Hello folks. New here. Need help

• Thread starter chad43764
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chad43764

chad43764

I'm from Ohio, am working on a tight budget. I've taken soil from our garden a few days ago and filled a big tote a third of the way. Then I took promix and mixed it with it. Promix to help add volume. It has coco coir perlite and few other things. It's organic but I'll be more specific if I need be. I have Dr earth tomato and veg as well as bloom. Both organic. Additionally, I have Fox farm liquid concentrate kelp n grandma molasses which was listed to be a little low n potassium but actually the bottle reads higher.

I have 600watt full spectrum led, 4'x4'x80" grow tent, five gallon fabric pots, n garden scape top soil. Carbon filter tbs and pH meter with a basic understanding.

I was gonna mix a certain amount of bloom n veg and worm casting to my soil mix. I'm growing mimosa auto flower. And with the rest of my promix and some top soil I was gonna fill fabric pot with soil mix first then promix n top soil mix and seed. Water until it gets bigger n then add kelp n molasses every two weeks. What u folks think? Can you help me? Thank you

chad43764

chad43764

I'm from Ohio, am working on a tight budget. I've taken soil from our garden a few days ago and filled a big tote a third of the way. Then I took promix and mixed it with it. Promix to help add volume. It has coco coir perlite and few other things. It's organic but I'll be more specific if I need be. I have Dr earth tomato and veg as well as bloom. Both organic. Additionally, I have Fox farm liquid concentrate kelp n grandma molasses which was listed to be a little low n potassium but actually the bottle reads higher.

I have 600watt full spectrum led, 4'x4'x80" grow tent, five gallon fabric pots, n garden scape top soil. Carbon filter tbs and pH meter with a basic understanding.

I was gonna mix a certain amount of bloom n veg and worm casting to my soil mix. I'm growing mimosa auto flower. And with the rest of my promix and some top soil I was gonna fill fabric pot with soil mix first then promix n top soil mix and seed. Water until it gets bigger n then add kelp n molasses every two weeks. What u folks think? Can you help me? Thank you
I'll post pics if need be but thing is all my materials are not here. I have majority of the stuff but not all. I can at least work on the soil for now however. Thank you

GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
What's ur thoughts on watering with proper pH water and every few weeks water with molasses and kelp? Thank you
Your plan sounds good. The kelp especially will help. I haven't used molasses so I'm not sure results on that.

GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
But if it doesn't prosper well at that range, I'll try dropping it. Could I add some pine needles to everything to help combat nitrogen spikes?
I've not heard pine needles...I'm gonna look that up. But in your research you came across this?

chad43764

chad43764

I've not heard pine needles...I'm gonna look that up. But in your research you came across this?
Yeah. I actually took some tap water higher pH and bottled water lower pH added pine needles to both and within a few hours the pH dropped in both. Didn't test ppm just pH.

GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
Yeah. I actually took some tap water higher pH and bottled water lower pH added pine needles to both and within a few hours the pH dropped in both. Didn't test ppm just pH.
Cool! Hell yea pine needles work. I mean in tester conditions. Not sure if it's gonna work in grow. But it ought to then.

Top Bottom