 1 ml floralicous plus per gal...

Im going to order the map and mkp this week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom