Help Me Design A New Room

• Thread starter Mitgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
basically @1diesel1 or to whom ever would like to share.... I'm wanting to scrub the room close to double the amount of carbon that the room is rated for... so that i could turn the exhaust down so its more silent.

so for an 11x11x8 i was thinking a 10' can @1500cfm and pairing it with a fan rated @ 1000cfm maybe just a little over but turn the fans speed down to low, medium.

Still efficient ?
Sounds efficient enough, I would run a fan rated @1500cfm though just in case you need the extra boost when flowers are ripe for the picking.
Blackberry Kush

Tank707

Tank707

You want your fan rated for more than your filter due to constricted air flow. If your doing 1500cfm filter run at least 1500 fan. I'd do 2000 for your fan if I were you. I have 2500 for my room.

Doc G

Doc G

You want your fan rated for more than your filter due to constricted air flow. If your doing 1500cfm filter run at least 1500 fan. I'd do 2000 for your fan if I were you. I have 2500 for my room.
ok cool so i had it backwards

T

Tess

what you rocking this with ?
Hey, sorry just saw your reply
I am actually just starting and I chose White Widow, Northen Light, plus I am thinking of add a KUSH (strawberry KUSH) - but I will need a mentor of a partner to grow;
I have some plans one is edibles, but no yet

Smerb

Smerb

whats up farmers I have a new room I'm setting up its 10.5 ft wide 32 ft long 6ft7 ceiling. I want to fully seal the room for smell so insulation and drywall on the walls and ceiling are a must for me. I'm planning om running 14k cool tube reflectors. What size ac do you guys recommend. I wanted to use a mini split. I also plan on exhausting the lights put the chimney. let me know what you guys would recommend I do. I want the building out to be smell proof. I will be flowering 72 plants off a 5 week veg.
Can you post some pics of yer grow??? I don't see anything mannn.

T

Tess

Well seems you in the right spot. All the mentors are right here....
Yes, I have being preparing myself through studying, researching, now it's time to move and I have consider Rhode Island, do to its location (east coast) where are you?

Doc G

Doc G

Yes, I have being preparing myself through studying, researching, now it's time to move and I have consider Rhode Island, do to its location (east coast) where are you?

im in canada now... love it

T

Tess

Cool, I have being delaying this project even its my main goal cause I will be on my own since I don't know anyone out of Florida, takes courage to start it all alone:)

Doc G

Doc G

Cool, I have being delaying this project even its my main goal cause I will be on my own since I don't know anyone out of Florida, takes courage to start it all alone:)

Well welcome to trial and error i don't think you will need anyone to be there hands on, and u will appreciate your work a lot being all alone... besides you don't need it to be local community project anyway.. thats what this community is for.

You will be fine, just put it and keep it in your mind that you can do it. I will make a suggestion that if you want to keep things a lot more simple in the beginning a well balanced home made composted soil recipe helps @ making things simple but to each is own, some say I'm biased when it comes to my organic life style.

I believe that plants can grow them selves (once seeds are sowed) and its easier to create a soil mix that could provide them what they need to do so. After that is all about acclimating the plants to the environment.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Hey, sorry just saw your reply
I am actually just starting and I chose White Widow, Northen Light, plus I am thinking of add a KUSH (strawberry KUSH) - but I will need a mentor of a partner to grow;
I have some plans one is edibles, but no yet
im here for ya any questions just ask. Grow knowledge is power.

T

Tess

Hey, thank you! Really cool to count on you also, where are you east or west coast?

X.rm

X.rm

basically @1diesel1 or to whom ever would like to share.... I'm wanting to scrub the room close to double the amount of carbon that the room is rated for... so that i could turn the exhaust down so its more silent.

so for an 11x11x8 i was thinking a 10' can @1500cfm and pairing it with a fan rated @ 1000cfm maybe just a little over but turn the fans speed down to low, medium.

Still efficient ?
You've got the right idea just not quite the propper order. You have 968 cubic feet of space in your grow room. Your scrubber could be rated for higher cfm's but the exhaust fan cant be less or the exact amount of cfm's as your grow space because the filter is going to reduce your fans cfm's by up to 20% if you underclock your fan wich would be almost inadequate for the volume youll reduce its effectiveness even more. I would recommend you get a filter rated for less volume, since you only have 968 cubic feet in your grow space you really dont need anything over 1000cfm then for your exhaust fan you can get that with a much higher rating, like you said 1500 cfm's for the fan will be good because the higher cfm's will compensate for the loss due to resistance from the scrubber and you can underclock it so it's not as noisy. There are some good duct silencers available also you could build a box to encapsulate the fan, this last option I've seen work great. Best of luck bro. PEACE!

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Sweet fruity with a little skunk in her, taste is amazing skunky strawberry and smooth. It's my wife's fav.

Latest posts

Top Bottom