Help gaia green amendments soil was pre amended

• Thread starter Masimike88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
You're right, in general. I was focusing on the OP's issues. This isn't a thread about water quality. You're quite correct that some dissolved substances can be bad. I do believe that most water utilities raise the pH above 7.0 to avoid leaching toxic substances from the pipes and surrounding soil. Acidic water may be nice for plants, but is bad for people when pipes have lead content, for example. So, yes, test or get an analysis if there are concerns. Just remember that slightly alkaline water may be okay.
That's fair, I did get a little into the weeds.
Fir years I actually grew with my tap water outdoors and never had a real problem until probably 3 years ago and even then they grew just not great.
Anyways I appreciate the discussion, I always end up learning something ✌

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
watered too frequently and light too close raise it to 36 or so inches and relax on the watering, probably more like every 5 days,..

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
That's fair, I did get a little into the weeds.
Fir years I actually grew with my tap water outdoors and never had a real problem until probably 3 years ago and even then they grew just not great.
Anyways I appreciate the discussion, I always end up learning something ✌
Thanks. I also appreciate discussion and learning. You made some excellent points.

M

MellowRello

I used 3tbsp per gallon which now your info helped no bloom jus all purpose 4-4-4v
The 3tbs per gallon measurement is for gigantic soil beds that you water only the entire life cycle. It's way too much for 3 gallon pot. (3 gallon pots is going to be extremely hard anyway). I've been using GG for a few years now. I'll never try 3 gallon pots again.

1tbl per gallon of 444 is good for seedlings, teens.
When I up pot to final pot, 7 gallon, I do 5Tbl total of 70/30 blend of 444/284, and that's perfect for three week veg in final pot. (Sometimes a booster of 1tbls 70/30 blend half way through the three week veg.) If going to veg longer than that (do not recommend in a tent) do the whole 7tbls (1 per gallon) of 70/30.

Day1 of flower, 5tbls 70/30 again. (1Tbls booster of 70/30 on week 2)
Day 22 5tbls 60/40 blend
Then at week 7, shift to 4tbls every two weeks, 60/40, then 50/50.

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

Had a similar situation was told it was lights my plants didn't get better until I transplanted into new soil

Top Bottom