Hello folks. New here. Need help

• Thread starter chad43764
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chad43764

chad43764

I got a system where I double filter my tap. Once and a while I ph that to make sure it's steady but organic lemon juice is a natural down and baking soda is a natural up. I havent used either in a couple years to adjust. Ph adjusters aggravate me but whatever just use phosphorus in fucking everything 🤦‍♂️ dumbass industry. Anyways jkash info is legit ✌
Good one brosky. Lemon juice is also a antibacterial agent or inhibitor. I used it n my humidifier reservoir to prevent bacteria buildup. What u think?

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Good one brosky. Lemon juice is also a antibacterial agent or inhibitor. I used it n my humidifier reservoir to prevent bacteria buildup. What u think?
I don't see why not the only thing is it might leave build up in your humidifier as it contains minerals. But if you don't mind rinsing it once and a while I don't see why not

chad43764

chad43764

I don't see why not the only thing is it might leave build up in your humidifier as it contains minerals. But if you don't mind rinsing it once and a while I don't see why not
Good tip. I periodically check it because we have hard water n it tends to get white so I swap filters frequently and rinse. Kids like the faint smell of lemon n the air as well.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Good tip. I periodically check it because we have hard water n it tends to get white so I swap filters frequently and rinse. Kids like the faint smell of lemon n the air as well.
Nice, it's a win win then. I use distilled personally, but I am looking into a Machine because we run through gallons too often.

chad43764

chad43764

Used to do maintenance at a carwash/laundry mat n boss let me get a 55 gal drum. I used it as a dust collector but want to convert into a compost bin. Wanna create an ideal soil for plants. Was thinking on mixing Fox farm happy n ocean forest and then start composting other foods as well as mixing sand humus and so on. I want a good soil especially for white widow. Any thoughts?

chad43764

chad43764

Goodnight folks.
Question
Got photos coming up n humidity dome. They're under a decent light n if not I can move them under better light, but I'm tending to think they'd be n that dome for a little bit. Should I run a light schedule for them or can I keep them under 24hr lights?
Also, I'm running 18/6 on autos now n will eventually throw these photos in there. Can I just throw them directly in there when lights are (off/on) n just cross fingers? Thank you

chad43764

chad43764

Well. Got n update. Know it's been awhile. Need some feedback. Got the two autoflower mimosa at around 35 days old. The one not really full flower is a few days younger. Other little ones r about 18 days old. One of kush feminized is known. Others are random bag seed. Thinking about transplanting one n brownish pot to five gallon soon. Little ones r in fox farm ocean n happy frog. Has had about two compost teas with 1:10 ratio. Autos r n homemade dirt. Bag of hp and garden dirt tossed with Dr earth organic bloom n veg. Has had all three compost teas. What's ur opinions about growth n so forth. Thank you

IMG 20240129 222003928
IMG 20240129 221957148
IMG 20240129 222011180
chad43764

chad43764

haha an engineer as a hobby not by profession or education!

one fan will definitely do the trick, and honestly may not even need it for the little ones in a dome. Heat transfer and convection should give you enough airflow if you have 2 openings. a small computer fan on low set as your exhaust (blowing out away from the plants will create a bit of airflow in a little space, but there is a formula used to calculate the CFM needed.)

The more bends in your ducting, or filters in your line, the more power needed.
Convection?

chad43764

chad43764

Here's n update on them mimosa autos n other ones. Got n og kush n 3 gal fabric final. Little ones are like week four veg. Gonna transplant two. One from tote n one from 2 gall to possibly 3 -5 gallon. Now look at those mimosa. One is like week five (2 week flower) and the other started flowering a few days ago but stretched like crazy. In addition, u notice anything about them two?

IMG 20240206 132519706
IMG 20240206 132511786
IMG 20240206 132502836
chad43764

chad43764

Here's n update on them mimosa autos n other ones. Got n og kush n 3 gal fabric final. Little ones are like week four veg. Gonna transplant two. One from tote n one from 2 gall to possibly 3 -5 gallon. Now look at those mimosa. One is like week five (2 week flower) and the other started flowering a few days ago but stretched like crazy. In addition, u notice anything about them two mimosa autoflowers? I'll wait until I see if someone can see it.

