HELP. Can’t tell what’s happening..

• Thread starter Skidoo850
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DJK12

DJK12

I believe he said he is using coco, but despite what the catalog says you have to go with what the plants can handle. Always takes a little adjusting especially when you start varying into different strains.

S

Skidoo850

I believe he said he is using coco, but despite what the catalog says you have to go with what the plants can handle. Always takes a little adjusting especially when you start varying into different strains.
Yes sir. I’ll tone the lights down! Thanks for your time

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
First timer here. Week 4 of flowering (I think) I can’t figure out if it’s Nute burn or a deficiency of some sort…. Tips are all brown at the top but not bad below. Temp is 73, light is right at about 800. I’m pretty sure it hasn’t been overwatered. I always check for dry soil. PH I have it at 5.7. Any suggestions and directions I should take would be awesome!!!
Thanks!
Looks like more than one issue, probably overdoing things. It happens to all of us

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
It probably is! 😫. Sounds like about all I can do is less light and go with just straight water and hope they grow. Just seem to be growing very freakin slow!
You will be surprised how well they do just turning the light down and using water only, especially if you back off on the watering. It's not uncommon to go a few weeks without watering for indoor veg.

Pilted

Pilted

When testing the ppfd range first make sure you clean your camera, a dirty camera will lower the true reading, also point the camera directly at the light to get proper reading. Then remember the the 500-1000 ppfd recommendation is only a suggestion and each plant will require its own sweet spot. Finicky plants might not be able to even handle 500 some will handle 1100, it's just a general guide. If you have a secondary phone try testing with that one as well to see if you get same results, not all phone are equal and if possible best to check readings on different types of phones to make sure the one you use is working properly.

T

TinFoilHat

If coco...look into coco hempy buckets. Or dtw is fine too. Just prefer buckets myself. I use Maxigrow full tsp scoop seed til flower. Then you can either continue to use Maxigrow til harvest, or just do 50/50 grow/bloom and maybe just bloom in the end if you want. Add floralicious plus at 1ml once you see flowering begin. Easy peasy. Using tap water btw.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Cool. I only grow in dirt, but may change my next grow. I just finished 8 plants in my 4x8, and 3 autos in a 4x4. Need a break..
That's a lot, I'd definitely take a break and enjoy what you've got then think out the next grow. Enjoy ✌

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
The right amount of light is the amount the plants can handle. A big, healthy plant might finish at 800 ppfd, but that's something you find out, not something you force on the plant. I just try to keep my plants happy, with flat, level leaves that aren't running away from the light. When they're still praying in the last hour before lights-out, I bump the intensity up a little. If they curl, twist, taco, canoe or do anything else that looks like they're trying to reduce their surface area, I turn the lights down.
Wonderful advice

S

Skidoo850

If coco...look into coco hempy buckets. Or dtw is fine too. Just prefer buckets myself. I use Maxigrow full tsp scoop seed til flower. Then you can either continue to use Maxigrow til harvest, or just do 50/50 grow/bloom and maybe just bloom in the end if you want. Add floralicious plus at 1ml once you see flowering begin. Easy peasy. Using tap water btw.
I’ve been using reverse osmosis water, then obviously adjusting pH. I live in town where the water is crap so we have to have filtration system.

S

Skidoo850

When testing the ppfd range first make sure you clean your camera, a dirty camera will lower the true reading, also point the camera directly at the light to get proper reading. Then remember the the 500-1000 ppfd recommendation is only a suggestion and each plant will require its own sweet spot. Finicky plants might not be able to even handle 500 some will handle 1100, it's just a general guide. If you have a secondary phone try testing with that one as well to see if you get same results, not all phone are equal and if possible best to check readings on different types of phones to make sure the one you use is working properly.
Yeah, I use that phone app and then it said put a white piece of paper around the camera to make it more accurate so that’s what I did

Latest posts

Top Bottom