Helicopters with Infra-red cameras - should we be worried?

• Thread starter John Smith Esq.
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

John Smith Esq.

Anyone know how that compares with the much cheaper thermal shield mylar, etc?

Seems they do the same thing?

Also, do ballasts (outside the GR) show enough heat signature to worry about?​

no idea buddy, ive had my eye out for an infra red camera i can borrow for yonks but it seems no one in the world bar police forces own them and last i checked they dont do loaners.

i cant imagine there the same though else why would companies charge two-three times more for the special stuff? apparently that C3 film was developed by the military, but so was G13....allegedly, not sure how true that is but if its true it'd be a lot higher grade than mylar, which is essentially laminated foil with a white paper backing. coincidentally therma-foil loft insulation is a pretty cheap alternative and this coupled with a layer of mylar would probably be very similar to C3 material. more effective or not? - i wouldn't like to guess.

also corrugated cardboard is a very good insulater. obviously its water absorbent so cant be used on its own but as an under layer its excellent.

lights give off ten times the heat (wild estimate) than ballasts do so unless you have the ballast mounted to or directly next to an external wall that isn't insulated then maybe if the filth had a really expensive IR camera. but i would think the risk is minimal at best.

exhaust vents, neighbours and friends are a much higher risk.. which is why i got rid of all my neighbours and friends. (Jk'in about that last bit)

Peace

S

Smotpoke

I have my heat exhaust vented into the Flue that my woodburner uses to heat my house and water. Any excess heat will escape through the chimney.

nebulius

nebulius

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:arc:video:spike.com:c3584fed-0e2b-409c-8c1d-4e08b4b689df" width="512" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b><a href="http://www.spike.com/video-clips/zvj6nn/dea-inside-the-dea-airwing">Inside the DEA: Airwing</a></b><br/>Tags: Inside the DEA: Airwing</p></div></div>

Top Bottom