IMG 20240206 132519706
IMG 20240206 132511786
IMG 20240206 132502836
chad43764

chad43764

Since nobody guessed. I'll tell you. That plant is same strain, but got a hold of the pipe.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Nice job illustrating why it's important to ensure soil stays moist. So should I keep it moist with spray bottle daily?
Thanks. Sorry I didn't see your question sooner.

Whether you should or not is up to you. Not having completed testing, I shouldn't recommend this method and I don't want to mislead anyone.

I spray once or twice a day. I measure the soil moisture with a probe and check the color of the soil. The color of moist soil is dark brown, and dry soil is light brown. Digging down with a finger is an indicator, too. There's also some guesswork involved.

My plants are in early veg in 5-gallon pots. I started with a well-moistened soil mixture. So far, it's working, but it may not work as well as the plants transpire more. I spray about two ounces of water each time. That doesn't add up to nearly as much as a routine watering would be when the plants are fully grown. I have noticed, however, that the humidifiers don't run as often, and it has been easier to keep VPD within the optimal range.

My main reason for trying a different watering method has been an interest in creating an optimal environment for the mycorrhizae in the soil.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Used to do maintenance at a carwash/laundry mat n boss let me get a 55 gal drum. I used it as a dust collector but want to convert into a compost bin. Wanna create an ideal soil for plants. Was thinking on mixing Fox farm happy n ocean forest and then start composting other foods as well as mixing sand humus and so on. I want a good soil especially for white widow. Any thoughts?
That's similar to what I've been doing, except I use plastic storage bins. I have three: One for soil that's ready to use, one for soil that's been used and one for mixing. I began with a mix of FFHF and FFOF and then added earthworm castings, rice hulls, coco coir, perlite, etc.

When starting a new grow, I move enough soil for the grow from the first bin into a mixing bin and add amendments. I don't have a specific ratio. I just mix till it looks good. When I mix, I don't add nutrients. I use 5-gallon pots, so I use 5-gallon buckets from Lowes to measure out how much soil I need. I mix slightly more than I need to use for top dressing nutrients.

After a harvest, I put the just used soil in the used soil bin so it can compost and get ready to be mixed and used again. Sometimes I add defoliated leaves and other organic matter.

While composting, I stir it occasionally and check the moisture level.

chad43764

chad43764

Thanks. Sorry I didn't see your question sooner.

Whether you should or not is up to you. Not having completed testing, I shouldn't recommend this method and I don't want to mislead anyone.

I spray once or twice a day. I measure the soil moisture with a probe and check the color of the soil. The color of moist soil is dark brown, and dry soil is light brown. Digging down with a finger is an indicator, too. There's also some guesswork involved.

My plants are in early veg in 5-gallon pots. I started with a well-moistened soil mixture. So far, it's working, but it may not work as well as the plants transpire more. I spray about two ounces of water each time. That doesn't add up to nearly as much as a routine watering would be when the plants are fully grown. I have noticed, however, that the humidifiers don't run as often, and it has been easier to keep VPD within the optimal range.

My main reason for trying a different watering method has been an interest in creating an optimal environment for the mycorrhizae in the soil.
Thank you brother. Great post. I generally use the finger method tbh. I've found it a decent indicator. But for small plants I do like the circle, but I'll saturate everything outside my circle (promote root growth) and it works great.

chad43764

chad43764

That's similar to what I've been doing, except I use plastic storage bins. I have three: One for soil that's ready to use, one for soil that's been used and one for mixing. I began with a mix of FFHF and FFOF and then added earthworm castings, rice hulls, coco coir, perlite, etc.

When starting a new grow, I move enough soil for the grow from the first bin into a mixing bin and add amendments. I don't have a specific ratio. I just mix till it looks good. When I mix, I don't add nutrients. I use 5-gallon pots, so I use 5-gallon buckets from Lowes to measure out how much soil I need. I mix slightly more than I need to use for top dressing nutrients.

After a harvest, I put the just used soil in the used soil bin so it can compost and get ready to be mixed and used again. Sometimes I add defoliated leaves and other organic matter.

While composting, I stir it occasionally and check the moisture level.
Thank you again. I definitely appreciate the tip about keeping ur compost moist. What % u generally try to maintain? Thank you

chad43764

chad43764

Sorry I haven't posted anything. Me n family has been sick... influenza A. Sucks so bad, but thanks for prayers n God's help we getting through. It was rough, especially on our little man. He's doing much better now thank God.

Top Bottom