Help diagnose what’s wrong with my girl

• Thread starter Grassgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grassgrower

Grassgrower

maybe overwatering with heat/light stress.

I don’t think I’m overwatering, I’ve really gone with the less is more thing and know that overwatering is a common cause for problems. Heat/light stress could be an issue, not that heat is the problem because I’ve been struggling to keep it warm enough and as a result have been running 24/0 light schedule so possibly too much light. I’ve just sorted some heating in there and today switched them to 20/4 and will soon be switching them to 18/6

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I don’t think I’m overwatering, I’ve really gone with the less is more thing and know that overwatering is a common cause for problems. Heat/light stress could be an issue, not that heat is the problem because I’ve been struggling to keep it warm enough and as a result have been running 24/0 light schedule so possibly too much light. I’ve just sorted some heating in there and today switched them to 20/4 and will soon be switching them to 18/6
well find the rest of that article i sent ya, think it will help in determining what’s wrong.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

PH. PH. PH
Should I say it again. Over looked often, the most common problem. Not sure if it’s your issue but with no statement about it, and no one saying anything I thought I should. Almost all lock out issues happen due to... wait for it.... ph issues. Maybe I’m way off, but my guess is ph swings or continues high ph.

dire wolf

dire wolf

How can you get a diagnosis when most leaf issues include a coloration analasis ?
Like rust , dark green , brown , yellowing etc

Yours is just purple ......

dire wolf

dire wolf

When I did a practice run with the autos I did a mix of soil/coco/perlite and I found the perlite just seemed to come to the top after watering. I also done a couple without coco which turned out a lot better so when I set these up I decided to go fro straight soil. Maybe the perlite would help even if it appears to be just coming to the surface.
Hey grass , just scoop the extra perlite off the top , remix it put it back , i know some of it rises , but when the roots grow into it stays put....
, the perlite will really aid in root health , and most if not all will stay where it belongs , go for less like 20 %
I believe its a good habit.......

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I’m pretty sure there’s no nutes in the soil. Well when I say low I mean nothing most of the time except bio heaven and root juice. They’ve had some fish mix at 1ml/1l on 3 of the occasions when being watered. They are 4 weeks old and have needed water roughly every 3 days, they had bio grow last time I watered (2 days ago) at 1ml/1l and I planned on giving them that each time they are watered now.

Pretty sure you are overwatering (watering too often) and have added too much additives. Roots cant work properly when soggy all the time. Needs a good dry cycle. And i bet there are nutes left in the soil but the plant cant uptake them.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

PH. PH. PH
Should I say it again. Over looked often, the most common problem. Not sure if it’s your issue but with no statement about it, and no one saying anything I thought I should. Almost all lock out issues happen due to... wait for it.... ph issues. Maybe I’m way off, but my guess is ph swings or continues high ph.

In buffered fortified potting soil overwatering alone will acidify the medium. Let it dry and run fresh tap water through and the ph should stabilize.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Hi, can anyone advise on what’s likely to be causing the browning on the leaves? This ones the worst but one of the others have brown spots and another has a tiny bit of brown. The rest seem fine. I’m growing in soil using biobizz nutes with 3X600w + 1X900w + 1X1200w led lights. Thanks in advance for any help given
I think we can agree that the problem has a few causes. In my opinion, it is nutrient overload/imbalance due to the original nutrient content of the Plant Magic Soil. The high nute levels were compounded by overwatering, which caused both Ph issues as well as possible stress from other factors (heat, etc).Added Perlite will still retain a lot of water, but it won't hold enough to drown the roots. Using nutrients with pre-loaded growing mediums can overwhelm some plant strains, while others are fine with it.
The damaged leaves won't recover, but the new growth should be OK.

Grassgrower

Grassgrower

well find the rest of that article i sent ya, think it will help in determining what’s wrong.

Hi I had a good read up on that and I don’t think it’s the problem but am going to go and enamour her properly and report back . Thanks

Grassgrower

Grassgrower

So i guess this means were not getting a daylight photo ?

Yes I’m going to do the photos soon. I was just going to bed when I replied last night. I don’t know where you are but I suspect there’s some time difference. Saying that I’ll be doing a photo without the leds on but the won’t be much “daylight” where they are.

Grassgrower

Grassgrower

PH. PH. PH

Tbh it’s my number 1 suspect but wanted to consult on here first as I’m not an expert. My ph has always been 7-7.3 but reading on other forums was told it’s not an issue in soil. Last time I watered I started biogrow as I plan on giving them this on every watering now and after adding the bio grow my ph was 6.5. I’ve also read that if you do adjust ph using ph solutions it does something to affect nutrient absorption so I’ve been reluctant to do it when internet says there no need and it can actually cause problems. If it is down to ph is it likely to recover now that the nutes are going in and bring the ph down?

