Help diagnose- clones wilted in ez-clone aeroponic

• Thread starter Jumpingspider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

doesnt sound promising and like the reason for your troubles. how many times have you hear take only clones from healthy moms
Yeah for sure. These are the clones I took from that same mom about 9-10 days ago. Not perfect but they were the top branches with all the AUXINS.

My thesis is that this is the reason why they failed. Not enough hormones in the branches yet.

Lesson learned for sure. I've always done rockwool and I've done it about 6-7 times I'd guess

20230125 150704
deerock

deerock

What kind of water did you use in the cloner? What temp is the water? I had same issues with my aeroponic cloner first try. The next time I used tap water (instead of RO) and kept the clones in bit cooler environment with weaker lighting and they all did great. Maybe I kept things more sanitary, maybe it was the water temp?

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

I gave them some misting and try to keep the humidity high and temp below 80f and they perked right up. Thanks for all your help!

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Can you post a pic of the wet ends, or are you past all this now?

This is how I use an aero cloner:

Day 5

I'll get off my lazy butt and put it into a single thread one day.

nydispense

nydispense

Roots in less than 7 days and you don't need a dome for clone machines!
Domes are old school and you don't need them for these for the machines. I have a few of these machines and at first it was a huge learning curve and I am no longer running into these issues.

A few things to consider when using the machines and I promise you will get the best roots ever.

Temperature of the room and the temp of the water. keep your room at around 75 to 80 degrees with a humidifier on at 55% you can keep it next to the clones. Keep your water cool. Instructions are below.

CUTTINGS - after getting your cuts make sure to scrape the bottom outer layer of stem about 1 - 2 inches of the stem thats going into the res. The cuttings will be able to consume the food through this and the roots will grow strong from that area. Use Clonex rooting gel or your preferred cloning gel.

FEED the water so the clones stay healthy and continue to grow while growing roots - ez cloner 7 gallon 64 site machine gets (Athena but you can use your preferred feed) 10ml CaMG, 50ml Grow A, 50ml Grow B Make sure you stay between 300 to 400 ppm max. Add 6 tbspn of Azos Root Booster. and thats it.
PYTHIUM and SLIME - The worst thing ever!!!!! If you see it add Hydrogen peroxide to your res and pray!!! Keeping your water temps is tough but you have 2 options to growing healthy clones.

1. Keep your pumps on timers you can do the 3 minutes on 5 minutes off (this will delay the root growth by 2 days) or fill up a couple of bottles with water and freeze them, then throw the bottles into the res. to cool off the water, do that 2 times a day. Refresh the res every 4 to 5 days meaning change the water in the res and add the feed again.

2. Don't add the pumps to a timer and add Clear Res solution that is made by the ez cloner company or make your own solution with similar ingredients. Check the water and change it if necessary, I change the water anyway because I am OCD.

Thats all folks, Stay green and pass that!!!!

GrimReffer

GrimReffer

Some plants clone better than others, no dome is needed. I saw it mentioned before but I’ll say it again, you should cut all the tips of the leaves when cloning. Though not necessary it cuts the water demand in the clone and most importantly it promotes root growth much faster. I do a ph of 5.8 and then just a sprinkle of nutrients and let it do it’s thing. Oh and I add h2o2 (hydrogen peroxide) to keep everything clean and sterile.
B46AC574 22AB 4248 8298 20D266A6DEAF
B874FA20 0ABB 4874 B254 5E6FDF5CC26D

nydispense

nydispense

I used to do 200ppm and my clones would get a little yellowing on them. But ever since I went up to 300 to 400 ppm my clones started to pray and grow at the best I ever seen them.... Alot of trial and error and this works best for me so far...

I cut these on Friday this is 6 to 7 days in

Clones 6 days
Clone roots 6 days
Observationist

Observationist

Cuttings sitting in water or being sprayed will take up water, unless blocked or destroyed stem is what I'm thinking.

Otherwise keep the RH up till they do.

Top Bottom