Hello . I need help dry best mode

• Thread starter Weedolae
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Blazein1

Relax. If he can dish it out than he can take it. He used goul language first and was rude. We welcome all but we're not punching bags and shouldn't have to tolerate abuse from anyone.
Ok I stand corrected. I have asked so many dumb questions and struggled with no answer , even after I have searched to no avail. And I’ve never been stoned while searching for answers 😵‍💫

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

For what it's worth. I say it never hurts to ask the same question again. You might get a new take on things.

It's either (go use the search function bonehead...) but then if you add a question to that old thread it's (good job reviving an ancient thread bonehead...). You're damned if you do and you're damned if you dont. The internet is for communicatin.

Weedolae

Weedolae

20220411 111739
20220411 112048
20220411 112230 01

Weedolae

Weedolae

I keep it to dark room. With air fan for take all smell . . How much time to keep there after to move to bottle glass for keep smeell and savor ?

Weedolae

Weedolae

And leafes how to keep its for . Have a good smell when I prepar hashish ?

E9noxis

E9noxis

If you could get the Rh up to 60 that'd be good. I think 30 is too low

Weedolae

Weedolae

Problem solved. How much time to keep them to dry în this condițion?

Kungpow420

Kungpow420

3-4 days aproximative is good ? With humidy 50-60
There is really no specific time . It is when the branches have that snap but doesn't completely break off. If you keep the temp ans humidity constant. You will not need to keep it in jars curing foe long.
When I dry I keep it at 60 and 60 if temp rises I let the humidity drop 5 % just for a safety net, but once they are done drying if you use this method your nugs should be cured and dry.

Weedolae

Weedolae

There is really no specific time . It is when the branches have that snap but doesn't completely break off. If you keep the temp ans humidity constant. You will not need to keep it in jars curing foe long.
When I dry I keep it at 60 and 60 if temp rises I let the humidity drop 5 % just for a safety net, but once they are done drying if you use this method your nugs should be cured and dry.
Thx alot sir.

TSD

TSD

I'm gonna have to disagree there... curing and drying are separate processes, drying doesn't cure, being in an enclosed space, such as a jar, draws the inner moisture out and gives you even moisture content and that's when the smell and taste really develop. I don't consider my weed cured until it spends at least a month in a jar or grove bag. I finish drying in paper bags, which does start the curing process, but that alone isn't enough to cure, in my opinion.

Kungpow420

Kungpow420

I'm gonna have to disagree there... curing and drying are separate processes, drying doesn't cure, being in an enclosed space, such as a jar, draws the inner moisture out and gives you even moisture content and that's when the smell and taste really develop. I don't consider my weed cured until it spends at least a month in a jar or grove bag. I finish drying in paper bags, which does start the curing process, but that alone isn't enough to cure, in my opinion.
Ummm if you use a drying tent and keep it at those settings and your nugs will be dried and cured .
If you are drying a plant and you get a snap at 10 days then you dried them way to fast yes you have to cure in jars.
Because you over dried the outside and your stalks still have alot of moisture in the center of the nugs.
The method I explained is the same way they dry and cure tobacco, and if the industry can use this method they would, but it isn't cost effective . Man job for a big industrial grows is get the product out as quick as possible
10 days for drying is 2 quick for a drying period, and that is why you have to cure in jars.
Hints why when you are curing you still want to watch the humidity and temp keeping it at 60 and 60.

TSD

TSD

Ummm if you use a drying tent and keep it at those settings and your nugs will be dried and cured .
If you are drying a plant and you get a snap at 10 days then you dried them way to fast yes you have to cure in jars.
Because you over dried the outside and your stalks still have alot of moisture in the center of the nugs.
The method I explained is the same way they dry and cure tobacco, and if the industry can use this method they would, but it isn't cost effective . Man job for a big industrial grows is get the product out as quick as possible
10 days for drying is 2 quick for a drying period, and that is why you have to cure in jars.
Hints why when you are curing you still want to watch the humidity and temp keeping it at 60 and 60.
If you say so. I'm just going by my own personal experiences. In my climate, with a heater, fans, and dehumidifier to keep it at the right levels, around 5-7 days hanging and a couple additional days in bags, it's perfect, and then goes on to cure. I also wet trim and hang by the arm. Obviously if you're hanging whole plants, it takes much longer. I don't do whole plants because I usually wash my harvest, it's always covered in dust and pollen and bugs that I don't want to smoke. I don't use a tent because I grow outdoor... I have a whole garage full lol. Taste and smell always improves over time (to a certain point) in my jars... maybe I'm just old school.