Grassgrower

Grassgrower

How can you get a diagnosis when most leaf issues include a coloration analasis ?
Like rust , dark green , brown , yellowing etc

Yours is just purple ......

I understand your struggling to help because of the picture. I will get another one uploaded after I’ve been and examined her properly. I will take some pics of all of them if I can. Thanks for your help and sorry about the pic

Grassgrower

Grassgrower

Hey grass , just scoop the extra perlite off the top , remix it put it back , i know some of it rises , but when the roots grow into it stays put....
, the perlite will really aid in root health , and most if not all will stay where it belongs , go for less like 20 %
I believe its a good habit.......

Thanks I will add perlite next time. I think when I done the mix before it was the coco that caused me problems as coco is treated differently to soil so when it’s mixed I guess I got a bit confused about what I was doing. Because of the problems I just though straight soil this time and didn’t really think about the benefit of perlite.

Grassgrower

Grassgrower

Pretty sure you are overwatering (watering too often) and have added too much additives. Roots cant work properly when soggy all the time. Needs a good dry cycle. And i bet there are nutes left in the soil but the plant cant uptake them.

The soil has always been dry before watering, literally dry as a bone. I always stick a finger in the check they not just dry on the surface. I think most of the watering if I had even waited an extra day there would be Ill effects from lack of water

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The soil has always been dry before watering, literally dry as a bone. I always stick a finger in the check they not just dry on the surface. I think most of the watering if I had even waited an extra day there would be Ill effects from lack of water

Have you tried it? If they start to wilt you can still just water them. I like to wait till a moisture probe reads mostly dry 3/4 down the pot in pottin soil. Even left then they dont wilt they thrive the last dry day.

I had a hard time waiting when my breeder told me i was overwatering.

Grassgrower

Grassgrower

Have you tried it? If they start to wilt you can still just water them. I like to wait till a moisture probe reads mostly dry 3/4 down the pot in pottin soil. Even left then they dont wilt they thrive the last dry day.

I had a hard time waiting when my breeder told me i was overwatering.

Well kind of unintentionally yes. I went in there 3 days since last watering to check if they needed water and was shocked they were absolutely dry as a bone and one in particular was looking really ill. Problem was I’d forgotten to make the water up 24hrs before so I thought do the water leave it rest 8 hours and that will have to do. Well that evening I totally forgot went to bed and didn’t got back until over 32 hours later at which point all of them looked slightly under the weather but the one that didn’t look to great the day before looked basically dead. She is still going and getting better slowly but it was definitely too long for them to not have water. That would have been 4.5 days between water. Not a good result.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Tbh it’s my number 1 suspect but wanted to consult on here first as I’m not an expert. My ph has always been 7-7.3 but reading on other forums was told it’s not an issue in soil. Last time I watered I started biogrow as I plan on giving them this on every watering now and after adding the bio grow my ph was 6.5. I’ve also read that if you do adjust ph using ph solutions it does something to affect nutrient absorption so I’ve been reluctant to do it when internet says there no need and it can actually cause problems. If it is down to ph is it likely to recover now that the nutes are going in and bring the ph down?

So 5.5-6.5 is optimal for cannabis when it comes to nutrient uptake. I prefer around 6 tbh. If your at 6.5 after adding nutes then that’s not bad.... but did you water plain water for some time, at over 7ph? If so you would have been causing lock out that your seeing now....

Grassgrower

Grassgrower

So 5.5-6.5 is optimal for cannabis when it comes to nutrient uptake. I prefer around 6 tbh. If your at 6.5 after adding nutes then that’s not bad.... but did you water plain water for some time, at over 7ph? If so you would have been causing lock out that your seeing now....

Yes it’s about 7.1/7.2 normally straight out the tap. Root juice and bio heaven don’t affect it and the occasional fish mix brought it down very slightly so always been 7 or above. This is the first feed with bio grow and I plan on adding it to every watering from now on which means my ph will be 6.5 without adjusting it. Will it recover from this? Meaning will the lockout be reversed after time with the lower ph? I also added some alg a mic last time as it’s supposed to be good for overfeeding, deficiencies, diseases, or fluctuations in temp.

Grassgrower

Grassgrower

Photos of her with lights off. I also turned leaf on one of photos so you can see other side

96F16AF6 3DC9 4DA9 8DED EF3E3B77631B
8AF0B394 0019 4F2D B0AC FCB53465C303
Top Bottom