HELP. Can’t tell what’s happening..

• Thread starter Skidoo850
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Skidoo850

First timer here. Week 4 of flowering (I think) I can’t figure out if it’s Nute burn or a deficiency of some sort…. Tips are all brown at the top but not bad below. Temp is 73, light is right at about 800. I’m pretty sure it hasn’t been overwatered. I always check for dry soil. PH I have it at 5.7. Any suggestions and directions I should take would be awesome!!!
Thanks!

Help  cant tell whats happening
Help  cant tell whats happening 2
Help  cant tell whats happening 3
S

Skidoo850

What are you doing feeding-wise? Have you removed all the fan leaves....

What kind of light do you have at what power and how much distance above the plants?
I’ve used the micro 1 time in the last 5 weeks. Somewhere around the start of flowering. Rest I follow the directions mixing with 1 gallon every 3 days.

Lights I had up 22” on power 6.5. I just lowered them today to get that 800 range, turned up to 9.5.

Fan Leaves I did not remove All of them but I did remove a lot of them. 🤷‍♂️

IMG 9737
IMG 9738
ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

Just reading the plants, I'd guess that it's overwatered (texture and thickness of the leaves), overfed (burned tips, feeding every three days), and overlit (edge curl, tacoing, twisting). I don't know what media you're in, but if I'm in amended soil (like Fox Farm, for example), I'll only feed a few times for the entire grow.

S

Skidoo850

Just reading the plants, I'd guess that it's overwatered (texture and thickness of the leaves), overfed (burned tips, feeding every three days), and overlit (edge curl, tacoing, twisting). I don't know what media you're in, but if I'm in amended soil (like Fox Farm, for example), I'll only feed a few times for the entire grow.
I use the coco stuff from menards!

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I’ve used the micro 1 time in the last 5 weeks. Somewhere around the start of flowering. Rest I follow the directions mixing with 1 gallon every 3 days.

Lights I had up 22” on power 6.5. I just lowered them today to get that 800 range, turned up to 9.5.

Fan Leaves I did not remove All of them but I did remove a lot of them. 🤷‍♂️
Could be 0verfeeding and/or light too close. Removing the fan leaves could exacerbate the overfeeding problem, and other than the old/bottom ones or very select cutting, you're better off leaving the fan leaves.

Bringing the Ph up is a good idea, the problem is if you've overfed it's best to address the root cause. And I would raise the height of the light.

S

Skidoo850

I’ve saw low ZN leaves can look the same but I don’t know. I’m lost. 🤣

Mothman

Mothman

Could be 0verfeeding and/or light too close. Removing the fan leaves could exacerbate the overfeeding problem, and other than the old/bottom ones or very select cutting, you're better off leaving the fan leaves.

Bringing the Ph up is a good idea, the problem is if you've overfed it's best to address the root cause. And I would raise the height of the light.
I’m pretty sure it’s had too much light for a while.

S

Skidoo850

I have that photo tone app, isn’t the light suppose to be around 800ppfd Whatever the hell that means? 🤣

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

I have that photo tone app, isn’t the light suppose to be around 800ppfd Whatever the hell that means? 🤣
The right amount of light is the amount the plants can handle. A big, healthy plant might finish at 800 ppfd, but that's something you find out, not something you force on the plant. I just try to keep my plants happy, with flat, level leaves that aren't running away from the light. When they're still praying in the last hour before lights-out, I bump the intensity up a little. If they curl, twist, taco, canoe or do anything else that looks like they're trying to reduce their surface area, I turn the lights down.

DJK12

DJK12

Check the ph level of your soil if you can as well, and the runoff of your water after you water. Watering with that low of pH for a while might have dropped the soil down, if so easy fix. Just adjust the pH a little higher next watering to average it out if needed.

S

Skidoo850

The right amount of light is the amount the plants can handle. A big, healthy plant might finish at 800 ppfd, but that's something you find out, not something you force on the plant. I just try to keep my plants happy, with flat, level leaves that aren't running away from the light. When they're still praying in the last hour before lights-out, I bump the intensity up a little. If they curl, twist, taco, canoe or do anything else that looks like they're trying to reduce their surface area, I turn the lights down.
I guess I just followed this when I bought the lights..

IMG 9740

Latest posts

Top Bottom