Kungpow420

Kungpow420

If you say so. I'm just going by my own personal experiences. In my climate, with a heater, fans, and dehumidifier to keep it at the right levels, around 5-7 days hanging and a couple additional days in bags, it's perfect, and then goes on to cure. I also wet trim and hang by the arm. Obviously if you're hanging whole plants, it takes much longer. I don't do whole plants because I usually wash my harvest, it's always covered in dust and pollen and bugs that I don't want to smoke. I don't use a tent because I grow outdoor... I have a whole garage full lol. Taste and smell always improves over time (to a certain point) in my jars... maybe I'm just old school.
Old school yes, but then again your key factors at what you said. Outside and a garage. I dry 3 to 5 plants tops. I am at an elevation of 10k so I run a dehumidifier and a humidifier. I don't need heat at all. I don't need to wash my nugs I don't have bug problems, and all that other stuff.
Again reread what said I might not be cost effective for you.
Yet I don't sell nothing ,and I will let my nugs sit in my tent from 14 to 21 days slow drying .

The biggest question have you tried it? Sounds like you never tried a drying room/ tent . Get a small tent and set up one. Throw a few branches and slow dry them. I promise you will sing a different note.
Even more so there is an industry building building around this concept, but it really is not blowing off the ground because the industry is turning into big corporations. Where they don't care and only want to throw out the most amount of bud the quickest way imaginable.
I am not trying to argue I am just trying to back my points .
I can google and post all the information on it. From small
Drying tents to the industrial mill vans.(train cart boxes)
Like I tell people 10 day drying and curing is like smoking a swisha compared smoking a true Cuban which they use humidors.
Peac and love keep growing homie

TSD

TSD

Old school yes, but then again your key factors at what you said. Outside and a garage. I dry 3 to 5 plants tops. I am at an elevation of 10k so I run a dehumidifier and a humidifier. I don't need heat at all. I don't need to wash my nugs I don't have bug problems, and all that other stuff.
Again reread what said I might not be cost effective for you.
Yet I don't sell nothing ,and I will let my nugs sit in my tent from 14 to 21 days slow drying .

The biggest question have you tried it? Sounds like you never tried a drying room/ tent . Get a small tent and set up one. Throw a few branches and slow dry them. I promise you will sing a different note.
Even more so there is an industry building building around this concept, but it really is not blowing off the ground because the industry is turning into big corporations. Where they don't care and only want to throw out the most amount of bud the quickest way imaginable.
I am not trying to argue I am just trying to back my points .
I can google and post all the information on it. From small
Drying tents to the industrial mill vans.(train cart boxes)
Like I tell people 10 day drying and curing is like smoking a swisha compared smoking a true Cuban which they use humidors.
Peac and love keep growing homie
I have used a regular pop tent on years I only grew one or 2 plants to have a smaller environment to control. And it's not just a garage, it's the attic of my garage that I've sealed and basically made into a drying room. I wash because I have allergies to pollen and dust and if I don't I can't smoke without needing a damn zyrtec... and even on years I don't have any pest issues, there is plenty of nasty shit including unfortunate bugs that landed on my sticky icky in the wash water. I can't wash and hang full plants because they would go to mold before drying. I would argue unwashed vs washed outdoor is a huge difference in smoothness as well. It's usually around a week plus hanging for the big buds and 3 or more days in paper bags (until it reads around 60 rh on the meters) at 50-60 rh and 62 degrees. I usually blast a fan at them for like an hour after washing to shake the water off. Every nug is different, dense tops take longer, small lower shit that will be butter takes a few days, I go by feel. I would not consider how I do it fast drying. I have friends that blast 85 degree air into a Coleman tent for 2 days and call it a day lol. All I know is I was trimming, washing drying and burping for a solid month last fall lol. I tried grove bags for the first time and those are a game changer. I don't sell either, might help out my pops and his friend, but usually I have more than I could possibly use and give it away to friends or make edibles for gifts. I'm a gardner at heart, I just like making shit grow big lol.

Top Bottom