Help Me Design A New Room

• Thread starter Mitgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sixstring

sixstring

I'm gonna use co2 I'm gonna end up doing 12k watt only so should I just go with the 3 ton mini split and call it a day

Im running 12kw now mostly cooltubes but 5 lights are gavita 750w and i need 4 tons ac to keep temps perfect year round in michigan.its 90f out now and my shit is sitting at 76f no problem.before the gavitas i had 10kw all cooltubes and 3 tons was barely doing the job.
But that said im not in a basement im in a small garage.well insulated but still theres the big door that def lets in some extra btu.so you might be ok in a basement but if it was me i would go to a 3.5 ton or even better 2 x 2 ton units because your room is so long

Doc G

Doc G

That's tough, adding exhaust you'd just be removing cool and warm air. I'd keep it air tight and run c02. Really what you need is either upgrade your split system to a larger unit or add another split to help with cooling.

Yeah i wasn't solid on the idea either, i like the sealed idea as well. I have a small co2 tank set up with controller, but I'm not sure ill be using it at all. The ppm's stay consistently around 900-1000ppm's which is good enough for my liking. Many ppl say oh if its not up to 1500ppm's its pointless but i have seen good results with running less.

I wish adding or upgrading to another split system was an option. Buts its not i spent well over the budget, I'm tapped out at this point. I could possibly get another split system on credit but then i have to get it installed.

It will be sometime before i can upgrade. I can live with the temp fluctuations. When i run 750/825 i have no problem controlling the temps at all.

Doc G

Doc G

1diesel1 what strains are you running next? Im wanting to start a journal too... we seem to have similar set ups, except you a/c is kicking ass .... i was thinking maybe we could start around the same time.... just speculating.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
1diesel1 what strains are you running next? Im wanting to start a journal too... we seem to have similar set ups, except you a/c is kicking ass .... i was thinking maybe we could start around the same time.... just speculating.
Next run is strawberry caugh, blackberry Kush and the Fern. That would be cool I'm harvesting in about 2 weeks. I've got the ladies at week 1 of veg. I'll start the journal about the same time these go to flower.

Tank707

Tank707

If your gonna go mini spit do 2 2.5 ton Mitsubishi mr. Slim mini split. Best on the market. I have a 6'7" ceiling in half my room (built in garage and need to still be Able to open the garage for motorcycles etc.) growing is low quarters is definitely tricky but it's a lot more fun and a lot more work lol I do 24 plants under 6 lights. 4 gal pots on the ground hand water and have a trellis build 30" off the ground and stress train them under the trellis. Most tops reach about 36" off the ground. Gotta top a couple times and run bud igniter the firs 2 weeks of flower to minimizes intermodal spacing and stretch. Definitely a different style of growing. A 5 week veg seems insane to be honest for that ceiling height.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
If your gonna go mini spit do 2 2.5 ton Mitsubishi mr. Slim mini split. Best on the market. I have a 6'7" ceiling in half my room (built in garage and need to still be Able to open the garage for motorcycles etc.) growing is low quarters is definitely tricky but it's a lot more fun and a lot more work lol I do 24 plants under 6 lights. 4 gal pots on the ground hand water and have a trellis build 30" off the ground and stress train them under the trellis. Most tops reach about 36" off the ground. Gotta top a couple times and run bud igniter the firs 2 weeks of flower to minimizes intermodal spacing and stretch. Definitely a different style of growing. A 5 week veg seems insane to be honest for that ceiling height.
I agree mr.slims are the best. I ran a 3.5 ton for 4 years in my flower she never let me down until I moved her to a new location. Then she crapped on me in week 7 of flower. It was used when I got it and was 10 years old.

Tank707

Tank707

The only thing I don't like about the 3.5 ton is its ceiling mount not wall mount. You could do 2 smaller units on walls and eat less room . Just upsize your compressor. Mitsubishi makes a compressor you can run multiple wall units off of. Genius. Is your room already done up and Rollin or still building?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Rolling second run since new. I bagged the split system and went with a 4 ton Carrier unit. I'm very pleased with the results.
The only thing I don't like about the 3.5 ton is its ceiling mount not wall mount. You could do 2 smaller units on walls and eat less room . Just upsize your compressor. Mitsubishi makes a compressor you can run multiple wall units off of. Genius. Is your room already done up and Rollin or still building?
Supply and return are in the back left corner. I would have preferred running duct rite down the middle with registers but I was in flower when mr. Slim failed and was in new veg after last harvest.

Tank707

Tank707

Have you always ran supply and return next to each other? Do you do that for a particular reason? Oh got it. That sucks. At least you have an actual a/c now not a mini split.
I had to literally lay 5' long branches down on their side cuz of my height. But it made every nug a top and I got like 1/4# branches

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Sweet, thanks for reminding me I keep forgetting to put that 90 on supply. As if it would make much difference. Lol
Have you always ran supply and return next to each other? Do you do that for a particular reason? Oh got it. That sucks. At least you have an actual a/c now not a mini split. View attachment 614422I had to literally lay 5' long branches down on their side cuz of my height. But it made every nug a top and I got like 1/4# branches
what you pulling on average per harvest?

Tank707

Tank707

Between 450-550 grams a light depending on strain. You should duct your stuff as far away from each other as you can to sweep the fresh air across your canopy. I run 600w though used to run 1000 but usually do 600. I've noticed quality is better on 600w vs 1000w and it's mainly person for me and a few patients that have been working with me for years.

M

Mitgrower

I have another question guys I'm gonna be running 2 rows of 6 1k lights is a 1100 Cfm fan pushing thru each row of lights enough to cool the lights down I will also have 4 ton ac unit

M

Mitgrower

Also the run will be about 50 feet from inlet thru lights to the outlet

Tank707

Tank707

A fan can suck better than it have your fan at the end and pull through all your lights filters etc. you'll be fine having 4 tons of ac

Doc G

Doc G

@1diesel1

If you don't mind me asking, whats your avg veg time? and top out height? and whats your yields like?

Doc G

Doc G

Decided to direct my question here. Would greatly appreciate If any humble peoples wouldn't mind providing your expertise if you come across this post.

In a 11x11x8 room looking to jump start here quickly. The plan is to cut veg time down due to height restricts, will experiment with some scrog in certain areas of the room.

Running (4) 1k.w double ended open fixtures , which is why i want to cut veg time down due to 8ft ceilings.

Canopy area will be 8.5x8.5. Wanting plants to top out at 2.5ft min. 3.5ft max sweet spot being 3ft.
If planning to veg for 1- 2 week max. How many plants per light, entire canopy to accomplish adequate yields.

I have been going back in fourth between 6-8 plants per light but I'm thinking its not enough for such little veg time.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
@1diesel1

If you don't mind me asking, whats your avg veg time? and top out height? and whats your yields like?
Veg time 6-8 weeks, height 3-6 feet depending on strain. I veg and flower in 20 gallon pots. Yield in the first run in new room 2 1/4 pound per light I run 4 gavitas with 12 plants. This second run I'm hoping 2 1/2 p. My goal from the beginning is 3 p per light.

Doc G

Doc G

oh my ..... i can't wait to get on your level my dude, we have some different parameters for sure.... i don't think i could ever get up to 6 ft in height with the restricted height I'm in... unless i do some major scrog training of course it can be done.

In due time.

Tank707

Tank707

You beg for 6-8 weeks and get a 3-6' finish height? What strain are you growing?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Fern, Obama and blackberry Kush. Obama is the only one that gets to 5 plus. I veg under 550-750 W gavita.

Top Bottom